Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book.
May 12th, 2015

This doctor has the poorest receptionist. Their website clearly states the following: "One of the great advantages to choosing Doctor Tomchik as your doctor is the ability to see him on the same day or at the LATEST the next day." When I called to book a next-day appointment the receptionist said sorry we're booked. So when I mentioned the statement on the website she suggested that I go to urgent care, or wait for the next available appointment which was 4 days away! Not only was receptionist rude but this is false advertising. Glad I found out the true about how this doctor runs his practice!!

Apr 17th, 2015

He is good, his staff rude and not professional at all

inept staff and doctor doesnt call patients back show details inept staff and doctor doesnt call patients back
Mar 19th, 2015

I went in for a physical. I received a phone call on 02/23/15 with results of my lab. The young lady who called me told me everything was ok. I didn't think so b/c Dr. Tomchik maintains that I am severely anemic. I asked the caller if she is sure I am ok. She looked at my labs again and quoted me a range that sounded less than ok to me, the untrained professional. During my last physical, I received a call and I was told I was ok too and then Dr, Tomchik told me I am severely anemic in a following visit. Shocker!! I then called the office and requested they mail my last lab results and my previous lab results to me. Gatekeeper advised this can be done so long as I don't have HIV results. I do not, so I was assured labs would be mailed. I wanted to have my colleague read the results. I was told to allow 3 to 5 business days. I waited two weeks and called again. The gatekeeper confirmed my labs were mailed to me and he/she would have them mailed again as a precaution. The labs never came. I called today, 03/19/15 and spoke to gatekeeper again. This time I specifically requested to have Dr. Tomchik call me back to complain about his practice. The gatekeeper promised to personally mail my records to me-a broken promise in the past. I said that is fine, but I still need a call back from the doctor. Gatekeeper then told me Dr Tomchik doesn't call back patients and argued with me when I said that I don't trust the results. I then requested to have a medical release form mailed to me. A doctor who hires inept staff to give out faulty lab results and who doesn't return patient's calls should be put on blast for other potential patients to steer clear. I want out. I will post this message on every single board far and wide. Do less botox and b5 shots and more doctoring of the patients. You people chose the wrong patient to mess with. I drive very far to go to Dr. Tomchik to get crap back in return.

Extremely disappointed. I will change pcp immediately. Suggests i find solution on WebMD! won't refer to specialist but provides no articulate reason as to why. Doesn't answer calls, but has his nurse tell patient (after several attempts to get a hold of him) to try over the counter medicine if what he prescribed didn't work, that " yes, he has results, you have x but i can't tell you if that's serious, also can't tell you if that's the cause of your symptoms until next appmnt a week later" could also be Y or Z but didn't test for that, for no particular reason. WTH?! idk if he's incompetent or that he doesn't care about the patient at all. Also, rude staff, who mess up and give you wrong appointment time, then have you wait until he can squeeze you, no apologies but an attitude to top it off. show details Extremely disappointed. I will change pcp immediately. Suggests i find solution on WebMD! won't refer to specialist but provides no articulate reason as to why. Doesn't answer calls, but has his nurse tell patient (after several attempts to get a hold of him) to try over the counter medicine if what he prescribed didn't work, that " yes, he has results, you have x but i can't tell you if that's serious, also can't tell you if that's the cause of your symptoms until next appmnt a week later" could also be Y or Z but didn't test for that, for no particular reason. WTH?! idk if he's incompetent or that he doesn't care about the patient at all. Also, rude staff, who mess up and give you wrong appointment time, then have you wait until he can squeeze you, no apologies but an attitude to top it off.
by Dont go to this ridiculous place on Mar 5th, 2015

makes patient wait in pain a week even though he has results, before discussing them

Horrible!!!!! show details Horrible!!!!!
Feb 13th, 2015

The staff is very rude and the billing person barely spoke english to communicate with my insurance

by Paul J. Hartman on Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Tomchik is the most caring, professional doctor I have ever had. I have been his patient since April 2000 (eleven years next month) and he has never failed to give me excellent advise. His bedside mannor is superb and patiently answers all questions. I extremely highly recommend him.

Efficient but rude show details Efficient but rude
by Guest G. at Judy`s Book on Sep 8th, 2008 on judysbook.com

The office staff was very rude and not friendly. Although the service was quick---I did not have an appointment but was seen right away---the female doctor not Dr. Tomchik was condescending, impatient, judgmental, and seemed intolerant of...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
You can always get an appointment here, and you always feel welcome! show details You can always get an appointment here, and you always feel welcome!
by SHARON F. at Judy`s Book on Aug 10th, 2005 on judysbook.com

Most of his staff has been here for a while, and they are great! He has different practitioners available on other days, if you need a specialist. The only complaint I have is some of the newer front desk staff needs to get a clue! Office i...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com