Dr. Robert Welsh Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Robert Welsh?

Excellent Surgeon

Posted on October 15th, 2015

As an business analyst, I pride myself in my ability to do research. When I was found to have a suspicious spot on my lung during a lung cancer screening scan, I was told to meet with a Thoracic Surgeon. I lost my father to lung cancer so naturally I was terrified. I researched Thoracic Surgeons in the Metro Detroit area thoroughly, and I was impressed both with Dr Welsh's credentials as the Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Beaumont Hospital but his reputation by word of mouth. My internist is well-respected with many years of experience and recommended Dr Welsh as he had treated a family member of his. Upon meeting with Dr Welsh, I was immediately put at ease by his ability to empathize with me and by his knowledge base. He told me that he believed I needed to have the nodule removed. He told me exactly what surgery entailed, including possible risks. He even went over my chest scan with me in the office when I had questions. I learned that he was one of the first to use minimally invasive technique in Thoracic surgery in the state of Michigan. I decided to have Dr Welsh perform my surgery, which went very well. He was able to remove the spot on my lung with three small incisions, using a camera. During my hospital stay, I also received excellent care by the nurses who took care of me as well as Dr Welsh's partners who saw me also during my stay. I was in the hospital for three days and my family and friends remarked how I looked as though I had not just previously had lung surgery. It turns out that I do have an early stage of lung cancer, and it is curable. I feel that I received first-rate care and Dr Welsh personally saw me through the scariest time of my life. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Stay Away

Posted on January 24th, 2015

After my wedge biopsy, Dr. Welsh left margins positive for cancer.

Posted on May 5th, 2016