Dr. Robert Bales Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Bales?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Robert Bales?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2016

Kind, knowledgeable, compassionate

Nice "bedside manner". Explains things well. Respectful. Good communication skills. Reasonable. Knowledgeable.-= ) If you can get an appointment!

December 20th, 2015

Excellent Dr...I'd recommend him to anyone... He really goes the extra mile to care for me and to get the proper diagnosis. My life has never been better....thanks to Dr.B and his AMAZING staff! He's very intelligent and down to Earth....I'm grateful for Dr.Bales care and compassion.

May 10th, 2012

drug dealer with a degree?

Id like to start by saying he is a nice guy. Like the previous have said he has a high opinion of himself but if I had gone to and graduated medical school I probably would to. But as far as diagnosing, and knowledgeability i noticed deficiencies. i went in with medium sized lump on the side of my chest just on the edge of my armpit. i am a fit and generally healthy 22 year old male, he first diagnosed it as a swollen lymphnode due to a rare infection received from cats, wrong so at that point he gives me ultram cause this lump was very painful also he orders blood tests and another appointment at which point he tells me the blood tests are to rule out certain types of cancer now im stressed out and on painkillers i mention i don't want the painkillers since my brother was addicted to oxycontin a couple years back dr. Bales then told me he was an addiction specialist and could prescribe my brother saboxone? Which is like a anti addiction medicine, then he told me ultram was different and not to worry about it so i tried them and did not like them a week later at my next appointment the doctor still had no idea what was wrong with me and when i told him i didn't like the medication he told me to keep taking it my body was just getting used to it ordered an ultrasound and sent me home another week and another appointment he finally found out that it was a cyst which how i understood it from what he said meant there was something in my body that shouldn't be there and my body formed a sack around it he said he would have to cut it out all in like three minutes cause his staff screwed up my scheduling and told me i had an appointment when i didn't so 4 days later he's about to cut into me to get it out he swore to me with the ultrasound as a road map he'd have it out or at least a piece of it so they could test it but he cuts into me and then he can't find it and sends me to general surgery to have them get it out before i leave i tell doctor bales that the painkillers are making me sick to my stomach still and now i would wake up dizzy in the morning he told me to eat more and keep taking them i them decided to no longer listen and discontinue taking the ultram i then went to my consult with the surgen the cyst had gotten considerably smaller and no longer hurt the surgeon said as if i should have known it from the start that everyone in the world has cysts that create beneficial oils for your skin and mine had clogged and that my body took care of it he asked me if i was still taking the ultram for i said no he asked why i was and i told him for the pain he then informed me that the ultram very likely slowed my bodies response to the cyst make it take longer to heal he told me i didn't need surgery and never did just time and antibiotcs not only did doctor bales completely miss the diagnosis he prolonged my suffering had me worried for two weeks that i might have cancer and in my opinion did everything he could to get me addicted to pain pills so he could put me on saboxone for life sorry doc not this guy, i do not recommend doctor bales unless your looking to start up an addiction to pain pills

May 21st, 2011

Carelessly Prescribed Medicine Caused Lifelong Problems

I was extremely ill with some sort of virus with swelling of glands in my neck. "Dr." Bales prescribed Naprosyn (looking back, not sure why he did not simply recommend over the counter Naprosyn). After I started taking this drug, I started to gain weight--13 pounds in a week even though I was eating and drinking very little. I went back to the clinic and lab tests were drawn. The next day, I received fluids via IV (a Friday) and was told that the next step would be the emergency room. I called their office Saturday morning and told them I would be going to the emergency room. At this point, I was having problems thinking clearly and gained even more weight. The emergency room staff was not notified that I was coming and I felt like an idiot stating that I did not know why I was there except that the clinic personnel (not "Dr." Bales) told me to go there. Once admitted, many, many tests were performed and I was notified Sunday morning that I had suffered acute renal failure (kidneys stopped working). More tests were done, including a sample of the kidneys sent to the Mayo Clinic, and no cause could be found pointing to Naprosyn as the culprit. Through aggressive medication, including prednisone, my kidneys resumed full function over time. However, as a result of that episode, I now have fibromyalgia (brought on by the shock to the system) which is a chronic condition and erythematous mucosa in the stomach which, fortunately, will be able to be treated. As an aside, this doctor noted my weight gain at yearly physicals, but it was the nurse practitioner who ordered a thyroid test finding that I needed synthroid. At that point, I had gone through early menopause, my hair was falling out, my skin was very dry, and I was having other problems due to low thyroid. This "doctor" has his own webpage www.doctorbales.com affirming the previous reviewer's observation regarding his view of himself. I NEVER received so much as an apology from this "doctor" nor from the head of faculty at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford. Note: It appears he has moved on to the Cleveland Clinic.

June 2nd, 2010

He appears nice but then is really condescending and seems to be in love with himself. He knows his stuff but I would NEVER go back to him.

August 25th, 2017