Dr. Robert Zehr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Naples, FL

• Good
  • Bad

June 18th, 2017
I was an avid cyclist. The arthritis in my right knee was unbearable. Before meeting Dr Zehr, I'd gone to 4 different orthopedic doctors. I had 3 surgeries on my knees. I had many cortisone shots. The doctors were telling me I needed a total knee replacement. I finally got in to see Dr. Zehr after reading his reviews on the internet. He said I was an excellent candidate for a partial knee replacement (which I had never heard of)! I just knew from the very first day that I could trust this doctor. He and his staff are amazing, organized an friendly. I had a PKR in March. Two weeks later I had full range of motion and I slowly began cycling again. After 6 weeks, my right knee was amazing thanks to Dr. Zehr! I am cycling 5 days a week. I can walk and even run without pain! The Zehr Center has changed my life. I retired to ride and thanks to Dr. Zehr, I am riding strong and I am riding fast! When I'm not cycling, I'm in the gym.

June 10th, 2017
Great result. Amazing attention to detail!
Dr. Zehr and his staff were meticulous in their care. Couldn't be happier with my full knee replacement by Dr Zehr and his great staff at the beautiful Seaside Surgery Center in Naples, FL.

May 29th, 2017
Hip replacement
Great experience on hip replacement- very professional and understanding!

March 10th, 2017
Great doctor! Amazing surgery! Incredible result!
Three days post total hip replacement, I was off narcotic pain meds. Four days post-op I was walking unassisted. One week after surgery, I was driving and walking my dog about 2 tenths of a mile each day. Any pain from the surgery was minimal compared to the arthritis pain before the surgery!

February 17th, 2017
Recommend
Awesome Doctor and staff. My consultation and evaluation was excellent. Dr. Zehr staff put me at ease immediately. Dr. Zehr listened, diaganose my hip pain, and treated it successfully.

February 14th, 2017
Dr. Zehr was very friendly, he explained the procedure to me. Dr. Zehr did not rush me at the time of visit to schedule the surgery. He informed me to talk to your family and decide what was the plan. My plan was to have surgery and I am having a very good outcome. As for bedside maners it's 110%.

January 9th, 2017
Very professional staff;highly qualified and compassionate doctor

November 15th, 2016
When I went to Dr. Zehr for help, my hip was so painful I was socially isolated and unable to do any of the activities I'd enjoyed before. He replaced my left hip using the anterior approach. Within a few days, I needed no pain medications. Within 6 days, no more cane or walker. Within 4 weeks, I was back to walking, golfing and dancing. His friendly professional team are the best. I cannot thank them enough.

October 31st, 2016
Quick Recovery
The overall process was so controlled and understood ahead of time that great results were inevitable. The key for me was the therapy plan after surgery. The 6 day a week in-home therapy, in my opinion, was the reason for such quick recovery of the hip replacement. In two months able to do everything: biking, golf and tennis for a 73 year old guy!
Doctor's Response

You're young at heart Andy - and now you have a young hip to match your indomitable spirit! Congratulations on doing the hard work of physical therapy - your opinion is spot on - it makes a world of difference in the success of a surgical outcome.

September 24th, 2016
The Best
The most informed, intelligent, rational orthopedic surgeon I have seen. And I have seen many. Most want to inject you with stuff that does nothing but costs a lot. :Many want to replace your knee. This doctor says inject with cortisone every three months as long as it works. Don't have surgery until a last resort. I have the utmost respect for this doctor that came from Cleveland Clinic. And when Cortisone no longer works he will be the guy who will do my surgery.
Doctor's Response

And when it's time, we will be happy to perform your surgery John! Thank you for your kind words.

August 23rd, 2016
Quality all around
So glad my GP referred me to Dr. Zehr. I was pretty sure my hip was a mess and I'd be seeing the end of a scalpel in my future, but that wasn't the case. After more than a year of living with pain and discomfort Dr. Zehr quickly isolated the cause of my discomfort and one needle and one day later I'm a happy camper. Thanks Dr Zehr and to all your staff who just seem toreally enjoy working in your office.
Doctor's Response

Oh we do enjoy it Bob! And it's outcomes like yours that keep us happy. So glad we could help.

August 22nd, 2016
I sure picked the right doctor.
Impressive pre-surgical instructions. Followed to a T and used all info that was made available to me. Out of hospital the next day. Rehab and nurses sent to my house for the first week. Afterwards, rehab followed and was better than I have been in years. No residual pain at all! Took a trip 4 months post surgery, and I didn't even have a limp! I would trust Dr. Zehr with absolutely anyone I care about!
Doctor's Response

Karen, you had us at "no pain"! We are so glad to hear of your continued recovery and that you enjoyed your trip. Congratulations on doing the hard work of PT, your efforts make such a difference.