Dr. Robert Lee Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lee?

Posted on May 1st, 2016

Won't to warn others of this doctor. The worst of bedside manners. Will not spend time to even answer questions. Speaks thru his staff. Has no patience with his patients. His staff are on edge because of his militant style. Went for a surgery and very little explanation of what he was doing. He is always more concerned of trying to get out of the room then the patient in the room. Avoid this doctor.

Posted on March 21st, 2016

Terrible communication skills. Avoid this doctor. I question his ability to practice if he won't speak with patients.

Not very helpful when I really needed help.

Posted on August 19th, 2015

Like another reviewer, I had to FIRE Bob as well. I was forced to go to Bob because he was the only Retina specialist in town taking new patients. I had just left my Optometrist who encouraged me to act on this problem today. He had called and the best apt he could get for me was 10 days from today. When I was told again today, in person, by his not so helpful staff, they could not improve on that time frame. I pushed some more and "The Nurse" got involved, while I called my previous eye profession office, Great Lakes Eyecare and they not only had a new Mayo clinic trained Retina specialist on Staff, they set me up with an appointment the very next day. When I walked back in and talked to the nurse, she said the doctor was really booked today but could see me later this week. If the receptionist had an understanding and empathy of what it's like to have Wet AMD in one eye and then have the same symptoms show on your good eye, perhaps she would have worked me in his busy schedule, as the nurse had offered. Instead, I asked the nurse to forward my files to Great Lakes Eyecare.

GREAT CREDENTIALS / OLD TECHNOLOGY

Posted on January 13th, 2015

I like Doctor Lee but have 'FIRED' him based on his decision to use old technology in his practice. Optical Coherence Tomography is a diagnostic technique that renders cross sectional views of the retina. There are 2 types of technology (1) time domain systems - uses 400 scans / second using 6 radial slices oriented 30 degrees apart; (2) spectral domain technology - scans 20,000 to 40,000 scans / second. Because of the higher scan rate with the 'higher resolution technology' it diminishes the likelihood of motion artifact, enhances the resolution and decreases the chance of missing lesions. Dr. Lee uses the old technology and has no immediate plans to upgrade (according to his technician). So, if you have concerns with bleeding in your eye, his technology is less apt to identify a problem before it occurs. if you don't beleive me, read about optical coherence technology on the internet.

Terrible interpersonal skills

Posted on July 3rd, 2014

Unbelievably long wait times both at office and in hospital, and then when you FINALLY get to see the doctor he spends the bare minimum time actually talking with you, always seems to want to run out of the room as quickly as possible. Mumbles into his dictaphone and tells you next to nothing about his findings, explains NOTHING and expects you to accept his "verdict" without questioning anything. Relies upon his staff to answer patient questions; luckily they're actually quite friendly - but during a single office visit we got 3 completely different answers about post-operative care and restrictions. His surgical skills may be fine (don't know the final outcome in my own case) but his bedside manner is nonexistent. Either he is seriously overworked or he simply does not like interacting with people... I've never met a doctor who was LESS interested in his patients, a most unfortunate experience overall.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend him.

Posted on August 15th, 2013

I am a 48 year-old who visited Dr. Lee last year. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend him or his office staff. The tech put the drops in my eyes in the waiting room (a little odd). I was then taken to the exam room. Dr. Lee didn't make eye contact or introduce himself upon entering. He simply sat down, began looking at the computer and started asking me questions. He was obviously very uncomfortable shaking my hand when it was offered. Ok...I can deal with that. When he is examining me, apparently I wasn't moving my eyes fast enough for him or the tech, because they would both raise their voices and repeat very quickly "up and right, up and right", then "up and left, up and left". I don't really move slowly, either. It makes me wonder what the patients who are hard of hearing or aged experience in this office. After some eye drops had been put in, they needed to be flushed out. The tech held open my eyes and wouldn't let me take a break to blink...it was like drowning via the eyes. I asked kindly if she would stop for just a second..."No...you can do it.". During both of these procedures, both Dr. Lee and the tech had their hands on my shoulder, holding me down. I wasn't trying to get away. Now...I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I felt assaulted. Then I was escorted into his office for his diagnosis and plan. "Well, there's no good way to put this, so I'm just going to say it. You're legally blind in your right eye. I know you don't like it, but that's the way it is." Then he turned away from me, dialed a number on the phone and waited for someone to answer. No answer. He would do this 4 or 5 times in the 5 minutes I met with him. Picked up his dictaphone and dictated, off and on throughout the visit. Looks back at me and proceeds to tell me that the only treatment is an injection into the eye. No explanation as to what this injection is supposed to do, but went into a dissertation on the cost of it, and need for me to prepay for it. When I asked what this medication was and what it was supposed to do, I was told that he didn't have time to explain it, but his tech would bring me a pamphlet. "So, do you want to do it?" When I asked the pros and cons, he stood up, and began walking toward the door, talking about how he cannot predict the outcome of the procedure. I then asked if it was his family member if he would have it done. "I can't make this decision for you", he exclaimed. And out the door he went. My husband looked at me and said "What did he just say?" (Meaning the entire conversation). When checking out, the receptionist couldn't give me a receipt. Said they don't do that. The office manager got involved. Although they were able to take my copayment, they weren't able to generate a receipt. I had a very odd feeling about the office, the visit and Dr. Lee after my visit. Something isn't right there. I ended up going to Indianapolis for a second opinion. I didn't need the injection Dr. Lee wanted to give me. I had a detached retina and needed immediate surgery.

Posted on April 16th, 2012

This doctor saved my husband's eye sight. Dr. Lee is very soft spoken but he knows what he is doing.

Posted on April 27th, 2016