Dr. Robert Wooten MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 2nd, 2016
Staff is rude and Dr. has a chip on his shoulder
Dr. Wootens nurse is very rude. When asking me to come back to the area where they take your blood pressure etc. she never even said hello or how are you. I just sat down in the chair and she put the monitor around my arm and walked away. As she was walking away she mumbled something and I asked her to repeat herself since she said it with her back turned toward to me I couldn't hear her that well and she came back at me with an attitude. Dr. Wooten is a very knowledgable Dr. but he can stand to take himself down a few notches to the patients level. One time after waiting a while to see him he came into the room while chatting on his cell phone for a couple minutes. Really you couldn't hang up before stepping into the room with me? Then I was rushed the remainder of my time. He also needs to work on his bedside manner. Not a whole lot of options in Memphis for GI Doctors since it seems like Gastro One is the biggest GI practice around and once you switch Doctors in this practice you are basically stuck with that Dr. since other doctors in the practice can decline seeing you if you want to switch. Keep that in mind before deciding on a Dr. in this practice.

May 4th, 2016
He is an excellent doctor

July 29th, 2015
Time is important
The only issue I had with Dr. Wooten was the very long wait time. When your sick that really matters.

June 4th, 2015
Just ok
Bedside manner needs improvement. Very detached attitude. Very little interaction with patient as far as talking in detail about medical issues or concerns that I had as a patient. I am sure he is medically qualified, and his education is excellent. However there is more to providing medical care than just the degree. And I think there are plenty of other doctors in his field who would be more suited for a patient like myself who wants a better bedside manner.

February 27th, 2014
Went to see Dr. Wooten regarding some upsetting gastro issues- he was entirely too brisk, did not begin to make me feel comforted or informed about my symptoms, diagnosis or options. He insisted that because I am the patient, I am to decide the best course of action, rather than him making a recommendation. Most upsetting, his nurse asked me to lie on my side for a rectal exam, and apparently he then re-entered the room (unannounced) and began the exam (placing his finger in my rectum) also unannounced and with no explanation of what to expect. He then stated that the assistant would take things from there and walked out. No explanation of what to expect next, no well wishes, no asked if I had any questions for him, nothing. I left with more questions than I came with, on top of feeling physically violated.