Dr. Robert Uzzo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Uzzo?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2017

knows his business

he explains everything in detail ....he is great

December 4th, 2015

I went to see Dr. Uzzo for a second opinion, when he walk into the office I new I would be in good hands. He sat with me and explained everything in detail so that I could understand. We scheduled surgery within two weeks. Everyone on Dr. Uzzo staff was unbelievable and available for any concerns in moments. My surgery was a success, thanks to the care and knowledge of Dr. Uzzo and his Team.

September 14th, 2015

Difficult tumor removed

When my local Urologist discovered a mass in my kidney in a extremely difficult location for removal, He referred me to Fox Chase Cancer center. At Fox Chase Dr. Robert Uzzo was able to remove the mass and save 90% of my kidney. Not only is Dr. Uzzo a highly skilled surgeon, he also listened to any and all of our concerns and gave us the reassurance that we were in the best hands having chosen Fox Chase. Only a week and a half after surgery my wife and I enjoyed a lovely day at "Longwood Gardens". Thank You again Dr Uzzo and your team at Fox Chase for giving me excellent care and guidance through a very difficult time.

August 13th, 2015

Dr Uzzo is fantastic. He saved my life.

July 31st, 2015

Cancer Free!

My Fox Chase Experience I was diagnosed with bladder cancer several years back. I was 48 years old. I went through 2 rounds of BCG treatments with my urologist at that time, outside of Foxchase. They seemed to think that this removed the cancer, but each time I went for checkups, they noted that the bladder still looked a little red. Finally, my urologist recommended a visit with a more experienced urologist, who recommended removing my bladder, which is quite a serious surgical procedure, with a very long recovery time. The thought of going through this life-changing surgery was very upsetting news. But then, as I was sharing my story with different people, one name kept coming up time and time again ... Dr. Uzzo, from Foxchase. It seemed that everyone I spoke with ... friends, neighbor, coworkers ... had a loved one that had a positive experience with Dr. Uzzo. They were all saying that I had to see him to get a second opinion. My partner and I made an appointment and went in to see him. What a difference this was compared to my prior experience with the urologist at the first hospital. After sitting with Dr. Uzzo for a few minutes, our nervousness began to subside. He really took his time to review all of the options with us, keeping my “quality of life” in the forefront of the conversation. He went over all of the treatment options, as well as the different surgical ones, complete with drawing diagrams for us to help us understand some of the procedures better. When he recommended that we try some other forms of treatments instead of jumping right into surgery, my heart leapt. I looked at my partner, who had a tear in his eye, as this was the first time that options other than bladder removal were being suggested at this stage. Dr. Uzzo took all the factors into consideration, including my young age and also that the cancer was in an early stage. We agreed to go through a series of different types of treatments at Foxchase, with Dr. Uzzo’s recommendation. His head nurse, Sue Burke, and I became quite familiar with each other as the treatments leave you no other option. The treatments can be a bit unpleasant to say the least but I could not have asked for a nicer, more caring nurse than Sue. She is a gem! She made me feel so relaxed and comfortable, like I was just hanging out with an old friend, and I cannot thank her enough. As a matter of fact all of the staff at Foxchase are wonderful ... caring, friendly ... really a great group. I would be remiss if I did not mention the help we got with all of the paperwork and correspondence. There were a lot of phone calls and emails back and forth between insurance companies and different doctors to get records transferred and procedures approved. Dr. Uzzo and Sue were on top of it all, contacting several different sources to get all of this accomplished. They also would respond to me outside of their normal working hours, when I had questions about different things. Never did I have to wait to hear back from them, which is very rare indeed. I have now completed my treatments and two years of maintenance treatments. Dr. Uzzo did final tests and biopsies and I could not be happier to report that I am now cancer free! Dr. Uzzo is an extraordinary doctor but more importantly, a great and caring man. He and his staff really made me feel that they care and I cannot say strongly enough how lucky I feel, having the support of the Foxchase team behind me at this difficult time. Go Foxchase!

April 21st, 2015

Excellent and caring Doctor

Dr. Uzzo is the best urologist in the Philadelphia area. He is a very kind person with an excellent bedside manner. I came to see him seeking a second opinion and ended having him do my surgery because I was convinced that he was the best doctor to perform my surgery. He ran additional tests to help him come up with a precise diagnosis for me and everything was accurate. The surgery went very well and I was able to come out of the hospital in a shorter time than what the other doctor suggested. I feel like he was an answer to my prayers and I feel blessed. He has received excellent education and training at the top medical institutions in the US including NY Cornell medical School, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and the Cleveland Clinic, the #1 hospital in the nation which is shown by the excellent care he provided to me.

March 20th, 2015

Grateful wife of a recent kidney cancer patient

Dr. Uzzo is the gold standard: knowledgeable, skilled, comforting, direct yet gentle.

March 15th, 2015

Why can't ever doc be like him and every hospital meet the standards of fox chase? You couldn't be in better hands - especially during a stressful time.

February 11th, 2015

HE SAID HIS JOB WAS TO CURE ME, AND HE DID. THERE CAN BE SOME COMPLICATIONS,THE PERCENTAGE IS VERY LOW. WELL MY LUCK I HAPPEN TO HAVE SOME. COMPARE WHAT COULD'VE, I'L TAKE IT. HE N HIS STAFF SHOULD RUN THE COUNTRY

October 29th, 2014

partial nefrectomy

I had been in the hospital a few times over the past four years. By far this was the best experience I've had. The nurses and doctors were so attentive and so caring! Dr. Uzzo did a fantastic job with my surgery. He did it robotically, laparoscopically! I was told by another doctor at another facility that I probably couldn't get this surgery done laparoscopically since I had another laparoscopic surgery in my abdomen three years ago. Dr. Uzzo was confident and assured me that he could do it with no problem. He was able to remove the growth and a small part of my kidney. The surgery went well and I only spent a few days in the hospital. Recovery went well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Uzzo and Fox Chase for this kind of surgery.

October 21st, 2014

This is the doctor every patient wants!

I went to see Dr. Uzzo for a second opinion regarding my diagnosis of kidney cancer. Basically, he told me the same things the first doctor did, but he also asked me if I had any questions and also asked the person who came with me if she had any questions, which I thought was very thoughtful. He told m how many of these surgeries he had done. He also told me of a website I could use to find any information I might want to know about the cancer, the surgery, the hospital, or him. Because of his openness, I chose him at Fox Chase Cancer Center. After the surgery, he explained the whole procedure in detail to my anxious daughter. When he came to see me, he didn't speak to me like the other doctors did---with one foot in my room and the other foot in the hall. He came into my room and sat on my bed and held my hand and told me how the surgery went and what the prognosis was, but all this was done AFTER he asked me how I was feeling and if I had any pain. He had to go to Ireland while I was still in the hospital but a few days after I got home, he got the pathology results and called me from Ireland to give me the good news that the tumor was not malignant. I had a rare benign kidney tumor. The following week I saw him for my post-op visit and he couldn't have been kinder to me or my husband. I highly recommend Dr. Uzzo to anyone who needs urologic surgery.

February 22nd, 2014

Dr. Uzzo is the BEST

There just aren’t enough words to say how much I appreciate all the kindness and support I experienced at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Dr. Uzzo and his team! It's unbelievable how nice and caring everyone is. I live 2 ½ hours away, and the drive is worth it. I couldn’t have been in better hands. Dr. Uzzo is MAGNIFICENT; he’s confident but not arrogant, he truly knows what he is doing. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and caring. A man of such intelligence and nationally recognized is KIND and down to earth. He truly cares about his patients; you don’t feel like a piece of beef going through the cattle shoot. He really listens and cares. When friends asked if I was nervous about the surgery, no I’m in the best hands Dr. Uzzo’s hands. Dr. Uzzo and his team are the best! The doctors and nurses at Fox Chase are wonderful Thanks Dr. Uzzo This is definitely the place to go.