Dr. Robert Wendel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2017
Brilliant
Dr Wendel is excellent top of the line care and the most knowledgeable in his field in Sacramento

March 18th, 2017
Dr. Wendel is highly qualified and was recommended by a doctor from Stanford. He is well known in his field. He takes whatever time is necessary to treat you and explain your condition and answer your questions. I would recommend him to all.

January 11th, 2017
Thanka to Dr. Wemdal for the past 8 years I have been going to him. He has maintained my wet Macular Degeneration hasn't gotten any worse. He also saved the other eye because of a Macular hole. Thought he was strange when I first met him, because he didn't shake hands, he is a elbow man, which I appreciate. Dr. W. remembers certain things about my condition and knows what to do to save my eyesight, I trust him.

January 3rd, 2017
One of the best
We love Dr. Wendel...he is very friendly and knows his field of medicine. He takes the time to walk his patients out to the front desk after treatment which shows his care for each person.

December 16th, 2016
Great doctor! Very compassionate and answered all questions I had. I would recommend him to all my family and friends. Excellent patient care.

October 26th, 2016
Long time Patient
I trust Dr. Wendel implicitly! He's knowledgeable, gentle, is willing to work with me, and has a wonderful dry sense of humor. I believe he does all he can to protect my eye sight.

June 28th, 2016
I became Dr. Wendell's patient upon referral of Dr. Anthony Ruddick, of Ridge Eye Care Center in Paradise, CA. I was treated for central retinal vein occlusion for approximately two years. The treatment mainly consisted of injections in the eye to reduce swelling and enable the body to expel coagulated blood. I took injections every five or six weeks. I fully expected to continue the injections, possibly for life. However, on my most recent appointment, my vision in the affected eye equalled the vision of the unaffected eye. Dr.Wendell concluded that because of the numbers attained, there would be no requirement for future injections unless marked negative changes of the vision occurs.

May 26th, 2016
Heartfelt thank you to Dr. Robert Wendel,, Dr. Margaret Chang, and their staff at Retinal Consultants Medical Group. Where would I be without you? And, thank you, Kimi, for your patience.

May 13th, 2016
Dr. Wendel saved my husbands eye. His retinal separation was very sudden but Dr. got him in quickly and got the job done. There was a slight set back but that also was quickly resolved. I would recommend Dr. Wendel to anyone.

April 28th, 2014
retina tear laser surgery patient
Terrible, terrible doctor. I'd never recommend this man to anybody. He refuses to answer patient's questions, and even mock about it. You'll never get comfortable for his decisions, because he never explains it! He looks down his patients and make jokes about patient's condition. Never met anyone like him before in anywhere! I thought my eyes got totally blind after his "laser" surgery.. the chairs were broken and clinking, and literally my left eye were totally blind after the surgery and still he wouldn't explain anything about it. eventually it got better, (I'm still recovering) but I'll never forget the terror I felt at the moment. He's total jerk. don't go to him.

December 23rd, 2011
An expertGreat reputation & lives up to it

November 21st, 2011
Obviously experts in the field. A doctors doctor.