Dr. Robert Woodrome MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2017
Twilight Zone
Upon arrival I was greeted by a less than enthusiastic receptionist. I was self pay, so they charged me a whopping $150 up front. The nurse/assistant was less than friendly. Both these girls acted as if they hated working at the Splendora office. In contrast, the doctor came into the back entrance....I thought Patch Adams had entered the room: loud, happy and talking about what an awesome night he had. Even though this is not "professional" behavior, I wanted to believe that it was refreshingly different. I tried. However, in the exam room it was as if his mouth was way ahead of his mind. I went in for a UTI, requiring only an antibiotic. I was a few weeks from an appointment with a new primary care doctor but didn't want to wait too long and let the Muti get out of hand. Then the doctor wanted me to get on blood pressure meds. I explained I would take it up with my primary care when I saw her but he just wouldn't let up. Finally I agreed to let him write me a prescription. Nope...he wouldn't have it... he insisted on calling it in with the antibiotic. My blood pressure was higher than usually probably due to my experience there. By the time I left, I must have had the deer in the head light look....what in the world just happened? He may be a perfect doctor for some, but just not my thing.

July 5th, 2017
AWESOME DR. AWESOME MAN!!!
This Dr. is an angel! If it wasn't for Dr. Woodrome, my husband would have died! He is Spot-On with his dignosis! It was well worth moving here from Colorado just to get to have this man for our family!! Thank You God for this man!!!

June 22nd, 2017
Lack of Concern
My mother fell and had x-rays done. Three days after, she still had not received results and was still in pain. Repeated calls to Livingston office resulted in being transferred to a full voicemail each time and eventually being told there was not a problem with the phones and hung up on. A visit to the office for results ended with being told "no time to see/talk to you today" - Receptionist responded as if requests to get test results was a major inconvenience for her. Complete lack of concern shown. - Physician working in Livingston office was kind once we got to see him but stated that repeated requests to have phones repaired have been unsuccessful. Apologized for delay in results/treatment. Yet, appeared to be at a loss on how to address since Woodrome owned the office. I attempted to contact Woodrome multiple times with no success. - Not the place you want your parents being seen for medical care. ---- Concerned Daughter.

February 15th, 2017
Disgusting facility
From the outside upkeep to the absolutely disguating appearance of the waiting room and the arrogance of the doctor. I would not reccomend anyone to see this doctor.

February 13th, 2017
Very Attentive

December 14th, 2016
Unfortunately I am one of the individuals who need regular pain medications for nerve damage. I am uninsured and this office normally charges $75.00 for a self pay visit. Because I get pain medications refilled, they charge me $150.00 for a 5 minute visit. Today, they are charging me an additional $25.00 for a urine test that they want me to do to be sure I am taking the medications that they are only asked to refill every 30 days routinely. Sounds like price gouging!

July 27th, 2016
Staff at the Livingston TX office should be fired. They are completely incompetent. How could this not be a reflecton of the doctors lack of concern? Dr. has multiple clinics designed to make him rich instead of providing the best medical care possible.

May 23rd, 2016
A very unprofessional doctor

March 3rd, 2016
I loved seeing Dr. Woodrome in Livingston he has always been great with my family. He is not seeing patient in Splendora and he can spend more time with you. So if you need to see Dr. Woodrome go see him in Splendora.

February 26th, 2016
very disapointed
At first I really liked the doctor and his two very friendly nurses. They were very helpful and had a great professional manner. I noticed the two nnurses that were there prior were no longer working there and the one new nurse that visits the patients before The doctor was very rude and unhelpful. Tue doctor usually comes in very happy and loud and checks to see how I've been doing on my suboxone but this time is was very rushed and short. The nurse asked why I was so early coming in for my refill and as I was explaining the situation she kept going back and forth between my room and the doctor.. she demanded a urine screen in which I had no issues with. The doctor basically said he would not fill my medicine early and he out me on a alternative brand and unwashed grateful for that but it was only half the dose i was used to taking and I would still be short till my next appointment. I called to speak with the doctor about my options as you can't just quit taking suboxone without titrating down and the nurse refused to let me speak to him saying the doctor never returns phone calls and there was nothing they could do for me.. she basically said I was on my own till the ninth and they were unwilling to help. I was extremely upset because I have two small children to care for and I don't want to go into withdrawal from not having my medicine. I never thought he would leave me high and dry in a scary situation. Even though I out myself in this position I have never known a doctor to leave his patients alone without any help or support during an already stressful time. The fact that the new nurses were unwilling and refused to let me speak with the doctor was the first straw and when they said I was in my own I was forced to find a new doctor. People take advantage of a person in a position of vulnerability and that's what happened. 0 stars for me.

December 29th, 2015
Spent less then five minutes and over charged me. Horrible.

April 7th, 2015
Dr was great, staff is terrible.
Dr Woodrome was great with my daughter, but the woman who handles the insurance is rude, and very unprofessional. We went to the Livingston office and we were asked by the nurse to contact insurance provider to speed up the prior authorization form for the medication. I called insurance on Wed., I got the information as requested, insurance faxed the Drs office the paper while I was on the phone with them. We were told on Friday by the pharmacy that insurance approval was now pending on the Dr. I called Thursday and Friday to speak with Christie, the one who handles the insurance at Dr Woodrome 's office, I was told she would call me back, but never did. Monday morning I called back and did talk to her, she said IF she had time, she would do it that day. I called back and spoke the the office manager, she said she would help Christie take care of it, and call me back that afternoon with an update. Well it is now Tuesday night, still no phone call, and the pharmacy said still no approval. I realize there is a lot of red tape involved in insurance claims, but a little kindness and consideration from the office staff would have went a long way.