Dr. Robert Wehbie Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Wehbie?

May 4th, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Wehbie for consultation. I appreciated his explaining things to me in simple terms as well as showing respect and interest in me.

February 14th, 2011

Exceptional Physician

Dr. Wehbie is the most dedicated physician I have ever had to deal with. He cares about his patients and it shows each and every time you see him. When my husband died, he expressed his grief eloquently. When I got sick a few years later, he could not have been kinder. I knew I had a dr. who cared about me and my wellbeing. He is fabulous!

January 7th, 2011

Appearances are deceiving, poor performance is not

I visited Dr. Wehbie based on positive ratings online but am very dissappointed by the care I received. Wehbie is a board certified physician in both oncology and infectious disease. He also has a PhD. Initially I thought these credentials would strengthen his qualifications but now my impression is that his focus is too split up to be very good at infectious disease, the specialty I needed. I presented with a chief complaint of fatigue. After examining me and reviewing my records he said I had an idiopathic chronic fatigue like illness. He had no treatment suggestions, refused an off labal treatment which led me to figure out the likely true cause of my illness, left me disabled and then was slow to respond to my attorney's request for a critical disability documentation clarification. I called him several months later to see if he would rule out a rare infection that two other physicians though was probably the cause of my fatigue and received the response that I wasn't sick enough for him to bother treating with. His nurse demanded that I call a diagnostic lab to get the diagnosis criteria for the illness and then Wehbie refused to treat me without so much as a follow up visit to see how I was at the present time. He gave me his email for correspondence but then abruptly stopped responding. I ended up having to file a complaint against him with the NC Board of Medicine. I am very suspicious that this physician gets paid not to treat patients and so rations care unnecessarily, at least that was what he did to me. Avoid him.

February 27th, 2016