Dr. Robert Valente MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

December 11th, 2015
I just saw Dr Valente today and found him to be very direct and thorough. I felt like he cared about me and he gave me some good ideas that should help me. I really appreciate his no nonsense approach and actually enjoyed his humor.

December 4th, 2015
Not A Doctor I Would Recommend.
Dr. Valente may tout his experience at the Mayo Clini in Rochester, MN, but I have seen doctors there, and Dr. Valente doesn't fit the caliber of doctors at the Mayo. The first hour of the appt is spent getting bloodwork and Radiology done-then your actual appt is an hour later. I felt Dr. Valente didn't listen, dismissed my symptoms, and basically told me that everything was all in my head. When I asked him a question, he gave me short, curt, pat answers. This isn't good enough for patients. I had no confidence in his diagnosis and came away with the impression that he has been doing this so long, he makes certain variations in the symptoms of each patient, but overall it is the same thing to him. I would not recommend him to any one I know.

December 3rd, 2015
Unbelievable
Went to this man because of high white count and inflammation rate along with pain. He walked in and ask how long I have had this issue, I told him about 15 yrs and he said well it can't be to bad you're not dead. He then told me my smoking was causing my sypmtoms. I have arthritis in my back and hip that was causing a lot of pain along with fybro, he told me arthritis doesn't cause pain, weak muscle do and that I needed to exercise more without even asking if I have an exercise regiment. I explained what the other doctors had explained to me and he said they "were blowing smoke up my behind." Very unprofessional. He dismissed everything I said. Good luck to any poor soul that has the unpleasant occasion to have to see him.

June 3rd, 2015
Absolute NIGHTMARE
I am very disappointed that I spent my time and money to see Dr. Valente. I have heard bad things about him before my appointment, but the other office in Lincoln had such a long wait time, I thought I would at least get started with Dr. Valente. I would have been better off waiting for the other Rheumatologists office. It was a complete waste of my time and I left with absolutely NO answers. He belittled me and snapped at my child within the first two minutes of him entering the room. He was upset that he could hear my son's game on the ipad (which was turned down VERY low...also remember we had already been there for going on 2 hours at this point before seeing the doctor, my son (who is only 6) deserved a KUDOS for being so patient and well behaved, not to be scolded). Dr. Valente could give me no reassuring answers on why I was having pain. He continued to exam my right knee joint, which had been the most painful. Upon ultrasound he discovered there was fluid on the joint. He proceeded to tell me he was going to aspirate the fluid. He not ONE time explained to me how it was going to work, what I could expect, etc. He called the nurse in and she got things ready and one two three BAM he was jamming a needle into my leg without any prior explanation on what was going to happen. I cried uncontrollably, given the fact that it was not numbed what so ever and he continued to jam it into my joint despite my sobs. Needless to say, after all of the trauma to my knee and the unbelievable pain, he was UNABLE to aspirate any fluid and finally gave up. Meanwhile, my poor son ended up walking over to the chair I was at and placed a hand on my leg and tried to comfort me (he was scared as well, as he had tears in his eyes). Once he was finished, he threw a bandaid on my knee and walked back over to his chair and got onto the computer to start working on his summary. He looked back at me and said "when you pull yourself together a little bit why don't you come over here and join me". As I tried to stop crying, the nurse handed me a Kleenex and tried to comfort me for a brief minute. I sat with him afterwards, and he offered me yet again no explanation for my pain except the fact that he didn't "think" I had Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus. He also didn't give me any explanation for why I had fluid buildup on my joint. No referrals were made to an ortho doctor for my knee issue, no follow up appointment was suggested with my primary care provider and he suggested I follow up with him again if I "continue to have swollen and painful joints"... which mind you is the reason I came in the first place because I deal with it DAILY. I went home and dealt with EXTREME pain in my knee to the point of almost not being able to bend it. He sent me with no aftercare information or what to expect information. I had no idea what was normal after that procedure and if there were things that I should be worried about or reasons to follow up with my provider (like increased pain unrelieved by NSAIDS and Tylenol). Absolutely no direction. I couldn't be more disgusted with a health care provider in my life. And that says a lot given the fact that I am a Registered Nurse and have worked with several providers who are less than friendly. Dr. Valente was the worst in my opinion and I wouldn't see him again ever. I would drive to Kansas City every other week if necessary if it meant I didn't have to see him. Not to mention, I'm sure the bill will be outstanding for this visit, where I ultimately found NO answers or relief and his main concern was the fact that I needed to stop smoking. Thanks Dr. Valente for a huge let down.

March 21st, 2014
I really like Dr. Valente. I was in a great deal of pain, he took me to a relatively pain free condition in a short amount of time, and I have remained in this state for several years. His manner is courteous, professional and he deals with me and my support person in a friendly manner and with humor. All of the staff in the clinic are wonderful. Our waits are very short.

February 17th, 2014
Sjgrens Syndrome
I found Dr. Valente and his entire staff, very friendly, explained what they were doing and going to do extremely well. Everyone from the front desk to the lab to EXray to his nurse and Dr. Valente himself. And trust I have seen many doctors. He spent quite a bit of time with me, checking for the disease plus checking for arthritis. And showed me a exercise that I need to be doing, which has been very helpful. I would highly recommend him and the staff at the Arthritis Center.

July 19th, 2013
Arthritis Center is Top Notch
The facility is very nice and the people seem to really care. Arthritis is a tough thing to treat. I think Dr Valente is knowledgeable and caring. I know it takes time to feel better, but it's worth the time and effort put into it. The doctor-patient relationship is two way. The more I can give, the more the doctor can give.

June 10th, 2013
Comments
I have found Dr. Valente to be very easy to talk to. He is always very concerned about my condition and works with me to help keep my arthritis under control.

May 7th, 2013
Thank God I was sent to this doctor!
I have a disease called sarcoidosis, It takes most patients with this condition years of seeing various doctors before finally getting a correct diagnosis. My first visit with Dr. Valente, He spent more time with me than any other doctor I have ever encountered, and he was extremely thorough, He ruled out the usual suspect of sarcoid (Lymphoma) and was able to discover the sarcoid, because he is very educated and the best at what he does! He was straight with me and told me I needed to do some research and learn about my condition, that is what I did, and I am so Thankful for this doctor! I can no longer afford to see him do to no insurance but I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a good specialist!

March 7th, 2013
rheumatoid arthritis
I'm 29 years old and have rheumatoid arthritis and have been seeing this doctor for 7 months. I will not go back. It has been a waste of my time and money for me to see him and don't feel any better. I will be seeking a second opinion. I do not recommend this doctor.

July 19th, 2012
Not so much
I would say that my overall experience was not good.

May 8th, 2012
Will not use this doctor again - waste of time