Dr. Robert Whitfield Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Whitfield?

September 1st, 2015

braca +

I was referred to Dr Whitfield through my surgeon, very grateful! After first surgery, I developed problems and he didn't judge me. He has understood all my fears and tears in every step of my recovery. He has a great bedside manner, always willing to take time to explain what the next step is, he has an awesome sense of humor and knows when I needed to laugh, he is so compassionate and understanding. His 'team' as they are called are the best, from making my appointments to being checked in, he has a great office staff!! The friendly staff makes the drive to his office well worth it. His team is the best in Austin, Texas

August 14th, 2014

Dr. Whitfield is the best!

Dr. Whitfield performed a DIEP flap on my thigh for cancer reconstruction and I couldn't be happier! Dr. Whitfield, his colleagues and staff have been beyond helpful during this very stressful and life changing experience. I was 27 and two weeks away from my wedding when I was diagnosed. After I knew I would make it through treatment, I was concerned with my appearance after the surgeries. Dr. Whitfield did an amazing job with my DIEP flap! The scar on my stomach is minimal and healed beautifully. The flap on my leg is an amazing work of science and skill. Dr. Whitfield came by to check on me in the hospital daily and had his colleagues check on me as well (they are all very talented, kind and intelligent). He also took the time to educate my family and I on how to prevent infection and take care of my incisions. I was very pleased with his bedside manner and have continued to be throughout my healing process. I have recommended Dr. Whitfield to many friends and family and will continue to do so. I also plan on having any elective/cosmetic surgeries with him as well. There is no other surgeon I would trust more!

August 13th, 2014

I highly recommend him. He's an incredible Dr and goes above and beyond expectations

August 4th, 2014

Does not give up on you !!!!

I HAVE NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER went to a surgeon that was so careing and concerned as Dr. Whitfield. I had to go to many surgeons in my life and never came across a more knowledgeable and caring doctor. I am 67 years old and I came to him with a LARGE hole in my back. The hole was caused by another procedure that I had to have done.The ball was dropped and ended up with this hole in my back with metal sticking out and having a vac that had to stay on my back 24/7. By this time I needed a plastic surgeon and God put me in the hands of Dr. Whitfield. He never gave up. By this time my skin was so thin and no muscle left around the hole. I had to have multiple flaps done, The metal had to be removed by the other doctor and then Dr. Whitfield removed a vain from my leg and skin and muscle from my side and the hole was closed for the first time in Two Years! He stood by my side never giving up and seeing me every day and changing the dressing, making sure I was having the right food to help my skin and muscles to get strong once again. I am know HOLE FREE, and getting my body moving again. There is so much more I could write on the awesome doctor, but I hope with what I wrote,you will know you will be going to an exceptional doctor. Thank You, Dr. Whitfield and Staff

August 4th, 2014

Dr. Robert Whitfield

Dr. Robert Whitfield performed my DIEP flap surgery in 2012. He is an outstanding doctor! He explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. Dr. Whitfield was very thoughtful before, during and after my surgery. During my hospital stay, he came by and checked on me daily and he called when I was home to make sure I was comfortable. I have recommended Dr. Whitfield to several people and will continue to recommend him. He is very knowledgeable, caring and shows compassion for his patients. When a woman hears the word cancer, it would benefit her to call Dr. Robert Whitfield for her reconstruction.

August 3rd, 2014

Exceptional care and outstanding results

Dr. Robert Whitfield changed my life forever, and I will be eternally grateful. He skillfully performed my DIEP flap breast reconstruction surgery which included the harvesting of my stomach fat to build my new breasts. His meticulous attention to my surgery allowed my tissue to heal nicely, and I have feeling in some parts of my breast. He is the finest surgeon that I have ever worked with throughout my life. I have referred several friends to him due to the excellent medical attention that I received during my double mastectomy. He took time to explain my procedure and drew sketches to help me understand what he was going to do during the surgery. He phoned me when I was released to check on my healing. I feel blessed to have chosen him for my reconstruction surgery. I will be his patient for life!

August 3rd, 2014

Dr. Whitfield, an exceptional physican and person.

When I heard from a friend that Dr. Whitfield had a negative review online I was stunned. As a former patient, I can tell you the care I received from him and his office staff was truly amazing. I had a bilateral mastectomy along with an immediate DIEP Flap Reconstructive Procedure. Let me be the first to say that this surgery is not for wimps. It was a very difficult journey that I would not have been able to get through without the care and compassion from my family, friends, and especially Dr. Whitfield. Dr. Whitfield not only made sure I understood everything about the procedure, but that I was both mentally and physically prepared for this life changing experience. He personally came to my hospital room and expressed concern and empathy when the general surgeon informed me that she had not gotten all the cancer and needed to perform a second surgery in 5 days. He reassured me that he would personally be there to make sure all went well. He even went above and beyond by calling me at home after each of my procedures to make sure I was doing well and resting comfortably. As a practicing nurse and as a patient, I am appalled that someone would write such a negative review and place the blame of an infection on Dr. Whitfield; this allegation is ludicrous. I have been a homecare nurse for 17 years and have specialized in wound care. In my professional opinion, infections are a risk factor in any surgery and there are too many factors that can be attributed to a patient getting an infection; and for someone to blame one single person is just asinine. I am truly sorry for the patient that had suffered the infection, but to turn your negativity out in such a way is wrong. For all of you reading this review, just know that I am a 43 year old woman and cancer survivor who LOVES the work that Dr. Whitfield has done for me. My breasts look better know that they did prior to my surgery. I have finished my chemo and I am now cancer free!!! Thank you Dr. Whitfield and staff for being so amazing.

August 3rd, 2014

We are extremely thankful to Dr. Whitfield!

I cannot begin to tell you how blessed we were to have been introduced to Dr. Whitfield and his staff. Having a bilateral mastectomy is hard enough, but Dr. Whitfield was so informative, patient and the BEST at what he does. My husband felt so much more at ease speaking with him, and understanding the process! I could have never imagined the amazing end result and am so thankful to him for doing what he does BEST! Thank you Dr. Whitfield and Staff!

February 22nd, 2011

Nurse at my mammogram was impressed

I had breast cancer surgery in 2008 and Dr. Whitfield was my plastic surgeon for my implant and revision surgery on my remaining breast. He is the absolute best doctor a woman could ask for. He's patient, understanding, prompt with his appointments and very talented. When I had my mammogram last year (one side only), the nurse was so impressed with how well the two breasts matched she just had to tell me what a great job my plastic surgeon had done. I recommend Dr. Whitfield to anyone facing breast cancer surgery.

April 1st, 2010

Happy Rhinoplasty Patient

Two years ago I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty done by another surgeon who totally botched it. My nose started to collapse in and my breathing was awful. I went to Dr. Whitfield in hopes that he would be able to repair the damage the first surgeon had done and I cant say enough about how great my nose looks now. Not only do I have the cosmetic result I wanted the first time but my breathing is perfect. Dr. Whitfield was so patient and understanding when working with me. He took the time to listen to what I wanted and explained everything to me in detail making me completely comfortable before surgery. Every morning I wake up and the first thing I see is my nose and I know that I picked the best surgeon to go to. I would recommend him to anyone looking not only for a revision but an initial rhinoplasty as well. I want to add that I realize that a lot of people write reviews based off of one experience with a surgeon but Ive had several smaller procedures done with Dr. Whitfield as well as my rhinoplasty revision and my results have been nothing less then perfect, so much so my mother is also now a patient of Dr. Whitfield. I would recommend Dr. Whitfield without hesitation; hes one of the best surgeons Ive ever worked with.

March 30th, 2010

The BEST!!!!!

My overall experience with Dr Whitfield has been excellent. If you have breast cancer and you actually care about what you look like afterward, than this is the THE ONLY DOC to consider. He is not only a talented surgeon but his bedside manner and willingness to speak openly and clearly about what is going to happen is a must. This is your body!Do not settle for anyone else! He is the BEST!

August 19th, 2009

Happy Patient

I have been a patient with Dr. Whitfield for several years now. He has been more then great, he's addressed all of my concerns and took great care of me. I've referred several family members to him with excellent results. He took the time to address my case with care and concern and I plan to see him again for additional work in the near future.