Dr. Robert Unkefer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Unkefer?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

May 24th, 2017

Friendly and compassionate office! Highly recommend.

May 24th, 2017

Dr Unkefers nurses are the most professional and caring in tow .I highly recommend for this office for treatment skin cancer!!!

May 10th, 2017

I loved the whole experience from the check in to the office visit!!! Love the staff

July 8th, 2016

The complete staff was very caring and professional. I felt that I was in very good hands when my surgery was done. The nurses were very good with instructions on taking care of my skin after surgery. I would recommend this team to anyone that may need skin care.

May 13th, 2016

Disappointed

After being treated by Dr Unkefer I developed a horrible rash on my face and chest. When calling his office I was refused appts and told by a tech it was normal for the retin-A he rx'd me. They had not even laid eyes on me. I had to go to a walk-in clinic for treatment and finally follow up w Dr Unkefer. I dealt w this horrible rash for over 8 months. I was afraid to leave my home, even feeling suicidal from lack of hope. I was very uncomfortable and felt hideous w hundreds of red bumps all over my face. After my 1st appt at the Skin Wellness Center in Knoxville the did scrapings and viewed by microscope and I was diagnosed w an overgrowth of Demadex mites. I was given the proper medication and topical treatment and less than 1 month later was 100% cured! Very sad how easy it was to diagnose and treat after dealing w it for over 8 months and being told by Dr Unkefer it was just my body and there was nothing he could do. I hope he learns from my misery.

April 6th, 2016

His nurses are right down rude! He is in and out and doesn't give you the time needed!

March 7th, 2016

RN

I was sold retin-a for oily skin/ large pores and seldom break outs. I had a horrible reaction and the girl that answers calls (not a nurse) told me I did not need an appt multiple times and that the dr just wanted me to keep using the retin-a and hydrocortisone cream. It just got worse and worse, painful burning and itchy, hundreds of bumps all over my face. I had to go to a walkin clinic as his office kept telling me I didn't need an appt. NP said I had to see him so I called and demanded appt. Finally was given an appt. After months of suffering unnecessarily I complained and cried when seen and was told maybe I should just find another dr... Still suffering and can't get rid of the rash his retin-a caused me. Steroids help briefly then rash returns when I finish them. Long wait time.

November 11th, 2015

Find a doctor who actually cares - this one doesn't

Don't waste your time unless you have skin cancer. He diagnosed me with a skin condition, suggested I try a medication I wanted to research and then had his nurse call me to tell me he is no longer practicing "general dermatology", only treating skin cancer. In the meantime, I'm left with fingernails that are damaged and no doctor. He didn't even give me the courtesy of a 30 day warning. Just told me to find someone else to help me. I waited 9 weeks to see him after being told how great he is. My follow up appoinTrent was cancelled so he could go on vacation. His staff lies and gives the run around. He doesn't seem to care about patients. Unless your condition means he will make more money to pay for his billboards, you aren't important to him. Save yourself the frustration and go to any other dermatologist in the area.

June 7th, 2015

Dr Unkefer did not complete the treatment that I requested. He did acknowledge that I required the treatment. I felt that he was "working the system" to get me for two appointments when the entire treatment could have been completed in one appointment.

May 10th, 2015

Disappointed

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Unkefer's for several years. He always seems to be indifferent. Not so much to me the patient, but his general attitude. It appears he would rather be somewhere else. In the past I usually saw one of the wonderful physician assistants, but lately they too seem to be lacking. It is more difficult to get an appointment these days.

April 23rd, 2015

He refused to sign a prior authorization form for my insurance company. I was told by staff it was too time consuming and that I needed to find another physician if I wanted my medication

April 2nd, 2015

Wait time 1.5 hours. Time spent with Dr Unkefer 5 minutes. His bedside manners have gotten worse. Told me its up to my friends & family to do skin checks on me as i have history of Melanoma! Won't be back!