Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Dec 17th, 2014

I agree totally with the first two reviews. That was my experience.

|  Terrible interpersonal skills  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2014

Unbelievably long wait times both at office and in hospital, and then when you FINALLY get to see the doctor he spends the bare minimum time actually talking with you, always seems to want to run out of the room as quickly as possible. Mumbles into his dictaphone and tells you next to nothing about his findings, explains NOTHING and expects you to accept his "verdict" without questioning anything. Relies upon his staff to answer patient questions; luckily they're actually quite friendly - but during a single office visit we got 3 completely different answers about post-operative care and restrictions. His surgical skills may be fine (don't know the final outcome in my own case) but his bedside manner is nonexistent. Either he is seriously overworked or he simply does not like interacting with people... I've never met a doctor who was LESS interested in his patients, a most unfortunate experience overall.

|  Unfortunately, I cannot recommend him.  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

I am a 48 year-old who visited Dr. Lee last year. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend him or his office staff. The tech put the drops in my eyes in the waiting room (a little odd). I was then taken to the exam room. Dr. Lee didn't make eye contact or introduce himself upon entering. He simply sat down, began looking at the computer and started asking me questions. He was obviously very uncomfortable shaking my hand when it was offered. Ok...I can deal with that. When he is examining me, apparently I wasn't moving my eyes fast enough for him or the tech, because they would both raise their voices and repeat very quickly "up and right, up and right", then "up and left, up and left". I don't really move slowly, either. It makes me wonder what the patients who are hard of hearing or aged experience in this office. After some eye drops had been put in, they needed to be flushed out. The tech held open my eyes and wouldn't let me take a break to blink...it was like drowning via the eyes. I asked kindly if she would stop for just a second..."No...you can do it.". During both of these procedures, both Dr. Lee and the tech had their hands on my shoulder, holding me down. I wasn't trying to get away. Now...I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I felt assaulted. Then I was escorted into his office for his diagnosis and plan. "Well, there's no good way to put this, so I'm just going to say it. You're legally blind in your right eye. I know you don't like it, but that's the way it is." Then he turned away from me, dialed a number on the phone and waited for someone to answer. No answer. He would do this 4 or 5 times in the 5 minutes I met with him. Picked up his dictaphone and dictated, off and on throughout the visit. Looks back at me and proceeds to tell me that the only treatment is an injection into the eye. No explanation as to what this injection is supposed to do, but went into a dissertation on the cost of it, and need for me to prepay for it. When I asked what this medication was and what it was supposed to do, I was told that he didn't have time to explain it, but his tech would bring me a pamphlet. "So, do you want to do it?" When I asked the pros and cons, he stood up, and began walking toward the door, talking about how he cannot predict the outcome of the procedure. I then asked if it was his family member if he would have it done. "I can't make this decision for you", he exclaimed. And out the door he went. My husband looked at me and said "What did he just say?" (Meaning the entire conversation). When checking out, the receptionist couldn't give me a receipt. Said they don't do that. The office manager got involved. Although they were able to take my copayment, they weren't able to generate a receipt. I had a very odd feeling about the office, the visit and Dr. Lee after my visit. Something isn't right there. I ended up going to Indianapolis for a second opinion. I didn't need the injection Dr. Lee wanted to give me. I had a detached retina and needed immediate surgery.

|  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

This doctor saved my husband's eye sight. Dr. Lee is very soft spoken but he knows what he is doing.