Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Frendly and Efficient  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2014

Very fast in and out and told me everything i asked about and was very nice about the whole experience

|  Knee Injection  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2014

After falling and hurting my left knee Dr. Travis suggested I go and have an X-Ray, after the X-Ray I went over to the office and had Dr. Travis check my knee and the X-Ray and he suggested I have a shot in my knee. I must say I had relief almost immediately. The staff was great and I would recommend going to Dr. Travis for treatment or surgery. Thank you. DJH

|  Good Experience  |  show details
by W.L. on Feb 10th, 2014

I saw Dr.Travis for a bicep injury. He saw me the same day as my injury, and spent a lot of time explaining treatment and options. I thought he was concerned about me and my injury. His office was clean and everyone was friendly. I absolutely had a positive experience.

|  Shattered Humerus bone  |  show details
by Cari on Dec 28th, 2013

I seen Dr. Travis in the end of 2007. I had a freak accident when I was 25 years old while ice skating and broke my humerus bone in 5 places. I wasn't really given choices on doctors since I pretty much needed surgery right away. I do remember meeting him before the surgery, but him not answering many questions and me not really knowing what was gonna be happening to me aside from just telling me I'd have a bit of hardware going in. but I was on a lot of pain meds already and in a lot of pain so just wanted to get it over with. My surgery was supposed to be 4 hours and ended up being 6. Didn't see him again to the following day ( my thoughts on Annapolis hospital's nurses and my stay there over night is another story) but I seen Dr. Travis the next day, he checked out my arm threw my bandages at the nurse and said bandage her up and discharge her. in which my nurse replied by rolling her eyes, until she seen my incision and apologized. I really only went to see him once a week for the next month.. just for routine check ups and to get my staples out. I will be honest and say 100% he is not sensitive or compassionate with his patients, I always had the impression that he was one of those Surgeons that's just very cocky. But I will give him 100% credit for giving me the best reconstruction that my arm could have gotten. There was super high chance that I would have gotten permanent nerve damage in my wrist and hand and also wouldn't be able to straighten my elbow ever again. although, my arm will never be fully healed, I don't have any issues with it and it is as close to being a normal arm as I could have ever imagined. much credit to the extra time he took with it in the surgery room plus my physical therapists help of course. I'm not surprised by the other reviews for him about his personality, but am surprised about the reviews on his performance.

|  Angry denied disability because of his records  |  show details
by Mary on Aug 16th, 2013

I asked to have an extension for my disability where I could work part-time, due to the pain and swelling. I was denied because Dr. Travis indicated I had no problems with pain, swelling, discomfort, and mobility to my right ankle. I broke my left ankle, he never ever asked me any questions, he just looked at the xrays. I sent in a photo of my ankle to the insurance company from last night and it is 8 weeks since I broke the ankle and it was swollen ad still hurting.

|  Definitely not recommended  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

I was able to get in for surgery quickly but had a bad experience.

|  show details
Feb 23rd, 2013

Dr Travis Acts Like he don't care about his patients just the money

|  Great Surgeon and Staff  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I had orthoscopic surgery on my knee, the way Dr Travis and his staff helped me was excellent, I wanted to write a review about my experience, the whole staff was great with helping me and Dr Travis is a very busy man, but I didn't need to talk, I needed a great surgeon who knows how to help me, get in and get the job done and everyone has been so helpful and has done everything I needed to help me with time off work papers and making follow up appt. What a great place. Thank You

|  If I had an option at surgery time I would never have chosen this doctor. .while good at his craft.  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

Dr. Travis travels between hospitals and is not based close to where we live.He is cold with family and does not follow surgery update posting protocol creating unnecessary stress on staff and families.Made patient wait hours for an am surgery performed in the afternoon, creating extra work for the anesthesiology department and shortening the effective post operative life of the pain block.

|  claim for insurance  |  show details
May 12th, 2012

Went to see doctor for an opinion after auto accident. I was sent to determine if needed surgery. Even though his opinion has proved to the insurance I do need surgery, it was based on his only spending a minute talking to me and no physical contact. He did not allow me to list the medications I am taking so he wrote that I DID NOT KNOW their names. And, he chose to rely on incorrect information he'd rec'd from another source. He did not "discuss" any of my meds with me. He did not ask me to do anything physical. My opinion, is he doesn't care. He just has a pleasant demeanor.

|  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

i would never recommend this DR to anyone!!

|  Avoid him at all costs  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Made a mistake of choosing him for my knee surgery. Money grab and a liar

|  Not a very good doctor  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

I was referred to Dr.Travis by my primary physician. I was having difficulty with my left knee. Symptoms were pain, swelling, cracking, giving out and pain traveling to hip and buttocks. Dr.Travis's diagnosis was a torn meniscus. He recommended surgery and allegedly repaired my knee in 2009. Unfortunately 1 year and a half later I started experiencing most of the same symptoms with the same knee. Recently I was seen by Dr.Travis reference these same symptoms and he stated it was arthritis. Bottom line is I didn't think he was good then and don't think he's good today. I have an appointment with a specialst who is more qualified and comes highly recommended. Hopefully he can help and I won't need another surgery.

|  NO NOT THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

To say he is a HACK is an understatement. After a basic "clean up" arthroscopy, I am left with a totally destroyed knee. I am now at a total of 3 surgeries, (only two were his hack jobs.)12 weeks of IV antibiodics, 12 weeks plus of PT, and now facing a knee replacement due to his lack of ability to diagnose a very serious infection. I was placed in inpatient rehabilitation for agressive PT because he did not diagnose my infection, which led to my knee being totally destroyed. I am only 40 years old and cannot stand or walk without assistance, cannot work, cannot straighten my leg, all my soft tissue is destroyed, my cartilidge has been eaten away by infection, and now I am facing a knee replacement, IF and only IF, the infection will heal up. After the second surgery failed his answer was "this is out of my hands". He basically wiped his hands of me and sent me off. Travis did not explain the risks, benefits, or anything else. I did not need a surgeon to "hold my hand", I needed him to do what he took an OATH to do. HE FAILED, miserably, run, don't walk in the other direction. Don't let this man destroy you and your life too.

|  knee surgery  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

Dr. Travis is by far the wort doctor I have ever had in my life. He explains nothing nor does he give you time to ask questions. I went to him for knee surgery, due to a referral from my family doc. It has been the worst experience of my life. Stay away from this uncaring HACK! I am worse now then before I started.

|  Not professional nor personable  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2011

After waiting 30-45 minutes to see this Dr, my visits were never longer than a minute. He does not explain the diagnosis, treatment or any further suggestions. I basically had to chase him out of the room to ask him questions! He may be a good surgeon but we don't know because he has never taken another x-ray. His ability to care for patients post operative are HORRENDOUS. My next visit with this Dr will be the last as I am promptly moving to another office that actually cares for their patients. If you have a choice to use another Dr I highly suggest it.

|  spending time with me ?  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

Dr Travis is in & out most of the times. The visits last about a minute I dont get my questions answered,he is allways in rush. He Is Over BOOKED!

|  never go to this doctor for aftercare or bedside manner  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

This man has absolutely no sympathy for his patients nor does he care how he treats them. I HAVE TO GIVE HIM CREDIT HE IS A GOOD SURGEON I GUESS BUT since his office has not called me to see how I am doing since my surgery or even to remind me of my office visit I CAN'T TELL.The day after my surgery I was in lot of pain as can be expected but still anxious to talk with the doctor to see exactly how bad the knee really was and what exactly he had to do. I had a little plastic drain attached to a tube on my knee to get the seepage after surgery. I was asleep but felt his presence at the bottom of my bed. He came in did not say anything to me. I'm still half asleep but try to wake up quickly as I recognize it is Dr. Travis. He does not say a word to me, goes under the cover and SNATCHED OUT THE PLASTIC DRAIN FROM MY LEG, THROWS IT IN THE WASTE, LAYS THE COVER BACK DOWN ON MY LEG AS I SCREAM, GRABS HIS JACKET AND AS HE WALKS OUT HE DECLARES TO ME OVER HIS SHOULDER THAT I WILL BE ALRIGHT. HE DID NOT ASK ME HOW I WAS, IF I HAD ANY QUESTIONS, NOTHING!!! HIS WHOLE VISIT TOOK 45 SECONDS OR LESS.I WAS LIVID TO SAY THE LEAST. The nest day I was waiting for him. I insisted that he sit down, I explained how rude and unprofessional he was. How uncaring and downright demeaning his behavior had been.I told him how careless and uncomfortable he made me as a patient of his. He tried to ACT like he was sorry but acting is not his strong point. My next hurdle with him was when I had a choice of rehabs and I already from the first day in his office had told HIM, his staff, and the hospital OVER AND OVER THAT I HAD MADE MY CHOICE. HE STILL REF'D ME TO THE PEOPLE HE WANTED ME TO GO TO EVEN THOUGH THE DAY I TALKED TO HIM IN THE HOSPITAL I HAD REMINDED HIM AGAIN THAT I HAD MADE MY CHOICE. i had to get a double blood transfusion while I was in the hospital. These rehab folks were so aggressive that they were even calling me on my cell phone to go with their agency. I told them NO that I was getting a transfusion as we speak. The lady was so aggressive until the hospital staff had to call them and tell them to stop calling me.If this doctor had really taken my talk with him to heart why would he refer me to these folk when HE KNEW I HAD ALREADY MADE MY CHOICE!!! I TELL YOU HE IS NOT THE ONE. I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN CALLED FOR AFTER CARE OR OFFICE VISIT SINCE MY SURGERY BUT I DID CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND LEFT IT ON THEIR ANSWERING SERVICE. GOOD AFTER CARE IS ESSENTIAL AFTER SURGERY BUT I GUESS MAYBE I'M NOT ENTITLED TO THAT SINCE I DID NOT GO TO THE REHAB I WAS TOLD TO GO TO EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS CLEARLY MY CHOICE. NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE STORY THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU. GOOD LUCK

|  great doctor  |  show details
by k.mosier on Jan 4th, 2011

I have had knee trouble for many years and have had 4 surgerys before seeing him. My knee feels better now than it has in ten years.My physical therapist was even impressed when she looked over my file to see all the trouble i have had.He is the 4th doctor to work on my knee and i wish iwould of went to him 1st.

|  Thanks, Doc, for fixing my shoulder  |  show details
by Breck Hudson on Jan 6th, 2010

I injured my lt shoulder in a diving accident - torn rotator cuff. I did not have it diagnosed for almost a year - when it was obvious that it was not going to get better on its own. Once I was diagnosed, I was referred to Dr. Travis. We had a brief meeting, where he did some basic strength/resistance tests, reviewed my MRI, and informed me that I had completely separated a muscle/tendon from my shoulder, and that it required surgery to correct the problem. He quickly explained what, exactly, caused this to happen (bone spurs cut the through the tendon), and what he would do in the surgery. Then he quickly told me what the chances were of a full recover, mostly-full recovery, non-recovery, and worse-off-than-before possibility. He also let me know that the actual surgery was pretty simple for him, and that my level of recovery depended largely on the rehabilitation, and my commitment to rehabbing properly. Surgery was quick (I was OUT), and I was able to go home afterward, instead of staying over. Did my rehab diligently, and rested it (as advised by Dr. Travis) for about 6 weeks. I am glad to say that my shoulder is MUCH stronger than it was before the surgery, and has almost no pain. I feel that I will gain more strength, and have less pain, as time goes by. Dr. Travis did not spend (waste) a lot of time on irrelevant stuff. He succinctly told me what was wrong, what needed to be done, and how it would happen. And he executed on it as well as I hoped. I didn't need someone to hold my hand all day and night. I needed someone who could fix me up. He did that. Thanks, Doc.

|  Horrible  |  show details
by Joel Anthony Raymond on Jul 13th, 2009

Do not use this Dr.I never saw him day of surgery, He never came out to talk to my wife after, he just left. No update, no info, no report. They had to find me later int he hospital, hours later. Offered a "bucket" of pain pills if I wanted them (on top of an average script already written) Also offered to write me off work for up to 6 months on a broken clavicle. Wait time at his office has always been over 1 hour, for a 3 minute visit(first visit after surgery). Currently have the bone looking like it will pop through the skin, and just had to pluck my chest hair out of my staples because the incision was never shaved. Thanks doc, it feels like I have bugs crawling in my skin when a breeze goes by. I will have my wife pull the staples instead of ever seeing this guy again.