Orthopedic Surgeon, Spine Surgery

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
by Jackson Tennessee Patient on Feb 13th, 2015

Dr. Talac did a failed laminectomy on my lower back in December of 2012 when he was practicing in Jackson, Tennessee. He then gave me a shot that didn't help. After that I saw I guess a Nurse Practictioner and she said if the shot didn't work, there was no need for another. After that I didn't return. They didn't offer to do x-rays to see if there was something else going on on nothing. Two years later in December of 2014 I saw another doctor who said, "I don't know what Dr. Talac did to you, but you're not the first one of his patients to come to me after seeing him. I had a second laminectomy with a Neurosurgeon in December 2014. She inserted screws and bone marrow. I seem to be getting better. I would not recommend him for something that a Neurosurgeon should do. At the time of my surger by him, I was referred to him by an Orthopedist. I thought he was referring me to a Neurosurgeon. The lesson I learned was always check to make sure you're seeing the right specialist. Dr. Talac has great bedside manners and is easy to talk to. But that doesn't help during surgery.

by Kimberly Scroggins on Jan 26th, 2015

Dr. Talac has a geniune desire to help his patients. Very kind and always professional.

patient show details patient
by karen on Dec 2nd, 2014

I had 3 vertebra fussed March 8th 2013 now I am having to go to Nashville to have it redone because 1 of the screws is crooked and NONE of the bone graphs took. He done xray 6 weeks after my surgery and he said they heeled good and for me to go back to my normal life. He had to of know this when he looked at the xray . If I can find me a lawyer to take my case I am going to sue him. So PLEASE people in TX DON'T GO TO HIM HE WILL MESS YOU UP FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!

by John on Jun 24th, 2014

So sad this excellent Dr is leaving Jackson. He knows his stuff. I'm so thankful I got my surgery done before he left. Best of Luck to you in Texas.

by Sheila Harless on Jun 23rd, 2014

Everyone has there opinion about Dr.Talac.But mine is he is a very good doctor so sad he is leaving Jackson.He has helped me so much.Has relieved my pain from a Sciatica nerve problem.Also how many doctors take the time to talk to you on the phone.He did.And far as his staff they was nice.

by Ron on Jun 10th, 2014

This guy is unbelievable. He is friendly and made my back pain go away in 2 weeks. He makes you feel like that you really matter.

by Floyd L. on May 23rd, 2014

Dr Talac is an excecellent Dr. After having failed procedures in Jackson and Vanderbilt. He is the only Dr that found the problem and assured that he could help. Finally got approved for surgery after a year and a half of lower back pain due to ruptured disc. After having the surgery I woke up with the pain gone. Dr Talac has given me my quality of life back. I am forever grateful to him. I highly recommend this wonderful Dr.

Pleased with my visit show details Pleased with my visit
by V Walker on Apr 10th, 2014

This was my first visit and was a work-in. Treated with nothng but kindness, and professional staff. I was pleased with my office visit with Dr Talac. I felt assured he would be there if I needed him to help me if my condition worsens. I have worked in nursing for appx 50 year and I understand time frame between Dr and patient, and he spent time to answer and explain my condition and give time to answer any questions my husband or I had to ask. I would and have already called and recommended him. Thanks Dr Talac for being such a compassionate doctor in such a rushed world we live in today.

best dr ever show details best dr ever
by Gloria Beth Ferguson on Jan 24th, 2014

I had been in severe pain for 3 yrs. I was first sent to a Dr that gave me spinal blocks. It did not help at all. And this Dr missed inserting the needle once. I was balling. It hurt so much. Then I found Dr Talac. We had trouble w insurance (of course) and Dr T did all he could to work that out. I was actually on the table ready for surgery when I was told no the insurance will not cover it. Again I was beside myself. The surgery went on but not the full surgery I needed. Then after 4 mts still in pain the ins did pay for surgery to repair collapsed discs. After this surgery I have had no more pain. Cept for arthritis in my back which does cause a lot o pain but not like what I had for 3 yrs. When I was on the table ready for the second surgery Dr Talac came in and said he couldn't do the surgery because the ac had gone out in operating room. So again it was put off til next day. I think Dr T is a great Dr and person. He did all he could for me and I finally was able to get on w my life. I wish him and his wife all the best and thank you so much

by Disgrunted on Jun 19th, 2013

Went to this Dr. due to neck/upper back problems. He ordered an MRI. My insurance denied the procedure without 6 weeks treatment OR a peer to peer review. Doctor claims to have done peer to peer but insurance denies he did. Doctor cannot tell me who they did the peer to peer with. Wanted me to do the 6 weeks of physical therapy (of course, at HIS office) which would cost me well over $650 co-pay, 2 hours driving 3 times a week AND my insurance company countless thousands. Big RIP OFF artists. Wanted to line his pockets with my/my insurance companies money AND never returned my calls 3 times. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOKER!

Cancelled again!!! show details Cancelled again!!!
May 31st, 2013

Twice I was schedule for surgery and twice my surgery was cancelled due to Talac calling it off. The nurse told me he had a plane to catch and it concerned me more that he planned my surgery on a day he was leaving town! This recent surgery is a revision of the previous surgery gone wrong! You are lucky if you can get answers out of him because he will not stay in the room long enough to address concerns you may have. Too busy for that! Not happy with him and my back has not been right since he told me, " I take care of you". Have not seen any results of that yet! Do not go to this man for surgery, unless you like for people to waste your time!

Jan 1st, 2013

excellent physician, very personable. i was back to almost normal 10 days after minimally invasive fusion.

Sep 19th, 2011

very caring and he explained the procedure that he was going to do in terms that we could understand and made sure that we were comfortable with everything. my husband seen improvements as soon as he came around after surgery i would recomend him very highly

Jul 6th, 2011

DR. TALAC OPERATED ON ME IN MAY OF LAST YEAR. HE KEPT ME OUT OF A WHEEL CHAIR. I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR HIM.HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS UNBELIEVABLE. HE KEPT MY SON INFORMED DURING A LONG SURGERY. I ALWAYS RECOMMEND HIM IF SOMEONE TELLS ME OF BACK PAIN. I TRY TO CARRY HIS CARD TO GIVE OUT. I LOVE THAT MAN. HE IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!! JULIE ARMENT

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Jun 22nd, 2011

wonderful doctor..have recommended several friends to me...he is truly a great physician....ihe is the only md who believed how pain I was in and ran necessary tests no other dr did..all other docs kept telling me muscular, however dr talec believed me sand found herniated and bulging dscs as well as degenerative disc disease and has since pretty much alleviated all pain and discomfort.....I will nnot see anyone else for my back nor will my spouse.....he is a excellent, caring and wonderful person with true concern for his patients......he is the BEST!!!!!

Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Talac is the BEST! Other surgeons gave me a poor prognosis & Dr. Talac did what he said he could do-he operated & fixed it.I would not let anyone else work on me-period! He is great in every aspect!

Nov 7th, 2010

Dr.Robert Talac told me he could get me out of my low back pain,because of a degenerative disc pressing on my nerves 6-2010 and he did.He is a very thorough,caring,explanatory,brilliant doctor.I would recommend him to anyone and if i had any other problems he would be the only Dr.I would call!

most compassionate & giving doctor show details most compassionate & giving doctor
Sep 9th, 2010

Fantastic in every way.Would recommend him highly to everyone.

> > Patient Reviews