Dr. Robert Gilbert Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Gilbert Jr?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Robert Gilbert Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 19th, 2016

Patient

Dr G is the only neurologist I've ever seen. I have nothing to compare him to. I like him just fine. He really listens to you.

February 17th, 2016

Dr. Gilbert is the best

Dr. Gilbert is no-nonsense, it's true. But he's the best as a headache expert, and he's not abrasive, just straightforward. He likes to get through appointments as briefly as possible while answering patients' questions fully. In my reading, he does this to treat as many patients as possible, not to make it easy on himself. I highly recommend him. He helped me immensely with my migraines. Do, however, make sure the office staff give you a feedback questionnaire on second and subsequent visits about your response to treatment. They neglected to do that twice for me, and it was inconvenient. Otherwise, nothing to complain of about the office staff.

September 11th, 2015

Straight to the issue, just how I like it

I can see why people might find him to be a little too straightforward. I, however, loved it. He asked a lot of questions, even though it was fast, he listened to what I had to say. He concentrates, in a serious manner, so he can figure out what's wrong. Though he was puzzled by my random tension headaches, he made me feel at ease. He's scheduling an MRI just to make sure everything is good up there! I'd recommend him to anyone, just expect a doctor who isn't going to rub your back. Expect one who is seriously going to figure out what's wrong and give you the best course of action possible. Be honest with him!

June 14th, 2015

Horrible Dr.!

Does not answer questions. Doesn't care. Least compassionate and knowledgable physician I have ever met. $670 down the drain after ins with 2 appts and zero answers. He maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with me in 2 appts. Avoid this man!

May 12th, 2012

Professional

The staff at the scheduling desk are extremely courteous. He had glasses that looked exactly like my grand parents eye glasses from our home.... I sure this was just a mistake... lolActually or actuarial statisticaly by chance...

January 20th, 2012

Top Neurologist in Southeast

I have been to many neurologists trying to find a reasonable diagnosis and Dr. Gilbert hit it on the head. I have felt significantly better since. He can be a bit quick but he is without a doubt the leader in his field. His knowledge is unsurpassed. If you want the best, this is your doctor.

July 8th, 2011

Nothing bad, nothing great...

I only saw Dr. Gilbert 2 times as I have now moved out of state. However, based upon my initial visits with him, I was already looking for another neurologist. He seemed rather annoyed with me during our initial visit (I actually had a migraine begin during our first office visit and instead of using that as an opportunity to diagnose, he seemed frustrated and bothered that I was wasting his time!). My migraines are not at all the "typical" kind in any respect, possibly some type of seizure, so he wrote a prescription for pain medication, switched one of my meds to a different one and recommeded that if those don't work, I might need to talk to someone else in the practice (specializing in seizures). That was just the first visit...On the second visit, he suggested another pain medicine and that we try Botox as a preventative and said he would have his nurse schedule a time for the Botox shots (even though I wasn't comfortable with that as an option). We didn't have time to really discuss it before he left for his next appt.

March 17th, 2011

Dr Gilbert is supposedly one of the best in his field for migraine headaches (in Altanta), but he spent very little time educating my teenage daughter about things she should do to figure out what causes the headaches, possible triggers to look for, or generally listening to her about the nature of her headaches. I have been a migraine sufferer for years, and he pretty much pushed any comments I had aside as unimportant and irrelevant. we left with a prescription for a strong medication which my daughter didn't tolerate well, but no options but this medication. I was so unimpressed with the first couple of visits that we haven't been back.

December 9th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Gilbert for 5 years. I came to him at a very low point in my migraines. He wasted no time in getting me the help I needed and I was much better within months. Barbara, his headache nurse was a jewel and I miss her terribly!!! His medical assistant could use a good dose of customer service! Over all I am 1000% better because of Dr. Gilbert. He gave me my life back. Is he perfect? No....but I can't complain. He has helped me tremendously!

October 20th, 2010

I do not have much positive to say about Dr. Gilbert. He always seems to be in a hurry. Even walking out in the middle of a sentence. My medications have all had major issues - maybe because he didn't hear my issues. The last straw has been when I have have had very severe issues coming of a mediciation - that I should never have been on. Lack of care or concern is alarming. I strongly advise anyone to find another doctor.

August 11th, 2009

I was a patient of Dr Gilbert for 8 years. Initially I saw him for a second opinion and then switched to him as my primary neurologist. I would have satisfactory and unsatisfactory visits with him - one visit would be good the next bad. His care was inconsistent. His office would call and reschedule appointments at the last minute, but they wouldn't have an opening for weeks when they rescheduled. His overall quality of care and thoroughness waned over the last several years. The nursing staff and assistants changed and were not friendly. Calling into the office with a medication problem or insurance authorization was always problematic. He's polished and well-educated, but gets frustrated when patients don't fit into the standard or typical pattern of diagnosis. If you need a good diagnostician, look elsewhere. I left his practice after 8 years.

May 27th, 2008

Knowledgable Doctor & Nurse

Most professional medical office I have ever been in. From the front desk to the Nurse. The nurse is absolutely wonderful. Dedicated, knowledgable and treats you like a person. I have been very impressed with this practice.