Overall Review

May 16th, 2016
Feb. 2012 I was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage 4 that was very aggressive. I was referred to Dr. Whorf and from the very first day I was utterly amazed that he took a real interest in my case. I felt that I was in good hands and I took 3 cycles of Chemo (9 weeks) followed by 33 radiation treatments on my throat with Dt. Dwight Fitch. I can't say enough great things about both doctors. They have a real "bedside manner". They are both VERY one-on-one and never made me feel like I was just another patient. I would highly recommend Dr. Whorf -- and I have. I am now cancer free thanks to Dr. Whorf and Dr. Fitch. I would go back if the need were to arise.

September 3rd, 2015
Dr. Worf is a very personal , caring Dr. You always feal he is working to make you feel better and understand the treatment you are getting , I would recommend him highly.

November 12th, 2014
The Best
Dr. Whorf saved my life, bottom line! This man orchestrated my treatment for stage 3 breast cancer like the conductor of a fine symphony. I felt like I was the only patient in his care, although I knew differently. I had a rough time in the beginning because I had been in denial, but he walked me through every step of the way and put my fears to rest. His positive outlook was infectious and it wasn't long before I knew that I was going to beat this thing. His chemotherapy regimen shrunk my tumor and allowed for a successful surgical outcome. Today I am cancer free and have only "Well patient visits", to deal with. We moved from Florida to Tennessee shortly after my treatment ended and the hardest part of the move was leaving my wonderful medical team, especially Dr Whorf.

July 15th, 2014
Very rude!!
Today I met Dr. Whorf for for the first time and the last. He is the rudest doctor i have ever met!! And I have met several doctors that were rude. When I repeated a question more than once, since i still didn't understand what he told me, he said: "for the third time blah blah blah--end of story." At first refused to order the treatment i needed because he said, "I'm not here to do the work of a primary care physician." I had to argue with him to get him to have his staff order the iron infusion that I needed. And he made sure they only ordered the first one, not all the infusions I need. That's not his job. He told me at least three times that if I feel better after this treatment it will be the placebo effect. Thank you, doc, for making sure I don't feel better from the placebo effect--that was very important for you to do, wasn't it? He emphasized several times that there wasn't anything wrong with me that my primary care doc couldn't take care of. I told him--I didn't want to come here, they sent me here. i don't know why he felt the need to tell me that over and over. He could actually call my doctor and tell him, instead of dumping it on me several times. And every time he made a point, he emphasized it with his handy finger pistol How charming. He left without answering my other main questions, and his last words as he closed the door were, "You're too well for us." His ARNP, Tulia, was very nice, as was the financial counselor. I can't say the same for the lady at the front desk, she was very short and curt, but i did see her get a blanket for a lady who was cold in the waiting room, so maybe she is a kind person. There are other hematologists in town. I will never go see this guy again.