Dr. Robert Yin MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Lutherville Timonium, MD

3.8

January 30th, 2014
Dead end
He was not able to diagnose me and was grasping at straws. Had his back to me at his computer, made errors in my records, illnesses and history. I knew more than he did. Very frustrating so I left the practice. Wasted time so he could charge my insurance company for an hour long visit.

January 27th, 2014
Kind and Excellent in Care
Dr. Yin has been my doctor for a few years, and honestly I really love his personality and his care. He is intelligent, and has a vast amount of experience and patience with his clients. He was referred by my primary care doctor, for recurring stomach pains and issues, and did such a thorough job with my interviews, diagnosis, and all the testing I had to receive, I could not be happier. Since seeing him I have been able to eat normally again, and I feel like a better human. He is really a nice, plain-spoken doctor, and I can tell he is amazing with his other patients too. It is a rarity to see a doctor in practice today that has the kind of caregiving personality that he does. His staff is really kind, and I liked his non-GBMC office better--it's more personable--but both were fine. He's a great gastroenterologist, and I'd recommend him to anyone who needs a helping hand.

March 22nd, 2013
The scheduling is terrible. They never on time. The wait time is terrible and unacceptable.

February 22nd, 2013
Don't Believe the Bad Review
I'm thinking the bad reviewer is someone with a beef against Dr. Yin because I believe I have seen this same exact review elsewhere. "Malice" is definitely not a word I would attribute to this dr. He's very kind. He spends a LOT of time speaking with his patients and trying to diagnose their issues. He's also very knowledgeable. If I didn't think he was kind and knew what he was doing, there is NO WAY I would have allowed him to conduct a procedure on me that required anesthesia~!

June 5th, 2011
I don't understand the bad reviews...
...and I'm glad I didn't allow them to dissuade me from choosing Dr. Yin as a dr. "Discrimination"? Discrimination in what way?? That's just bizarre. Perhaps he chose not to treat you because you appeared a little...troubled? Regardless, he has been nothing but professional and also kind. He performed a procedure on me and I liked the way he tried to distract me beforehand because he could sense that I was nervous. I felt that he was very through in my initial visit. Really went over my medical history and asked me a lot of questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

January 26th, 2011
Dr. Yin
I went to see Dr. Yin in 2003 to have a colonoscopy and after discussion with him ended up also having a endoscopy. I found Dr Yin very through, very detailed and professional in his examination. I was very satisfied with the results of the office visit and subsequent procedures. I have seen Dr. Yin on an annual basis. I would recommend to others.

September 16th, 2010
One of the worst display of discrimination I have ever had with a so called Dr in the state of Maryland. He is an absolute embarrassment ot the medical industry. He was very blatant and cared very little with the way he treated me because he was trying to brush me off as a patient, and with malice decided without even examining me that he was just going to turn me away. His associate sent me to him not once but twice because of my medical condition, and he deliberately stalled, hemmed and hawed, and finally ask me why was I coming to him anyway? He pretended to give me a 6 month follow up appointment, just so that he could write a letter to his associate telling her that he had no intentions of treating me, and had the gall to ask her to drop me as a patient as well! He did this maliciously and in a brutal fashion. Due to his misconduct, I went through agony and spent 8 days in the hospital and had to have my gall bladder taken out, because he chose not to do his job! He caused me mental and emotional distress. Not only did he fail me as a doctor. He also failed me as a human being! I wouldn't refer an animal to him, even if the animal was in distress!