Dr. Robert Truding MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2014
relieved
My son was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at age 5 after spending almost 2 weeks in Children's Hospital in downtown Detroit. A year later he still was running high fevers and had terrible stomach pain. We switched to Dr. Truding and he changed his treatment plan and had his symptoms reduced drastically. I have never been forced Into doing anything we were not comfortable with, He has been patient with our questions and concerns. And truly doesn't want to see any child suffer. He has been caring for my son for 9 years now. I recommend him to everyone I know. Yes we were told there was a long wait to see him, but we asked for first available/cancelation. And saw him within a month.

July 28th, 2013
Unwilling to listen
When I submitted my son's paperwork to his staff, Dr Truding never responded directly to me. He just had his head nurse dismiss our concerns and tell us we could schedule an appointment 10 months in the future if we wanted a consultation.

March 7th, 2013
Dr. Truding is an amazing gastroenterologist! With a national reputation, we switched our son's care from a pediatric hospital after many several months of hospitalizations. This hospital uses Dr. Truding as a second opinion in difficult cases. After being under his care, our stress level went completely down. Although Beaumont is much further, and stressful driving, there is no other doctor we trust. The hospital and doctors we left are only 15 min. from our house but it definitely is worth the hour drive for our son's serious medical issues. We will be forever grateful for making the decision to change gastro doctors!!

January 25th, 2013
Kind, compassionate, intelligent. Truly cares for his patients and their family. Does not force treatment on patients-instead instructs in benefits/risks and allows pt/parents to make decision. Outstanding follow up afterhours, weekends, holidays. He has given us such peace of mind in dealing with our daughters Crohn's disease-could not recommend more highly.

November 10th, 2012
Awesome and caring
Dr. Trudging is great with my daughter who is 8, but was 7 when she was dig nosed with crohns. He listens and is very compassionate with my daughter and me. I believe he really cares about his patients and families. My daughter loves him.

July 13th, 2012
Outstanding and caring physician
Dr. Truding is an outstanding and caring physician. He is truly an expert and has always taken the time to explain everything to us and to answer all of our questions about our son's diagnosis. He has called us very quickly with test results, including evenings and weekends. He is truly dedicated to his patients and their families, and we are so fortunate to have him as our son's doctor.

May 14th, 2012
EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!! LOVE HIM!!!!
Dr. Truding is thorough, compassionate and very down to earth - he was good with my daughter (6 years old) and talked to her in a way she would understand. He was also good with us (her parents) - prior to initial diagnosis we felt we were in crisis mode waiting for pathology reports - he calmed us down and helped us understand - - I trust him COMPLETELY with the care of my daughter - he has called on on Saturdays & even Sunday evening with Pathology results - to ease my mind - - he is the BEST and will be caring for our daughter as long as we can have him with her.

June 23rd, 2011
Outstanding care and intelligence!

September 1st, 2010
Arrogant attitute
Wanted to do invasive testing on my daughter for Celiac. I just wanted to try thhe diet. When I told him I couldn't put her thru the test, he just said "We won't be treating her here" He didn't bother to discuss any other options. I suspect he makes buckets of money by doing surgical procedures on his patients. Since then we tried diet with no results, and two docs have said she does not have Celiac disease. I am not impressed at all.

March 28th, 2009
Excellent, caring doctor. Spends very good time with patine and follows through with everything. Very thorough and professional. Strongly recommend him to patients.

April 13th, 2017