Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Jane R on Feb 18th, 2014

I had progressive muscle weakness that had occurred over a 4 month time period. My spouse even had to push me up the stairs (from behind) and I couldn't get out of a chair without help. Suprisingly most of my lab tests (including muscle enzymes) were normal; though there was a small "bump" in the ANA test. I finally underwent a muscle biopsy which was sent to the UCSF path dept. They had a diagnosis of a "non-inflammatory" muscle degeneration of some type. I had not been on any cholesterol meds; but Dr Wiskocil noted I had started a new blood pressure medicine 9 months before the onset of my symptoms. He felt that that particular medicine can sometimes cause a "late onset" reaction and urged me to stop it. Within 2 weeks I could get out of a chair (unassisted) and in 6 weeks I was able to walk up a flight of stairs. The medicine was lisinopril... After one visit (and some thinking on his part) I was fixed...!! Need-less-to say I'm impressed.

The Very Best show details The Very Best
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Wiskocil spent almost an hour with me when I was diagnosed with PMR several years ago. He covered everything in detail - I mean everything, I never had to check back with him for any questions during the year long duration of the illness because he took the time to educate me about the disease. He treated me with respect and patience. He is extremely caring, reassuring and has all the smarts! :) Thank you, Dr. Wiskocil!

The best I've ever seen... show details The best I've ever seen...
Jan 4th, 2012

I had seen a few different rheumatologist, none knew how to help my (life threatening) condition. Even a consultation at Stanford didn't help. He suggested a treatment that, at that time, was only approved for lymphoma patients. We tried it... I recovered. BTW at the time I was hospitalized, had renal failure, blood count always dropping, platelet count < 8% of normal.

Sep 16th, 2009

Is very up to date in his field. Has been very good with alternative treatment and traditional.

Mar 13th, 2009

He is the best doctor I have seen yet