Dr. Robert Wills MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 18th, 2012
Hmm not trustworthy
Everybody who has a headache seems to need neck injections. And when they dont help, he still after years wants to give them? NOT trustworthy.

May 24th, 2012
exceptional service
I really like the office and its staff, the location is great. I feel like the staff is always there for me and they are always smiling and asking if everything is ok or I have any question. Thank you for the exceptional service brought to my attention.

May 21st, 2012
Caring MD
My muscles were hurting badly I couldnt stand the pain, I couldnt lay or move it was really tight so I knew I had to go to the doctor I was recommended to Dr. Willis. I was diagnosed muscle pain. Luckily Dr. Willis helped me out! Thank you.

April 26th, 2012
Amazing!
Dr. Wills is amazing, and really loves what he does. He takes time with his patients, instead of just rushing them out the door. Best experience I've ever had with a doctor.

March 27th, 2012
Thankful!
I have been trying to get a doctor who listens to me and takes my concerns into consideration when developing a treatment plan. Dr. Willis does that! I am so happy for the future! Thank you Dr. Willis!!

March 21st, 2012
The Best!
It does not get any better than Dr. Wills. He is absolutely fantastic and I always receive the best possible care in his hands. I highly recommend!

May 8th, 2011
Dr. Wills subscribed so many pain medications for me that I overdosed on them and ended up in ICU on a ventilator. Be very very careful as to what kind of medications you are given by him. I ended up seeing an addiction doctor because of the medications he was prescribing. I wouldn't go to him if he could save my life. Just be cautious of him and his practice.

February 15th, 2010
Epidural injection
I had read some very negative ratings that caused me some concern. I checked with my other two doctors and got their ok. From the time that I arrived until I went home, I could not have been treated any better. Each person that I dealt with was pleasant and caring. I am very glad that I did not just pay atention to the negative comments with out doing further checking. I went to the 2501 West William Cannon facility. I hope thattis has been helpful. K.A.

August 30th, 2009
The Galleria of Medical Mills
You can see the mill from down the street. Two years ago, there was nothing here. When I drove up to this pain office, I saw a new physical therapy place, an imaging place, a surgery center, a massive office, chronic pain center, pharmacy, chiropractic, and did i mention surgery surgery surgery? I didnt realize Id have to do all of it at once right away, and only in the places he owns. Three MRI's, five injections, Six brand-name medications, Twelve therapy visits in three weeks, a referral to a neurosurgeon (because the shots they recommended were not going to work, if you can believe it), and a $1200.00 urine drug test. Well, at least my insurance covers it all, right? think again. Because Dr Will's facilities are not in network, I pay an extra copay, a higher deductible, and much much much more than if he actually had it all in his own office. In fact, he used to have it in his own office, but the money is better when you spin it all off and take the same equipment and register it differently "out of office", even though its still in your office. Brand name Stonegate everything, high end stuff, whooooooop deee doooo, the best of everything. This is the ultimate transfer of wealth. You get in an accident, you see Dr Wills, he gets rich off you. Look for Dr Wills' $95,000.00 BMW parked right in the front with the other doctors.No thanks. Im seeing someone else. He drives a regular car and he does the shots I need in his office, doesnt make me go to his therapist, his mri, his pharmacy, and he doesnt make a buck off everything that happens to me.

August 28th, 2009
Stay away from this Guy!
Dr Wills is by far the worse doctor I have ever seen. He was my first pain doc and he was terrible! I never saw him unless it was for a shot. He is all about quantity and not quality. Do yourself a big favor and find a different place to go. Other doctors in the Austin area agree he should not be in the medical field.

August 25th, 2009
Quality Doctor and Staff.
Dr. Wills is one of the most caring doctors I've ever known. He is an amazing physician with outstanding medical and surgical skills-ie: implanting pain pumps. His office staff are personable and more than willing to help, plus they are thorough. They do all the legwork for pre-certification and other insurance matters, so patients don't have to worry about it. Would recommend without reservation.

August 16th, 2009
How much $$$$$? Are you kidding?
After my surgeon referred me to this doctor for pain management, I was in for another surprise. No, not that the place looks like a drug rehab center because the clients look like a scene out of a horror movie (missing limbs, drooling over the wheelchair). The surprise was that my surgeon owns a part of the surgery center where Dr Wills practices, and they have a financial relationship which everybody forgot to mention. It gets worse. The office visit cost me $1200.00. Dr Wills gave me $1450.00 worth of naroctics to take the first month. Then he recommended a "series of three" injections at his surgery center next door. $7465.00 !!! When I called back to discuss options, I spoke with an "operator" who works for the answering service off site and has no access to any of my records. I could tell because the "call center" kept losing the connection. It took 4 days for an actual medical person to call me back from the clinic, it was the same person who had walked me into the office. When I asked about the call center, she clearly indicated she was "not supposed to talk about that".I took the pills and called the Texas Medical Board 800 201 9353. Then, a funny thing happened. Dr. Wills assistant called me 2 weeks later and apologized for the experience, and I got a partial refund for the "excessive charges", AND my medical records were forwarded promptly to my next doctor using the credit balance I had suddenly acquired.I guess my next call will be to my insurance company...To thank them for giving me options like the new doctor Im seeing.