Orthopaedic Surgeon, Spine Surgery

162 Murray Guard Dr
Suite B
Jackson, TN 38305
731-506-4607
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  like I said before the man is a liar.  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2014

I told you before, the man is a liar. He told my husband (after he screwed up his back) if he would get another MRI done he would see him at no charge and go over his MRI. Well that was 3 years ago and now we are also getting letters threatening us with attorneys and lawsuits. HE LIES and my husband will suffer the rest of his life thanks to Talac. He doesn't deserve to be called doctor and he should have his license pulled. You take your life in your own hands when you let him do surgery on you.

by John on Jun 24th, 2014

So sad this excellent Dr is leaving Jackson. He knows his stuff. I'm so thankful I got my surgery done before he left. Best of Luck to you in Texas.

by Sheila Harless on Jun 23rd, 2014

Everyone has there opinion about Dr.Talac.But mine is he is a very good doctor so sad he is leaving Jackson.He has helped me so much.Has relieved my pain from a Sciatica nerve problem.Also how many doctors take the time to talk to you on the phone.He did.And far as his staff they was nice.

by Joan B on Jun 20th, 2014

I can't believe this doctor has deserted his patients. He does operations one day and closes his office the next? His billing system is all messed up. I received a letter that my account was going to be turned over to attorneys if I didn't pay the amount it said I owed in 10 days. I always paid my co pays when I went for my appointments and never received a bill from him on the other charges. I have proof that I payed the amounts they say I owe so I guess I am lucky. Warning to the people of The Woodlands Texas, stay away from this guy, he will abandon you too.

|  The man is a liar.  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2014

Dr. Talac did surgery on my husband's back 3 years ago and it has been worse than it was prior to his aurfery. We were later told by another neurosurgeon who did an MRI on my husband that there was no sign that dr talac had done anything to my husband's back on the MRI. I work in a medical facility and have since then ran into 2 other patients of talac's with similar situations to my husband's, one of whom ended up on a walker after talac did surgery. Do not put your trust in this man.

by Melony Lawrence on Jun 18th, 2014

I was one of the patients that he abandon. I was told that he was the best. How would I know? Makes me wonder why he dropped everything so suddenly to move to another state without finalizing the commitments he already had. Pretty shady if you ask me. Now I have to start over when I felt I was so close to getting the relief I need. Glad I didn't pay him any money

|  abandoned his patients  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2014

Dr. Talac is good about making you feel like he will take care of you initially after waiting forever to see him. Once I had surgery scheduled his office called me to say my surgery has been cancelled because he has left for another state. He let me go thru the pre op process and pay jim upfront for surgery and then he cancelled on me. I don't know if I will get that money back. Don't trust him no matter where he ends up he will let you down.

by Ron on Jun 10th, 2014

This guy is unbelievable. He is friendly and made my back pain go away in 2 weeks. He makes you feel like that you really matter.

by Floyd L. on May 23rd, 2014

Dr Talac is an excecellent Dr. After having failed procedures in Jackson and Vanderbilt. He is the only Dr that found the problem and assured that he could help. Finally got approved for surgery after a year and a half of lower back pain due to ruptured disc. After having the surgery I woke up with the pain gone. Dr Talac has given me my quality of life back. I am forever grateful to him. I highly recommend this wonderful Dr.

|  Pleased with my visit  |  show details
by V Walker on Apr 10th, 2014

This was my first visit and was a work-in. Treated with nothng but kindness, and professional staff. I was pleased with my office visit with Dr Talac. I felt assured he would be there if I needed him to help me if my condition worsens. I have worked in nursing for appx 50 year and I understand time frame between Dr and patient, and he spent time to answer and explain my condition and give time to answer any questions my husband or I had to ask. I would and have already called and recommended him. Thanks Dr Talac for being such a compassionate doctor in such a rushed world we live in today.

|  best dr ever  |  show details
by Gloria Beth Ferguson on Jan 24th, 2014

I had been in severe pain for 3 yrs. I was first sent to a Dr that gave me spinal blocks. It did not help at all. And this Dr missed inserting the needle once. I was balling. It hurt so much. Then I found Dr Talac. We had trouble w insurance (of course) and Dr T did all he could to work that out. I was actually on the table ready for surgery when I was told no the insurance will not cover it. Again I was beside myself. The surgery went on but not the full surgery I needed. Then after 4 mts still in pain the ins did pay for surgery to repair collapsed discs. After this surgery I have had no more pain. Cept for arthritis in my back which does cause a lot o pain but not like what I had for 3 yrs. When I was on the table ready for the second surgery Dr Talac came in and said he couldn't do the surgery because the ac had gone out in operating room. So again it was put off til next day. I think Dr T is a great Dr and person. He did all he could for me and I finally was able to get on w my life. I wish him and his wife all the best and thank you so much

by Disgrunted on Jun 19th, 2013

Went to this Dr. due to neck/upper back problems. He ordered an MRI. My insurance denied the procedure without 6 weeks treatment OR a peer to peer review. Doctor claims to have done peer to peer but insurance denies he did. Doctor cannot tell me who they did the peer to peer with. Wanted me to do the 6 weeks of physical therapy (of course, at HIS office) which would cost me well over $650 co-pay, 2 hours driving 3 times a week AND my insurance company countless thousands. Big RIP OFF artists. Wanted to line his pockets with my/my insurance companies money AND never returned my calls 3 times. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOKER!

|  Cancelled again!!!  |  show details
May 31st, 2013

Twice I was schedule for surgery and twice my surgery was cancelled due to Talac calling it off. The nurse told me he had a plane to catch and it concerned me more that he planned my surgery on a day he was leaving town! This recent surgery is a revision of the previous surgery gone wrong! You are lucky if you can get answers out of him because he will not stay in the room long enough to address concerns you may have. Too busy for that! Not happy with him and my back has not been right since he told me, " I take care of you". Have not seen any results of that yet! Do not go to this man for surgery, unless you like for people to waste your time!

|  Totally confused  |  show details
by Patricia Salyer on Mar 13th, 2013

This doctor told me i have a broken back. Sent me to get a brace He said he was going to set a procedure of cementing would fix it The hospital called me to tell me that my procedure was canceled They said I was not able to have it done I was diagnose wrongly Dr Talacs office never called me to let me know When I went to see him He had several different reason they were all different I walked out not trusting him at all

Jan 1st, 2013

excellent physician, very personable. i was back to almost normal 10 days after minimally invasive fusion.

|  What about...  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Any problems with him canceling surgery in Memphis at the last minute after his patients have already been prepped for surgery, claiming there was not enough staff or tools to do the five (5) he had scheduled. Yet, the nurses claimed there were 2 operating rooms ready, enough staff, and enough tools to complete all five (5). Professional?

Sep 27th, 2012

shhhhh... u never b hearing fr

Sep 19th, 2011

very caring and he explained the procedure that he was going to do in terms that we could understand and made sure that we were comfortable with everything. my husband seen improvements as soon as he came around after surgery i would recomend him very highly

Jul 6th, 2011

DR. TALAC OPERATED ON ME IN MAY OF LAST YEAR. HE KEPT ME OUT OF A WHEEL CHAIR. I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR HIM.HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS UNBELIEVABLE. HE KEPT MY SON INFORMED DURING A LONG SURGERY. I ALWAYS RECOMMEND HIM IF SOMEONE TELLS ME OF BACK PAIN. I TRY TO CARRY HIS CARD TO GIVE OUT. I LOVE THAT MAN. HE IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!! JULIE ARMENT

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

wonderful doctor..have recommended several friends to me...he is truly a great physician....ihe is the only md who believed how pain I was in and ran necessary tests no other dr did..all other docs kept telling me muscular, however dr talec believed me sand found herniated and bulging dscs as well as degenerative disc disease and has since pretty much alleviated all pain and discomfort.....I will nnot see anyone else for my back nor will my spouse.....he is a excellent, caring and wonderful person with true concern for his patients......he is the BEST!!!!!

Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Talac is the BEST! Other surgeons gave me a poor prognosis & Dr. Talac did what he said he could do-he operated & fixed it.I would not let anyone else work on me-period! He is great in every aspect!

|  Exceptional Care and Kind Doctor  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

Dr. Talac was wonderful to my family member. He delivered the results that he said he would deliever and was professional, kind and caring along the way. We have refered other patients to him. We are fortunate to have Dr. Talac in our community.

Nov 7th, 2010

Dr.Robert Talac told me he could get me out of my low back pain,because of a degenerative disc pressing on my nerves 6-2010 and he did.He is a very thorough,caring,explanatory,brilliant doctor.I would recommend him to anyone and if i had any other problems he would be the only Dr.I would call!

|  most compassionate & giving doctor  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2010

Fantastic in every way.Would recommend him highly to everyone.