Dr. Robert Ulseth MD Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Ocala, FL

3.2

no change

March 9th, 2017
Dr. ULSETH genuinely cares about his patients however he is a no nonsense kind of doctor he expects his patients to abide by the prescriptions in the rules that he sets forth knowing how hard his job must be I think he does a good job friendly staff I've been going to him for three years then I've hardly spend longer than 10 minutes in the waiting room If you have pain management issues I recommend him

February 20th, 2017
Cant thank you enough !!!
Cant begin to thank Dr. Ulseth enough. Before going to him I was in pain both mentally and physically. He is one of the few Doc's that you have to gain his trust as he is treating you. If you are thinking to run in grab a script or two and leave then this is not the Dr. for you. If you are an abuser of your meds then this is not the Dr. for you. If you want a sweet, hand-holding type of Doc that will candy coat it and tell you what you want to hear then this is not the Doc. for you. However, if you want a Dr. who will treat all aspects of your medical problems, that cares enough to give you a hard time about not changing the things you are able to change on your own to make an improvement in your quality of life, and a Doc that will not only "not" tell you what you want to hear, but, face the reality of your problems and help you makes goals and then helps you meet those goals then I cant recommend Dr. Ulseth enough. It is hard to find a Dr. who will put up with the scrutiny, the comments, being compared to all the "pill pushers" that alot of pain management Drs. basically are, to put up with all of that and STILL devote their life to helping people in pain regain a higher ( much higher in most cases ) quality of activities of daily living. This is a Dr. that really cares about his patients despite what some people call having a rude disposition, bad bedside manner, ect. I have found him hard when he needed to be, blatant and to the point when he needed to be, quick to the point with leaving little to no wiggle room to give you an "out", but ALWAYS, ALWAYS, have left his office knowing that he genuinely cares enough about his patients to be the way he is, which to me is a great Dr., that is why I can never thank you enough for treating me and being my Doc.

February 15th, 2017
A good doctor who knows what he is doing and is very caring of his patients. Explains everything thoroughly.

February 6th, 2017
Absolute Worst of the Worst
Your local vet can probably provide you with MUCH better treatment.

December 6th, 2016
Bad Doctor
Dr. Ulseth is a terrible physician who has non-doctors overseeing the patients he does not. Those non-doctors often forget to sign the prescriptions they give you, and if you return to complain about the fact that They gave You - the patient - an unsigned 'script, they may just let you go from the practice, as they did to me after 8 years. All my fault for getting "upset" for having to go get the unsigned scripts back from the pharmacy, drive back to the doctors and back to the pharmacy. His unprofessionalism is the patient's fault, in his mind.

November 25th, 2016
patient of many years now
Dr Ulseth IS a very good doctor, IF you are going for the right reason, and that is to improve your quality of life and not to get a ton of pills thrown at you like so many other doctors do these days, He knows pain himself and understands more than most doctors. His staff has been there a long time now and they are very kind people that want the best for you as well. I highly recommend him as long as you go there with an open mind and let HIM be the doctor. I can't thank him enough for how he has changed the quality of my life, by reducing my pain level to a much more tolerable state. To me he is an excellent doctor that cares about all of his patients is funny , kind , yet stern when you need a good talking to . I would love to say thank you to Dr. Ulseth as well as ALL of his staff, he is a great man and is very smart too. Not your typical doctor , just throwing pills at you and sending you out the door. HE CARES .

November 9th, 2016
Abuses the very drugs he prescribes to the patients!
My insurance company informed him he can no longer smoke the Ecig at the office. When your talking to him he is hitting it every breath with the green light blinking nonstop. On more than one occasion he wore sunglasses inside. When was the last time you saw anyone wearing dark sunglasses inside that wasn't on drugs. Very rude. Brash. Abrasive. Unprofessional.Likes to play psychiatrist, which is NOT HIS FIELD. You don't have a choice in your therapy. You do what he tells you to do or you get discharged from the practice. He's right; you're wrong. He's arrogant. Obstinate. Thinks he's God. Enjoys hurting people's feelings and making them cry or getting them upset. Constant power kick. He wants to dominate YOU and you SUBMIT to his EVERY WHIM. He should not be practicing medicine. This man needs drug test monitoring with blood tests not urine or hair both those can be fixed by outside means. You can tell what kind of visit you will have by the demeanor of the staff. And for those of you who he attempts to dominate google Dr Ulseth arrest record! His arrest would not normally matter but it's his abuse in his home that shows up at work!

November 7th, 2016
Thank you Dr. Ulseth
I want to thank you for giving me husband the ability to grin and bear it.He had a total knee replacement,another knee surgery before that,fell off a roof broke his neck while owing his own HVAC/ r company,two trashed shoulders,three Baker's cysts,carpelle tunell.He realizing he will never again wake up without being in pain.Youve truly helped to embrace the pain.My husband will always be in pain....but that does not define who he is.Thank you for listening to him...and making him feel human again.

October 12th, 2016
Good man , he cares and he is not some pill mill that just hands out pills to anyone that comes in his office, he is a very good doctor,
I have had him as my doctor for years now, he has always taken such great care of me and he always will , He doesn't sugar coat things so you just hear what you want to hear, he tells you the real truth of what he thinks and makes a plan for each of his patients , he helped me lose over one hundred pounds in a year , HE DID THAT NOT ME, He gave it to me like it was, I was eating so much as well as being on steroids and got very fat, large enough to where I was hanging off the sides of my wheelchair I barely fit in it. If you do what he says to do, you will be doing so much better, at least living a bit happier and less pain , I know make calendars for people to sell and I owe that to him because of how hard he pushed me to lose the weight. I would most likely not be alive if I would have not seen him. I was on deaths door when i started seeing him. I thank GOD that he is my doctor and actually cares about his patients . He is always there for you when you need to talk to him he will call you back if you are having any issues and so far he has always worked them out no matter what. He is a great doctor. I would not be taking photos if not for him. I finally feel like my own person now unlike when I first started to see him, I was very dependant on others for everything. Now I am trying my best to do it on my own. THank you Dr. Ulseth thank you for caring about me and getting me to lose all that fat off me.

September 20th, 2016
Better doctors to choose from!
At first, I felt like I had found a great doctor. I had heard on many occasions him yell at other patients. I found him to be VERY moody! Happy one minute, and then short tempered, and cutting off your sentences the next. He has no people skills! When you ask questions, you are cut off, and demeaned. He is very arrogant and rude, and does so with the door open where everyone can hear his voice loudly. Having chronic pain is bad enough, but no one should ever speak to ANYONE the way he does!!!!

July 21st, 2016
Concerned
This guy is the WORST of the worst. Don't say that you haven't been warned.

June 24th, 2016
Kind Man
I was frightened because I'd heard nothing but horror stories about pain clinics. And that has to be a hard job for a doctor, knowing when to give pain meds - or having to pull someone OFF pain meds. I was treated by a kind man who had a moment to kick back and just talk.