Dr. Robert Talac, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon - General, Orthopedic Surgeon - Surgery of the Spine

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
My experience was excellent. Dr. Talac and his staff did a great job before, during and after my procedure. show details My experience was excellent. Dr. Talac and his staff did a great job before, during and after my procedure.
by cathy g. on Jun 22nd, 2016 on doctor.com

i had an excellent experience.

Jun 16th, 2016

great doc

awesome! show details awesome!
by Martha . on May 24th, 2016 on doctor.com

I was so happy with the amount of time Dr Talac spent with me discussing my problem and the best procedure to fix my problem he really took more than ...

by Alp on Feb 3rd, 2016

This is a doctor who will listen, who truly cares about his patients, takes time to explain everything in detail in which the patient understands and has the best bedside manner I have ever encountered! The staff is very helpful and caring. I will soon get an operation and I trust Dr. Talac wholeheartedly.

An awesome doctor who know's his stuff. I'm finally better. show details An awesome doctor who know's his stuff. I'm finally better.
by Sherri M. on Feb 1st, 2016 on doctor.com

I had suffered for two years trying everything. I met a lady at therapy who recommended him. I'm so happy I came here. I can now function and I' ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Really enjoyed the experience. show details Really enjoyed the experience.
by Anonymous on Feb 1st, 2016 on doctor.com

Very satisfied. Lot's of communication. Highly recommend Dr. Talac.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Good experience overall show details Good experience overall
by Karen M. on Jan 28th, 2016 on doctor.com

Good.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Connected and comfortable show details Connected and comfortable
by Dennis A. on Jan 27th, 2016 on doctor.com

From my very first visit to my last I felt completely comfortable with Doc Talac. He was very informative and confident in his tone and with his instr ...

Great experience with Dr. Talac show details Great experience with Dr. Talac
by K. B. on Jan 27th, 2016 on doctor.com

My husband and I both have seen Dr. Talac. He always spends time with you and explains each procedure in detail. He answers all questions and concerns ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Very good doctor!!!! show details Very good doctor!!!!
by f. g. on Jan 22nd, 2016 on doctor.com

Dr. Talac had the pleasure to see my cousin for back pain, and now he is better than ever!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Talac show details I felt very comfortable with Dr. Talac
by N. S. on Jan 18th, 2016 on doctor.com

At first I was very nervous, but he made me feel so comfortable and explain every little detail of my diagnosis. I will highly recommend Dr. Talac to ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
It was great! My neck surgery was awesome! show details It was great! My neck surgery was awesome!
by Stephen L. on Jan 5th, 2016 on doctor.com

Overall it was excellent! Dr Talac spend time with me discussing my problems.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
The most caring doctor! show details The most caring doctor!
by Ana S. on Jan 4th, 2016 on doctor.com

He knows what he is talking about, he is absolutely awesome! He will guide you and care for you during and after treatment. I would recommend him ove ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr Talac is an exceptional surgeon. Very thorough! Unlike any other surgeon. show details Dr Talac is an exceptional surgeon. Very thorough! Unlike any other surgeon.
by M. A. on Jan 4th, 2016 on doctor.com

Very considerate and goes out of his way to achieve the best possible outcome.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr Talac was Awesome. show details Dr Talac was Awesome.
by Matthew J. on Jan 4th, 2016 on doctor.com

Dr. Talac performed Fusion surgery on my lower back. With all the glitches we had with the surgery he was always positive.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
I have had a great experience with this office. show details I have had a great experience with this office.
by Jimmy W. on Dec 7th, 2015 on doctor.com

The ladies in the office is great and very professional. l would recommend them and the doctor to everyone.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr Talac, is a very great doctor. show details Dr Talac, is a very great doctor.
by Wilfred B. on Dec 7th, 2015 on doctor.com

He's a real caring and very helpful doctor. We need more good guys like him!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr. Talac, great caring Doctor! show details Dr. Talac, great caring Doctor!
by Noah D. on Dec 2nd, 2015 on doctor.com

Dr. Talac is the most caring and his knowledge of back plus total body is truly amazing. I recommend him highly for sure to anyone having back spine p ...

Awesome show details Awesome
by Tyler B. on Dec 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

The experience that was was awesome. The doctor took time to to call me personally to set up an appointment.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr Talac is Great. Excellent bedside manner. show details Dr Talac is Great. Excellent bedside manner.
by B. H. on Dec 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

Great Doctor.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Outstanding! simply out of this world show details Outstanding! simply out of this world
by Dr. K. on Dec 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

Dr. Talac, is a fabulous doctor, his ways, bedside manner, knowledge, he's an outstanding physician, I'm absolutely thrilled that I found him. He is a ...

Great Dr show details Great Dr
by Douglas F. on Dec 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

Everyone professional and friendly.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Anonymous on Nov 24th, 2015 on doctor.com

He spent a long time with us and completely explained what was going on with my back.

Thankful and Hopeful show details Thankful and Hopeful
by Wendy on Sep 30th, 2015

My husband was (for a lack of a better word) jerked around by a few other doctors for years when it came to helping him with his back issues and none of them helped. A co-worker of my husband's referred him to Dr. Talac after her surgeries with him. So we made an appointment Dr.Talac explained in detail all of my husband's issues and answered all questions without making him feel rushed he walked out feeling at ease about having his much needed surgery. My husband had his surgery almost a week ago and so far so good I can't thank Dr. Talac and his staff (at his Richmond office) enough for all they have done. Hopefully my husband will get the mobility and pain relief he has so needed after recovery and therapy are over.

Sep 21st, 2015

I've been trying to get an appointment for months for the shots he told me I needed. I haven't had a call back and Jennifer won't wben schedule with me and keeps blaming me

bad experience. show details bad experience.
Aug 7th, 2015

Do not recommend. I am worse now than I was before I saw him.

5 stars show details 5 stars
Jul 15th, 2015

GREAT DOC. THANK YOU!!

Injection show details Injection
Jul 15th, 2015

Thanks so much Dr Talac. You and your staff were wonderful. You explained everything so clearly. Knock on wood the injection you gave me is still working and I am pain free. Thanks so much. I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Good outcome show details Good outcome
by John B on Jul 15th, 2015

thanks dr Talac for fixin my back. life before my surgery was unbearable, and now two weeks later I feel much better. You made a scary experience into a comfortable experience by spending so much time with me and explaining exactly what was going on. thank you so much

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jun 22nd, 2015

He has been a wonderful doctor to me. He shows concerns and takes the time to make sure I understand what's going on what out next steps are and so on and so forth. I was having issues with the doctors office who referred me and he actually asked for the phone and got after them for dropping the ball in providing him the necessary dics/paper they were to provide for my first visit. I like him very much and feel comfortable in his care.

Good staff show details Good staff
Jun 15th, 2015

the staff at Advanced Spine is great. Febe was able to work with me and get me into see the doctor right away. Dr Talac was very knowledgeable and able to help me. I highly recommend him

Nice show details Nice
by Grover on Jun 15th, 2015

Dr Talac was very professional. I really hurt when I came into the office and he and his staff were very courtious and kind. we spent a long time with him and he explained that I need to make some changes in order to feel better.

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
by Thon Nguyen on Jun 15th, 2015

I saw Dr Talak today. He is very knowledable in spine. He is so kind and explained my pain to me in ways I could understand. Thanks so much.

Good doc show details Good doc
by Tray B on Jun 11th, 2015

Had a great experience with Dr T. Had an injection with him and pain is gone. He said he didn't know how long it would last (everbody different), but sure like it that I don't have to go see anyone else to get my back pain under control.

Wonderful Doc show details Wonderful Doc
by Ashley M. on Jun 10th, 2015

Wow, a spine surgeon who actually spent time with me. He worked me in to be seen right away. I had to wait for about 20 minutes (only reason he doesn't get 5 stars on that one). He spent a LONG time with me in my exam going over and explaining to me why I hurt. He actually talked me OUT of surgery. So great.

by Tommy on May 2nd, 2015

Dr. Talac is very very patient with me. I was a little afraid of the injections in my lower back but he explained everything to me. The injections were painless and helpful.

by Kimberly Scroggins on Jan 26th, 2015

Dr. Talac has a geniune desire to help his patients. Very kind and always professional.

by John on Jun 24th, 2014

So sad this excellent Dr is leaving Jackson. He knows his stuff. I'm so thankful I got my surgery done before he left. Best of Luck to you in Texas.

by Sheila Harless on Jun 23rd, 2014

Everyone has there opinion about Dr.Talac.But mine is he is a very good doctor so sad he is leaving Jackson.He has helped me so much.Has relieved my pain from a Sciatica nerve problem.Also how many doctors take the time to talk to you on the phone.He did.And far as his staff they was nice.

by Ron on Jun 10th, 2014

This guy is unbelievable. He is friendly and made my back pain go away in 2 weeks. He makes you feel like that you really matter.

by Floyd L. on May 23rd, 2014

Dr Talac is an excecellent Dr. After having failed procedures in Jackson and Vanderbilt. He is the only Dr that found the problem and assured that he could help. Finally got approved for surgery after a year and a half of lower back pain due to ruptured disc. After having the surgery I woke up with the pain gone. Dr Talac has given me my quality of life back. I am forever grateful to him. I highly recommend this wonderful Dr.

Pleased with my visit show details Pleased with my visit
by V Walker on Apr 10th, 2014

This was my first visit and was a work-in. Treated with nothng but kindness, and professional staff. I was pleased with my office visit with Dr Talac. I felt assured he would be there if I needed him to help me if my condition worsens. I have worked in nursing for appx 50 year and I understand time frame between Dr and patient, and he spent time to answer and explain my condition and give time to answer any questions my husband or I had to ask. I would and have already called and recommended him. Thanks Dr Talac for being such a compassionate doctor in such a rushed world we live in today.

best dr ever show details best dr ever
by Gloria Beth Ferguson on Jan 24th, 2014

I had been in severe pain for 3 yrs. I was first sent to a Dr that gave me spinal blocks. It did not help at all. And this Dr missed inserting the needle once. I was balling. It hurt so much. Then I found Dr Talac. We had trouble w insurance (of course) and Dr T did all he could to work that out. I was actually on the table ready for surgery when I was told no the insurance will not cover it. Again I was beside myself. The surgery went on but not the full surgery I needed. Then after 4 mts still in pain the ins did pay for surgery to repair collapsed discs. After this surgery I have had no more pain. Cept for arthritis in my back which does cause a lot o pain but not like what I had for 3 yrs. When I was on the table ready for the second surgery Dr Talac came in and said he couldn't do the surgery because the ac had gone out in operating room. So again it was put off til next day. I think Dr T is a great Dr and person. He did all he could for me and I finally was able to get on w my life. I wish him and his wife all the best and thank you so much

Cancelled again!!! show details Cancelled again!!!
May 31st, 2013

Twice I was schedule for surgery and twice my surgery was cancelled due to Talac calling it off. The nurse told me he had a plane to catch and it concerned me more that he planned my surgery on a day he was leaving town! This recent surgery is a revision of the previous surgery gone wrong! You are lucky if you can get answers out of him because he will not stay in the room long enough to address concerns you may have. Too busy for that! Not happy with him and my back has not been right since he told me, " I take care of you". Have not seen any results of that yet! Do not go to this man for surgery, unless you like for people to waste your time!

Sep 19th, 2011

very caring and he explained the procedure that he was going to do in terms that we could understand and made sure that we were comfortable with everything. my husband seen improvements as soon as he came around after surgery i would recomend him very highly

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Jun 22nd, 2011

wonderful doctor..have recommended several friends to me...he is truly a great physician....ihe is the only md who believed how pain I was in and ran necessary tests no other dr did..all other docs kept telling me muscular, however dr talec believed me sand found herniated and bulging dscs as well as degenerative disc disease and has since pretty much alleviated all pain and discomfort.....I will nnot see anyone else for my back nor will my spouse.....he is a excellent, caring and wonderful person with true concern for his patients......he is the BEST!!!!!

Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Talac is the BEST! Other surgeons gave me a poor prognosis & Dr. Talac did what he said he could do-he operated & fixed it.I would not let anyone else work on me-period! He is great in every aspect!

most compassionate & giving doctor show details most compassionate & giving doctor
Sep 9th, 2010

Fantastic in every way.Would recommend him highly to everyone.