Dr. Robert Ziltzer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Ziltzer?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Robert Ziltzer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 18th, 2016

One size doesn't fit all regarding weight loss

I would prefer negative or zero stars for Dr. Ziltzer's weight-loss business practice. The best thing that working with Dr. Ziltzer did for me was to teach me what NOT to do for myself. I'm only writing this review to recommend thinking twice and educating yourself about your particular type of metabolism before signing up for his programs. Do your homework before allowing Dr. Ziltzer to offer you appetite suppressing drugs or counseling you about losing weight. He has never experienced obesity for himself. He seemed clueless about older women's metabolisms. His exams and interviews lasted 5 minutes if I was lucky. Most of the folks attending his program were much younger than I, and men often lose weight faster and more easily than women. His program's highly sweetened meal replacements are expensive (patients are not allowed to return unopened boxes) full of high fructose corn syrup and did not work for me. I tried his 8 week jump start program. Perhaps it works for some folks, but while participating in the so-called support groups and nutritional classes, I did not hear any of the participants say they enjoyed the program or lost much weight. Most of all, I realize, like myself, many participants are just plain desperate to lose weight and believe it is "safer" to buy a program that is supposedly "medically supervised." Buyer beware of this program. Contrary to Dr. Ziltzer's promises, my hunger never went away. It cost $100 per pound lost. I was only able to keep weight off with low carb high fat diet after leaving this program. I suggest finding a clinic which has a good track record in creating individualized weight loss plans for their patients.

November 9th, 2009

Thank you!

Having tried every diet, I was tired of failing. Dr. Ziltzer designed a plan that worked for me. Great bedside manner, caring. Scottsdale Weight Loss staff was supportive and compassionate. The classes made the difference in my success. I know I will keep of the 30 pounds I lost. Thank you!

June 27th, 2015