Dr. Robert Zalewski-Zaragoza MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 20th, 2016
Best Physciatrist I Ever Had
I previously wrote a review that was completely false, I took my anger out immaturely.I previously had a serious drug addiction and Dr. Zaragoza was the only Doctor I had that did not let this addiction continue. When all my other doctors had prescribed me certain medication which helped fuel my addiction, Dr. Robert Zaragoza did not enable this, and instead he focused on what was best for me and how I could get better, and it worked. After the initial resentment I felt because he would not give me unnecessary medication, I eventually came to realize how much he helped heal me, and how I feel as though I actually got the best help possible.

December 19th, 2016
Outstanding Service
I knew my high expectations would be met the moment I stepped foot in the office. A warm welcome from the friendly staff, and a beautiful well kept waiting room at first glance. There was no wait time, and my appointment went as smoothly as imaginable. Dr. Robert Zaragoza was very understanding, and easy to talk to. I was prescribed the right medication, which continues helping me to this day. I have been with Dr. Zaragoza for over 3 years now, and do not plan on leaving any time soon. Most importantly, I felt the genuine care of Dr. Zaragoza and staff. The service is absolutely superb, and recommend to all people in need of psychiatric assistance.

November 9th, 2012
Very Compassionate
Dr. Z was a wonderful therapist. He listened attentively, provided me with the proper medications and I felt significantly healed after only six sessions. I'm so grateful to him.

August 11th, 2012
The WORST pyschiatrist I have dealt with
I have experienced depression since I was an early teen. I am now 26 and over the past 10 years I have been to several psychologist and psychiatrist due to changes in my location. For several years I was off medicine but decided to seek out help again when I had an anxiety attack. The psychologist Dr. Sudobeh Miller was extremely helpful and getting me back on my feet and feeling better. However, the psychiatrist Dr. Zaragoza whom I would see at the same office (Crownview Medical in Carlsbad, Ca) was by far the worst psychiatrist I have ever dealt with. Upon the first visit I had a good impression of him, but that quickly changed on our follow up appointment and then he continually disappointed me thereafter. Every time I would go in for a follow up appointment he literally had no clue as to the drugs he prescribed me, how long I was on them, or the recent concerns I had called into the staff asking they forward my message to him. After agreeing to change the initial prescription to something new because of poor side effects he sent over a refill request for the same drug. Finally after several calls I got it squared away and started a new prescription, Pristiq. I was advised as with the previous medication to cut the pill in half to ease my way onto the medication. After the second day of taking this medication could not handle the side effects: jaw clenching, dizziness, nausea etc.. Upon our next follow up appointment (which he still seemed to be in the dark about what I was now taking, dosage, etc..) He informed me that I was probably experiencing the strong side effects because it is a time release pill and by breaking it in half I was getting a large rush of the medication all at once. After a couple weeks of taking the medication as I should have been in the first place I felt much better besides mild jaw clenching at night. I decided to stick with this medication as it really seemed to help. After that I had one more follow up appointment which he canceled on me last minute. He also failed to follow up with me to schedule a new appointment and when I went to get a refill on my prescription I was not able to do so. I called in and he wanted me to come in for another appointment. However, I was unable to do so because of my work schedule. I explained to the staff that I felt the medication was working well and that at that point I just needed a refill since I had already gone a day with out it. This turned out to be a major hassle in which I had to have my psychologist sort out for me. In short I went without my medication for 4 days and experienced some pretty bad side effects from the withdrawal. Recently, I called in to inform the staff and Dr. Zaragoza I would be needing to wean myself off of the medication as I would be turning 26 and would no longer have health care coverage. I received a return call saying that Dr. Zaragoza recommended I take one pill every other day until they were gone. I explained I only had like 5 pills left, and asked if I should be doing this for a certain period of time. The receptionists answer was "just take one every day until they are gone." I found this odd but followed the orders. Now just to explain, any day that I had every accidentally forgot or was unable to take the Pristiq I would experience very undesirable side effects, mostly light headed, nausea, and feeling like I was going to faint. So naturally I was not to excited to get off this prescription. Every other day when I was not taking a pill I felt this way. What was odd to me was that with everyday I did not take this I felt these symptoms getting much worse. Finally, I decided to research on my own how to properly wean off Pristiq (which I was also taking the lowest dosage 50mg). With in minutes I realized all the different sources had one thing in common: they all said that you SHOULD NOT try to wean yourself off the medication by alternating dosages, and also a small dosage of either Effexor or Prozac was recommended to help with withdrawal symptoms. I immediately got very frustrated and called in telling the staff what I had found. I received a return call shortly saying that Dr. Zaragoza could write me a prescription for Effexor for a week, but what he really recommend is that I take half a dosage every other day until I was out of the prescription (which they had already been informed I was down to 1 more pill)! Now this is what has set me off and the reason why I have decided to write this review finally. I have had it with this doctor! How could he possibly think that taking half a dosage (as I was wrongfully instructed in the beginning) would possibly be helpful, and furthermore, how could he possibly think it would not only make things worse!This doctor is a joke! If you are looking for a sincere doctor with your best interest, one that you would like to be able to trust their medical opinion I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. With that said, my experience of the staff at Crownview Medical in Carlsbad, CA and also Dr. Sudobeh Miller was otherwise exceptionally very good.

January 27th, 2012
Excellent Doctor and Good listener
Dr, Zaragoza was fantastic and the first psychiatrist who actually listened and tried understand my situation. He was not quick to just give me medications but instead came up with comphrensive plan for my treatment. Highly recommended.

March 22nd, 2011
Compassionate. Listens.

February 13th, 2011
Brilliant
Dr. Z helped me turn my life around. Very smart, he is current on medications and provides sharp insight.

September 13th, 2010
Very caring and competent

January 15th, 2010
Sensitive listener
Knowledgeable about psycho-pharmacology. Listens carefully.Doesn't judge. Makes himself available even at odd hours. Compassionate and kind.

December 29th, 2016