Urologist, Oncological Surgeon, Transplant Surgeon
50 Township Line Rd
2nd Floor
Elkins Park, PA 19027
215-663-6067
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bladder Cancer  |  show details
by J. Johnston on Jun 30th, 2014

Dr. Uzzo, his professional staff, surgical team and the nurses and technicians at Fox Chase Cancer Center provided excellent care treating me for muscle invasive bladder cancer. It’s not easy learning that you have bladder cancer that requires major surgery but Dr. Uzzo took the time to explain what the disease was doing to my body and the various surgical options available for treatment. I was a candidate for complete removal of the bladder and replacing it with an orthotopic neo-bladder reconstruction. I decided on that option. Dr. Uzzo explained all risks associated with this major surgery and described possible hurdles I may encounter in recovery. The doctor also put me in touch with a former patient who had the procedure and who could answer any questions I had. This was helpful knowing what was to come and reassuring that getting rid of that cancer is the main thing and recovery from the operation is well worth the surgery. I may well be the poster boy for everything that goes right with this procedure but that’s all due to the outstanding surgical knowledge and expertise of Dr. Uzzo and his team. All I did was follow their instructions. Recovery has been just as the doctor described and without any real hurdles. Knowing what to expect is very helpful but more importantly receiving top quality care from Dr. Uzzo, his professional team and the expert nursing staff at Fox Chase makes all the difference. If asked where to go for urological cancer treatment I highly recommend Dr. Uzzo and the team at Fox Chase Cancer Center. They certainly got great results with me and I will be forever thankful. – J. Johnston

|  Dr. Uzzo is the BEST  |  show details
by R Snyder on Feb 21st, 2014

There just aren’t enough words to say how much I appreciate all the kindness and support I experienced at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Dr. Uzzo and his team! It's unbelievable how nice and caring everyone is. I live 2 ½ hours away, and the drive is worth it. I couldn’t have been in better hands. Dr. Uzzo is MAGNIFICENT; he’s confident but not arrogant, he truly knows what he is doing. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and caring. A man of such intelligence and nationally recognized is KIND and down to earth. He truly cares about his patients; you don’t feel like a piece of beef going through the cattle shoot. He really listens and cares. When friends asked if I was nervous about the surgery, no I’m in the best hands Dr. Uzzo’s hands. Dr. Uzzo and his team are the best! The doctors and nurses at Fox Chase are wonderful Thanks Dr. Uzzo This is definitely the place to go.

|  One of the finest doctors I've ever met!  |  show details
by Sal C. on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dr. Robert Uzzo is truly a lifesaver. When I came to Fox Chase with kidney cancer, I was very frightened. After my meeting with Dr. Uzzo, I relaxed because he truly put me at ease. Not only is he a brilliant doctor, but he is a kind and compassionate person. I knew before going into surgery that I was in extremely capable hands. Dr. Uzzo also came highly recommended by a Princeton oncologist who is well respected, which also attests to his reputation and skill. I think the one thing that really made the difference upon first meeting him was when he said, "We are going to do everything we can to save your kidney." My wife and I knew at that moment that choosing Fox Chase and Dr. Uzzo and his team was going to be a lifesaving decision.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
by Jeffrey Filko on Mar 29th, 2013

When my kidney cancer came back, I wanted another opinion. I was referred to Dr. Robert Uzzo at Fox-Chase. I could not have been in better hands. My operation was complex due to previous treatments, but Dr. Uzzo was able to save most of my kidney, removing the tumor and surrounding scar tissues. The Fox-Chase hospital facility is very nice and almost every single staff person we met was beyond friendly and helpful, seeking out contact with us. If we stood still for too long anywhere, someone approached us and asked if we needed help, or directions. It's like Disney runs the place! The food is so-so, run by Sodexho, and tastes institutional, and not the good kind of institutional. It was nice though that there were no set meal periods, I could pick up the phone from 7 am to 6 pm and order anything I was permitted to on my special menu. But the rest of the facility is top notch. Nurses are compassionate, and genuinely cared about my recovery ,and my family while they were visiting. Not fun to be in the hospital for 5 days, but my pain and comfort were managed as well as could be expected.

|  Excellent diagnostician and surgeon!  |  show details
by Pete R on Mar 21st, 2013

After being diagnosed with a kidney tumor, I was referred to Dr. Uzzo at Fox Chase. He is absolutely the best. His diagnosis and explanations were comprehensive -- he answered all our questions before we even asked them. The robotic surgery went even better than I expected -- with a short recovery and minimal pain. He only needed to remove 10% of my kidney, and was able to get all of the tumor. He is well published, has a caring manner, explains everything clearly --- He is an outstanding physician!

|  great doctor  |  show details
by arnold on Mar 1st, 2013

I had gone to another urologist at a large hospital in phila who told me that only way to handle my renal cell stage one was surgery and a long recovery time, scheduled operation, went to Dr uzzo for 2nd opinion and be debunked prior dr, Did robotic surgery, just took out mass, left 85% of kidney and back on my feet in 2 weeks, Follow this advice, go to Dr Uzzo, just don't trust what another Dr says, He will Lead you on right path

|  Great Cancer Doctor  |  show details
by John R on Jan 23rd, 2013

In the Fall of 2007 I was Diagnosed with Cancer on both Kidneys. My name is John and I am a Cancer Survivor thanks to Dr. Uzzo, his team and the Fox Chase Cancer Center. It is now January 2013 and I am Cancer-free. When I first heard the news, it was like being struck with a thunderbolt. I expected that I would be gone in a few months. Well it is going on six years, thanks to Dr. Uzzo. I cannot say enough good things about this great Man/Doctor and all of his God-given talents. I consider myself a very, very lucky man to have been guided to Dr. Uzzo.

Jan 17th, 2012

Extremely competent.Explains diagnosis thoroughly.Excellent bedside manner.Cares about his patients.In my case, he removed a kidney tumorand spared the kidney.

|  Not a fan of doctor reviews - data should speak for itself  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2011

I am not a fan of doctor reviews. It is not a popularity contest and sometimes stuffy doctors can give you outstanding care while personable doctors can botch things up. The data should speak for itself, but we aren't there yet.However, Dr. Uzzo is fantastic. What matters most is this man's expertise and it is nearly peerless. He is a leading expert on kidney cancer and organ sparing surgery. He can explain the guidelines and research better than any other urological oncologist, because he wrote most of it! His colleagues are fantastic as well. If you have a diagnosis of kidney cancer, please get an appointment at FCCC.

Mar 19th, 2011

Dr Uzzo is terrific. He explained everything to me, spent as much time with me and my family as we needed and gave us 110% all the time. His staff and the hospital were great. I never felt like a number but rather that my well being was their many concern. He is reputably one of the best in the country in his specialty.

by A grateful patient on Apr 17th, 2009

Dr. Uzzo is one of the best kidney surgeons in the country. He is a leading authority on kidney sparing surgery for cancer and (I am told and learned from my research) has one of the biggest experiences in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.....he is also extremely kind and takes great care of patients. I noticed on pubmed.com that he also publishes a LOT about kidney and other urinary tumors.

|  Dr. Uzzo Saved my Life!  |  show details
by -Greatful Kindey Cancer Survivor on Apr 17th, 2009

Dr. Uzzo is amazing. Other doctors wanted to remove both of my kidneys and put me on dialysis. He was able to only remove a part of each kidney. I have now been cancer free for over 3 years. Fox Chase and Dr. Uzzo are the best!