Dr. Robert Thoreson DO Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

May 12th, 2014
Best General Praxis in Town
Very professional staff and great Dr. Recommended to my friends and they all still thank me for it!

March 3rd, 2014
The BEST!
An excellent doctor! Caring, kind, considerate, competent!

February 1st, 2012
Doctor Thoreson has helped me tremendously
And I have to drive a very long way to see this compassionate man. In fact he the only Dr. I would drive that far to see. He knows the human body after doing this work for thirty years. His IV cocktails have energized me in a way that I didn't think was possible.His staff and nurse are so kind. I love going to see Dr. Thoreson, he is a special man.

July 19th, 2011
The Most Greedy Doctor I've Ever Seen
I have recently suffered from acute pain in my left arm due to a pinched nerve in my neck. I wanted to see Dr. Thoreson just to get some (not very strong) pain meds, because I can't get an appointment with a Neurologist for at least a month. Before I could see him however, the receptionist wanted $250!!!!! And I have very good insurance!!! I said I would not pay that for a simple office visit (nor would anyone in their right mind).So I start to walk out, and they said that I owed them even though I hand't even seen the doctor; I literally never set eyes on him. I suggested that we call the police and let them sort it out, to which they responded "That's OK, we'll only charge you half. As I'm dialing 911, they backed off and said I didn't have to pay. Greed, greed greed."Doctor" Thoreson IS what's wrong with the American medical system.

May 10th, 2011
He has tried his best to help me with my chronic health issues. He tries to find the true cause of symptoms.

September 2nd, 2010
Caring Professional
I had begun to lose hope in the medical community and then I found Dr. Thoreson! A medical professional who can diagnose and cure the problem and he actually cares about the patient. Dr. Thoreson is about so much more than tossing you a bottle of pills and kicking you out the door; he actually wants you to get well and to improve the quality of your life. You will not find a better doctor. I have recommended him to my family and friends.

May 14th, 2010
Dr. Thoreson-THE BEST!!!
Dr. Thoreson is the very BEST doctor I have ever met! He is caring, extremely knowledgeable and most competent! His power of healing by manipulation is a real blessing. My German Shepher and I had been playing ball when we collided. I could hardly walk and could not take a step up a curb without pain. After Dr. Thoreson's treatments, I now can walk up flights of stairs and even take walks almost daily. He has helped in so many ways! When a liver test indicated a problem, Dr. Thoreson recommended an alternative medication. Fourteen days later, I was retested. The problem was eliminated. His advice as well as his competence and his sincere, caring attitude are unmatched in my experience. He is easy to talk with and willing to listen. He listens with an interest in helping. Dr. Thoreson is the ONLY doctor that I trust! I wish he were also a dentist, opthalmologist, etc., so that I would never have to see anyone else. I recommend him MOST HIGHLY!!!!

October 21st, 2009
Having a doctor like DR Thoreson
When I moved to Austin, I looked a lot of places for a doctor. The big bustling medical world softens and quiets itself when I walk into Dr Thoreson's office. An obviously professional place, a certain calm comes over me as I settle in for a good read of a new magazine next to the big 'potted tree'. But warm and smiling Heather calls me to the exam room within minutes, where the nurse takes my vitals. She is smiling and 'cooing' as well. I sit looking out into the back woods through the big windows as the light filters through the trees. Then the Doctor comes in and we talk, about everything, no pressure, no rush. He listens and never talks over me. It is utterly important to be validated in this way. We decide on a number of things, he prescribes a few things. I return every so often for BP checks, occasional tests or whatever. It is so reassuring and peaceful to be in those rooms. Dr Thoreson is not only impressive in his manner, but his knowledge base is extensive. However, he never pushes anything on me, but when he suggests something, I know he has put thought into his patient's needs and I know he is right. I feel safe being his patient. I consider myself lucky.