A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Welsh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Welsh is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Welsh, MD is board certified in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Welsh graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Welsh has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welsh accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 18 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Welsh practice?
Dr. Robert Welsh practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Royal Oak, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Troy, MI and Sterling Heights, MI.
See Royal Oak Surgeons.