3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Apr 5th, 2015

This has been my favorite Psychiatrist I've had over many years and there has been a lot. I hope he re opens an office in the future, my new psychiatrist and me do not agree on much and my health has suffered.

by Nelson on Mar 10th, 2015

Great doctor can not wait till he re-open his office. He has help me twice with depression and I really appreciate his services. Hard to find someone that you trust in this field.

Mar 7th, 2015

Very good physician. Attentive. Never rushed. Hence waiting time may be at length, only demonstrates he spends time with his clients. Dr. Vassal saved me from myself literally, when other physician seemed to pass me over and not care. Hate vassal practice is closed. Now back to being a nightmare I once was

Feb 11th, 2015

Amazing Doctor!

Excellent Doc! show details Excellent Doc!
by K.A.S. on Feb 20th, 2013

Excellent, Trustworthy, Wise, & Accommodating Doc! went in for Depression and needed documents for the government, he was very helpful and filled everything out accurately that was required ! Excellent Doc! I would recommend him to anyone !

Jun 25th, 2012

dr. Vassal has a unique manner. He is conservative with medications, which is a plus. His concern for patients goes beyond writing a script, it is more philosophical. He has a certain wisdom, and calm.

Mar 27th, 2012

This doc is a caring guy and knows his specialty but needs to have the office run better.

Not a good Doctor show details Not a good Doctor
by office77 at Citysearch on Jan 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I was taking my son to see Dr. Vassell because he would get upset when certain fabrics touched his skin, Dr. Vassall,on the first visit, said he had OCD and prescribed him Prozac. After a while of going to him and doing my own research, I thought that the best thing would be to take my son to an Occupational Therapist who worked with children with this issue tactile sensitivity after a year of OT therapy my son is doing great and is not on medicine. This is just a history and was not my main concern. I urge you to find a different Dr. Besides waiting up to an hour for a visit, I felt that he took some sort of substance himself. While in the waiting room, He would frequently come out of his office even when he was with a patient to dance around and sing to the music in a strange way as if in a night club. Sometimes It would be my turn ,after another patient ,and instead of taking us back, he would make us wait another 10-15 minutes while he finished another song and danced and his eyes were red and his speech slurred. I reported him to Tricare Military insurance. Also it is very hard to get your records from him when you need them, we are a military family and I asked for my records when my husband came back from Korea and we were moving and it took my husband`s first Sergeant to call him to get my son`s records. I am surprised that he still has a license and I will be inquiring about it with the board of medicine. This is not a place for anyone, but especially children.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com