Dr. Robert Winfield MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

November 8th, 2016
last visit
I have been a patient of Dr. Winfield's off and on for over 20 yrs. This last problem, I went through a series of shots and the problem is still there. The last few times I have seen Vickie she has been very rude and they kept threating to take my pain meds. They can have them because they didn't work anyway. I thought we had a better doctor patient relationship, I WAS WRONG. They wouldn't do another MRI after I have had many falls said It hadn't been a year. THAT WAS A LIE. I went to my ortho. doc. and got x-rays and two shots in my lower back and my insurance approved my MRI which is being done Sat. I really like Dr. Winfield and he is a good shooter, but he has changed. Vickie was so rude and said this was the last pain scrip that I could have because he wanted to get me off of them. I just told her to keep it. She didn't but I destroyed it along with the x-ray script. There is a pain mangt. doc. at my ortho. doctor's office and that is where I am going when I need to and they ARE NOT with Riverside. Seems like since Dr. Winfield has moved to his new office and he got Vickie things changed, with me anyway. Seems like when someone famous dies, then all of us who need pain meds are the ones that pay. I am referring to Prince and all these overdoses that is happening with young ones overdosing. I am not a shopper or and abuser and I would think they would know that by now. MY LAST VISIT, WAS JUST THAT, MY LAST.... I had a friend tell me that you have to remember that when it comes to doctors '' IT IS JUST A BUSINESS" I wish Dr. Winfield all the best but I had no choice but to move on.

September 13th, 2016
Terrible doctor to have for any results
Worst doctor ever, my wife is worse than ever after 3 years worth of pain and hope that she would get better. He could not figure anything out and shouldn't be used if you can help it. PA White is also deplorable and unfeeling in all our experiences with her. Her customer service and caring about the patient is just the worst I have ever seen in my time in the Navy and in civilian life. You are just a number to them and that is how they make you feel. These two individuals have giving her so many shots and procedures that we are on the brink of bankruptcy and zero solutions. I warn anyone and everyone to run from these to want a Bes

August 6th, 2016
Dr. Winfield has given me epidurals for many years. When I didn't get relief he set up MRI and then referred me to a neurosurgeon. He has also referred me to an orthopedic doctor for another problem. I have seen both of these doctors that he referred me to and feel that with them and Dr. Winfield, I am in excellent hands. Have complete confidence in these three doctors.

February 16th, 2016
Dr. Winfield has been my pain management doctor for almost 6 years. I have received excellent care the entire time I've been with him. He listens to everything I have to say. I have nothing negative to say about him or his wonderful P.A., Ms. Vicky White. I recently moved and have to change doctors since I'm 1,000 miles away, but will always be grateful for the care I've received.

January 17th, 2016
The worst doctor I have ever met
When I first started seeing Dr. Winfield about two years ago, I was relieved that someone was finally going to be able to solve the problems I was having with my right hip, as he was treating me with meds, giving me shots, and sent me to physical therapy. I was feeling confident that my hip problems would be cured. After a few months, I was feeling more and more pain as he was lowering my meds and giving me more shots. I can now barely step down on my right leg. Dr Winfield finally sent me to see a surgeon last month to see why my hip seemed to be getting worse. After the surgeon viewed my xray, he quickly said that my hip was showing severe orthopaedic arthritis and that my bones were rubbing together because most of the tissue that should be there was not. He wants me to get a hip replacement surgery done ASAP. I advised Dr Winfield's office of this, and his response was to lower my meds to two pills a day until my surgery in March. So I am now taking six Advils or Tylenol pills every six hours when the meds are gone. That is 18 pills a day. He really doesn't care. If my surgery wasn't scheduled so soon, I would leave Riverside and find a doctor that didn't have as many bad reviews as Dr Winfield. Some people were just not meant to be working with patients who are counting on them to look out for their well being.

August 2nd, 2015
Arrogant Pain Management
Dr. Winfield does not listen...he is focused more on "his goals" in managing your pain. From my very first visit, it has been about takig me off of my pain medications that thoroughly work to manage my pain and make my life berable. He does not care that they work, he only cares because they are narcotic medication. Narcotic medications happen to work; they do what they were designed to do and i think this gets forgotten about because of all the misuse and abuse by non pain management patients out here that use them for pleasure or for monetary goals. Why should i have to suffer in excrutiating pain because of this? I shouldnt and i refuse to. Dr. Winfield is a nice enough person but his arrogance of treating his patients based on "his goals" is the reason i will be seeking out another doctor. I've tried every single other option he suggested and theg did not work and he still decides to change my current plan that IS WORKING!! This is arrogant and i will no longer pay this doctor another dime of my money.. i think doctors forget that WE PAY THEM...they don't pay us...yes i have health insurance, but I PAY FOR MY HEALTH INSURANCE THAT PAYS HIM. I would not recommend Dr. Winfield as a pain doctor because he does not listen to you, the patient.

May 14th, 2015
Do not go to Dr Winfield
Dr Winfield and his staff are the most incompetent, uncaring, difficult people

July 16th, 2014
He does his best in this system.
At first I found him hard to talk to, but I got to know him and have found that he does care. He wont necessarily offer tons of options, but if you do your homework and ask questions he is definitely willing to work with you. He wants you to get better. He is professional and a good man. Chronic pain Is very difficult to treat and I think he does his best. I am glad he is my doctor.

April 14th, 2014
Pain management
Dr Windfield is awesome. He listen to all my concerns. Gave me three or four alternatives. He has been the only Dr. Turn help me win my pain. Everyone in the office has been great

November 9th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Winfield for a long time. I read the reviews and have never had any of the problems these people are complaining about. The only thing I can figure out is that he doesn't give them the medications they want. He has always listened, been very caring and kind. He has given me quite a few epidurals, and I trust him completely. I had back surgery years ago with a doctor that was fantastic and I feel this way about Dr. Winfield. I would recommend him to anyone I know. Several people I know use him and also completely trust him. I have had his staff call and check on me after epidurals, and was told if a problem developed to call immediately.

October 30th, 2013
Waste of time
This doctor is overly opinionated about his credentials yet, his office routinely mixed my records with other patients, called in wrong prescriptions on multiple occasions, would not discuss side effects until after the fact, obviously rarely read my chart because he continued to give me chemicals I was allergic to, spent more time typing on computer typing than speaking directly with me, and kept deferring me to nurses rather than trying to solve my pain issues. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

June 16th, 2012
No meds given for pain
I waited to to this man for three months also....all the time in severe pain and needless to say....once I finally got to see him...what a joke...was sent to physical therapy ....been going to that at least 2 sometimes three times a week since last December!!!!!! Not once has he given me ANYTHING for my pain....I just got an injection three weeks ago and it did not even work :( and here I truly thought I was sent to him for ''PAIN MANAGEMENT'' yeah right...would not recommend this man for my dog! Has absolutely NO bed side manner and with his awful personality ....he should have to repeat school....although I really don't think this would help...perhaps he should just stat on a golf course and deal with balls seeing how he does not have any at all...