Robert Orr Is this you?

Have you seen Robert Orr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2016

An insider's View..

I was Dr. Orr's employee from 2007 -2013. I performed a variety of over 8000 diagnostic tests for him during this time: echoes, stress testing, carotids etc. I had 20 years exp upon hire, and still was impressed by his expertise and intuition. I referred my own father to Dr Orr when his cardiologist in LA misdiagnosed a pericardial effusion and overmedicated him. Dr. Orr immediately recognized this: my dad is a healthy 80 year old today. I stand for the hundreds of success story patients- from pacer/ICD implants to post-TAVR and robotic valve repair to CHF patients and congenital heart issues. Robert Orr is both proactive and personable.

January 31st, 2016

Dr. Orr rushed a lifetime decision on my daughter with only doing one test and scheduled her for surgery to put in a pacemaker. She was barely 20 and with further testing with other doctors she was fine and definitely didn't need a pacemaker. Its scary how wrong things could have gone. Always get a second opinion.

October 20th, 2014

Avoid Dr Robert Orr

Dr Orr was not the surgeon I had been seeing and wasn't supposed to do my surgery. But Dr Orr was substituted at the last minute. I had never met him until he walked into pre-op, yet he never bothered to introduce himself, even when I asked him to do so. He arrived 3 hours late with no explanation. He is dismissive with no concern for anyone but himself. He is rude to the patient, family and staff. He left after the surgery never to be seen again He left no order for pain medication. If it were possible to rate him at less than one star, I would do so.

December 2nd, 2013

BAD EXPERIENCE!

Firstly the staff at the Oceanside CA office is very good especially the NP. She takes the time to explain procedures and medications unlike Dr Orr who does not spend more than minutes with me. He is often not in the office and when he is he seems more concerned with things other than patient care! He never called me directly even after there were problems as a result of his "care". I had 3 procedures and all 3 resulted in life threatening complications do to Dr. Orr's lack of care! Thankfully he is not longer my doctor!

April 5th, 2013

A Horrible Person, Even a Worse Physician.

Unfortunately Dr. Orr happens to be more concerned with himself and his bad fake tan than his patients. He is never there, and I have been frequently rescheduled. When he is there, he spends 2 seconds with me before bolting out of the room. Honestly, I prefer to see his nurse practitioner more than any other physician/practitioner I have. She is immensely knowledgable, sincere, she explains things so I understand, and she takes the time to answer my questions. She is the only reason I continue to stay at his practice.

June 1st, 2012

Nurse Practitioner (NP) does all the work

Had 7 appointments, but only met the doctor twice. Met with NP for new heart medication and follow up visits 5 times. Ended up in ER due to medication causing huge blood loss.

January 31st, 2017