Overall Review

3.9

May 8th, 2016
NOT patient centered!
My regular doctor at this practice faxed in a med refill for me on Friday. For some reason the pharmacy didn't get it and I called the office about it on Sunday. Dr. Wheeler was there but refused to refax the prescription even though it was right in front of him and they had clear records that my doc had tried to send it earlier. His reason? "We don't do med refills on weekends." This was at 1:00 and they close at 3, so I asked if I could come in for an appointment and get the prescription that way. I was told no "Dr. Wheeler is leaving now." Clearly, he just wanted to duck out early on a Sunday afternoon. #1 - How arrogant! He's in the office but refuses to authorize a simple fax because it's the weekend. Maybe that's OK as a general policy, but this was obviously a mistake on either their end or the pharmacy, and an exception could have easily been made. #2 - One of the main reasons I chose this practice was for their weekend hours. If the docs on duty only show up for an hour or two, what is the point of being open? The nurse I spoke to was very nice and tried to get him to help, but told me he simply refused and there was nothing more she could do. Even though he is not my regular doctor, I feel this indicates Dr. Wheeler's lack of commitment to patient care and reflects badly on the practice in general.

August 9th, 2012
Great Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Wheeler for almost 24 years.I have always found him to be a genuinely caring doctor.He is very thorough and listens to your concerns.

March 3rd, 2011
Dr. Wheeler is very self centered and will only spend time talking to you at a appointment if you are listening to him talk about himself. You always have to have bloodwork, during every office visit whether you need it or not and he seems to be looking for things to add to your charges. Bad bedsite manner