Dr. Robert Whisnant MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2014
Go Elsewhere!
I don't know where to begin. First of all, making an appointment is a head ache in itself. The call takers are quite rude. Before you can get a few sentences out, they quickly demand your name/DOB/social like a machine. The appointment is set a month out, or later. Dr. Whisnant conducted a physical examination and determined or diagnosed me with a particular condition. My time with him was under ten minutes. He did not even order blood test or an ultrasound which are automatic for my type of complaint/condition. He referred me to radiology for a procedure. After the two hour procedure the doctors inform me that I do not have the condition that Dr Whisnant diagnosed me with. I follow up with Dr. Whisnant on how this could be. His explanation, "I don't know what they saw. I don't know what to tell you." He clearly has no concern for patients and trying to solve a problem. He recommended that I go elsewhere since I am not satisfied. How could I be?? Doctors using high tech equipment and performing an invasive procedure on me tell me I do not have this condition which contradicts the finding he had after a 5 minute exam? He has no explanation or apology nor does he seem to care. Not only is he a bad doctor but he is a bad human being. Do yourself a favor and avoid this man.

October 11th, 2012
The staff is rude. On my follow up visit, the doctor first addressed my previous visit bill, inspite of no issues per se. My medical problem was dealt with unsatisfactorily.

February 2nd, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Whisnant is friendly and courteous to his patients. He has the knowledge and experience that I admire in a good doctor. He takes time to make sure all my questions are answered and that I understand his diagnosis and recommended treatments.

January 18th, 2012
very poor doctor/people person

February 1st, 2011
My Favorite Urologist
Dr. Whisnant is the kindest, friendliest, most caring Urologist I have ever had the opportunity to see. He always shakes my hand when he walks in the room, listens to me with full attention without interrupting, and shows genuine care for my well being. I recently had a month long struggle with a nasty kidney stone and he made sure to remove the stone properly through surgery and made sure I was comfortable the whole time. I've been seeing this doctor since my early twenties and I don't think I will ever switch. If you ever need to see a Urologist I highly recommend this one!

January 22nd, 2011
Dr. Whisnant is always professional but has a warm and caring bedside manner. He immediately puts you at ease and seems to genuinely care about the patient.

July 19th, 2017