A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Wendel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Wendel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Wendel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Wendel graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Wendel has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center
- Doctors Hospital of Manteca
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wendel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert T. Wendel practice?
Dr. Robert Wendel practices Ophthalmology near Sacramento, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stockton, CA and Vacaville, CA.
See Sacramento Ophthalmologists.