Dr. Robert West Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert West?

May 13th, 2016

Dr. West is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered.

May 4th, 2014

good unless you are in a car wreck

Our family had been with the group that Dr. West is in for over 30 years seeing a wonderful doctor. About 3 years ago the practice lost several of it's doctors and we had to choose a new one in the group or leave the group. I chose Dr. West. Since my husband is a diabetic on a pump, he was told he had to see one of the other doctors. That doctor left the group last year and my husband then started seeing Dr. West. When my husband was in a car wreck this year and suffered several injuries I called to make a follow up appointment with Dr. West once my husband was released from the hospital ER. That is when we were told that their policy is to have you pay for any follow up visits out of pocket at the time of the visit. Up until then, they had always filed our insurance and since we have three insurances, we usually have no balance to pay. We have never been a patient that did not pay their bill on time if we had a balance. We offered to bring proof that our insurance was paying 100% of the bills associated with my husband's injuries from the wreck but that did not matter. We asked for a refill of a medication he was on prior to the wreck and they would not even approve that without seeing him. We ended up using other doctors we knew to have my husband's medical needs met because of this stupid policy! They have no problem filing your visit charges with your insurance if you come in for any other reason but they want their money up front if you happen to be in an accident. This was NOT going under a car insurance medical benefit. It was going under our normal health insurance. With three good medical plans, we do not carry medical coverage on our auto policy. Though Dr. West has provided good care in our exams, we will not be returning to this practice. When my loved one is seriously ill or hurt, I expect our doctor to be caring for them without the surprise of "you have to pay up front this time". If they can file for a visit that involves an exam, labs and x-rays any other time, they should be willing to file the claim after a car wreck. There is absolutely NO excuse to want payment up front when they don't require it for all visits. We even went to a previously (before car wreck) appointment and talked with Dr. West about this policy but it was like talking to a brick wall. So long as you are not in a car wreck, you probably won't have any problems with Dr. West but God help you if you are hurt in a wreck.

October 3rd, 2017