Dr. Robert Wieting MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

December 20th, 2015
Very nice doctor and staff
Awesome doctor and staff. We are very pleased with everything from making the appointment to see the doctor. He was very quick to return my call. Highly recommend Dr. Wieting

May 26th, 2015
extremely bad - my boy died from his misdiagnosis and indifference
It used to be the time for me to plan a birthday party for my son around the end of May. But this year I can't, because he is not with us any more. He was always a healthy happy boy and he had no more than 5 times of sick visit during his 4 years and half life . Unfortunately, we changed his pediatrician from a solo practice doctor to Dr. Wieting, considering his clinic with a group of doctors and easier after-hour services . My little boy got fever and we took him to see Dr. Wieting three times and called his after-hour two times within 10 days. He kept saying "viral infection" again and again. After we asked if he could do a blood test to confirm his diagnosis, he insisted that there was no need to do a lab test and he did not order X-rays and did not prescribe any antibiotics. Dr. Wieting confidently told us "he is getting better". Until the last office visit, Dr. Wieting did a simple CBC and then told us to go back home and wait for an appointment with a specialist next day. We sent our boy to the ER in Children's Hospital the next day, and his blood culture in the ER showed a bacteria infection and he went into severe sepsis. My son died from sepsis two days later. We wanted to get my boy's medical record from his clinic, but the clinic did not want to talk with us.

February 5th, 2014
Had to comment
Came to give a review about Doc W but was surprised and sad to see other review so negative about such a good doc. To that person who says she is a nurse, she should know that "opinions" by doctors are actually medical judgements and assessments made by a learned professional! And about fever, as Doc W has taught me, it is often better to watch it and treat it only if my child is feeling bad from it, or if it is getting dangerously too high which I learned is unlikely to happen! I am sure if she would have listened better she would realize that I am sure her child was treated just fine, as my kid has always been! And to that other lady, I know to call back to my doctor if things are not going well after a visit, I mean you cant expect a doctor to call back every single patient he sees - thats why he tells YOU to call back any time you need to! So you two go ahead and dont see him anymore because I still will!

January 27th, 2014
Extreme indifference or lack of concern. You have watched your child for sometime and know that something is really not right. You go to the doc and will get the usual checkup. Maybe then a test or two. Results come negative and then guess what you are on your own. followup instructions are very poor unless you are prepared with specific questions and never had the doc call us back to check. I have had other peds call and check on the child. So as a parent you end up walking out of the appt. pretty disappointed.

December 26th, 2013
Since when are opinions diagnosis?
I have seen him twice with my 1 year old both for sick visits. First time my son had double ear infections the second time the flu. Each time dr W was condescending, rude and demeaning. First of all I am Nurse with 10 years of experience and don't appreciate being told that how I'm caring for my child is wrong - he told me I should never treat a fever. Who says that? Since when? What would any ER nurse or MOM for that matter say if your child has a fever of 102? Did you give him anything? What If he had a seizure? Do you think dr W would stand by his words of wisdom then? Then he went on to tell me that I should never give him pedilyte even if he's been having diarrhea and vomiting for 2+ days and his diagnosis for my son before I asked for a flu swab was "oh he's just got the crud that's going around." Last time I checked there were people in Intensive care and DYING from the flu. (My son missed his vaccine because he was ill). I can understand new age or even holistic medicine but giving your opinions out as diagnosis is a bit of a quack move to me. Don't waste your time getting a bad diagnosis. Had I not been trained on the signs and symptoms of the flu and asked for the swab I wouldn't of been able to get my son the antiviral prescription he needed to get well faster. We won't be back to see him again. TX children's has an awesome reputation in Houston and this Dr isn't doing them justice.

June 17th, 2013
He was my pediatrician and now my son's pediatrician
Dr. Wieting is a fabulous doctor. He was my doctor from elementary years into high school. Now, he is my son's doctor from infancy into current elementary years. He believes in allowing the body to naturally fight off diseases instead of over prescribing medicine. He is a patient doctor that is witty and makes my son comfortable and laughs. I am glad he still practices and he returns my phone calls quickly.

April 23rd, 2013
Great Doctor
My daughter and son go to Dr. Wieting. I am sad that some people see him as rude and demeaning. He has always been courteous and prompt. I have never had to wait during my appointments. I am also happy that he is not always eager to prescribe my children medication.

September 8th, 2012
Read the other reviews, and too bad more people with great experiences don't write, only those who for whatever reason with a complaint do. Too bad your regular doc was not there and you probably had too see a doc who was overly busy. Dr Wieting is usually a great doc we have been seeing for many years! And this web site is bad - as that is not even his picture!!

August 17th, 2012
Terrible Bedside Manner
Our regular pediatrician was out, so we went to Dr. Wieting because we had no other option in the practice. He was rude, spoke to us condescendingly and made inappropriate jokes to us about our questions. I am well educated, probably no less than what he has, yet he treated me like I was an idiot. I would rather go to the ER or and urgent care center should we be in this situation again.

December 2nd, 2011
My Kids Love Him!
My Children have been going to him since birth and they are 15 and 16 now. We have never had a problem and they love him. Thanks Dr W.

April 15th, 2009
He is not very polite. He said in not so many words that I would have been a bad parent if I had brought my son in any later than what I did.

May 23rd, 2017