Dr. Robert Whipple, MD
Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Concerned and Aware Parent  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2014

I have been more patient with this Doctor and his office than I should have. There are zero pros, well I guess location to work. I will start with appointments. This office refuses to schedule your next appointment at the end of visit. They want you to call back next month to make your appointment. Then when you call they are "booked up", and you are forced to take an appointment 2-3 weeks after when your child is due. The wait time in office is about 30 minutes. The staff has been all over the map, from incredibly rude to courteous, depends on the visit. For the most important part, everytime we go, we describe that our child spits up (vomits more accurate) way more than normal. We are educated and very concerned parents, we have researched and seeked advice from all outlets. The amount and frequency is not normal. Yet nothing has been done. The doctor is friendly, but seems like you are a number, and doesn't care to get to know your family. I have yet to get a followup reminder, call, check up, email, text, nothing. Child is 5 months now, and we are looking for a new ped. immediately.

Mar 7th, 2014

Horrible experience. Seemed unconcerned as if my child and I were wasting his time. I felt rushed with my questions. My child was very ill and he did not bother to do a strep test, flu test or any other testing. We left with no diagnosis other than it might be a stomach bug? Really? She was hardly complaining with her stomach. He was obviously in too big a hurry to slow down and listen. He came into the room in an extremely fast pace just shy of a jog and left with the same. He did not even bother to give her any prescriptions to treat her symptoms rather let her suffer. He did suggest that I could get some mucinex or other over the counter med's but that they probably wouldn't work. He even stated that there were no prescription cough medications that worked. My daughter has had prescription cough med's from other doctors that worked just fine. My child was complaining with some pain in her rib and chest when taking deep breaths and he stated that it could be caused by a stomach virus or maybe appendicitis but of course no tests were ordered, no x-rays were taken to rule out pneumonia. My husband and I spend the week worrying and my child was afraid to go to sleep that night fearful she would stop breathing. She asked me to watch her sleep that night and, of course, I did. His office never even bothered to call and see if she was alright. I will never take my child here again and I would strongly suggest to anyone considering this pediatrician to think again but this is just my opinion and personal experience.

by jschex on Jan 25th, 2013

When Newnan Pedicatrics let me down, didn't worry about my child, improper diagnosis and then didn't allow me to see another dr. in the office for a second opinion, I feel like that all that happened to bring me to Dr, Whipple who is amazing! I can't say enough about how wonderful he was to me and my daughter.

|  WONDERFUL !!  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

When Moving from another State and trying to find a doctor.. It's very Painful. So Happy Doctor Whipple opened his own office. He is VERY Good with our children who have special needs. I have referred a few friends as well and they really like him ! The Staff is ALWAYS nice.. they NEVER Seem put out to help you !

Dec 13th, 2010

Dr. Whipple has been our kids' Dr. since birth. He is very detailed and precise. He makes us feel comfortable and at ease. He is always prompt, attentive and does not rush us. He answers all the (many) questions we have had. He is an excellent Dr.

Aug 12th, 2010

Easily the best Pediatrician in Newnan and surrounding areas.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by A parent in Newnan, GA on May 13th, 2010

Our daughter is Chinese Adopted and Dr. Whipple has seemed very abreast of developmental issues she might have encountered. His manner with her has always been great. He is never rushed our hurried during our visits and his staff is always kind and caring.

|  WONDERFUL  |  show details
May 7th, 2010

Moving from out of state and finding a doctor for you children isn't easy... My child is adopted though the state system.. If anyone knows about adoption though any state in the USA. they know they provide these children with insurance... and finding a good doctor that takes that insurance is hard !! Dr wipple is Wonderful. Kind and very understanding.

|  Dr. Whipple and Nurse Claudia are wonderful!  |  show details
by nypeachpit on Dec 2nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

My daughter loved Dr. Whipple and Nurse Claudia from our first visit. SHe took to them from the start. They always answer our questions and fit us in during their busy times when the need warrants! All the doctors are good at Newnan Pediatrics. Dr. Whipple and Nurse Claudia though are our favorites! Sometimes the office staff isn't so great, but, if you can get past that, you will not be disappointed with the care you receive.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  wa not happy  |  show details
by harmony2007 on May 30th, 2007 on kudzu.com

This office will make you wait forever, not helpful to work you in, not a good choice.

|  Great with kids  |  show details
by christy0111 on Feb 25th, 2006 on kudzu.com

One of the most personable doctors I have taken my daughter to. She loves him! And he is very quick too....doen't make you wait forever! Nurses are excellent too :)