Dr. Robert Zingale MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
Gifted Surgeon
I went to Dr. Zingale because I developed an abdominal hernia and wanted the best surgeon to do the repair. I chose wisely. Dr. Zingale is a truly gifted surgeon. My surgery went very well, in fact, better than I expected with little to no pain at all. Although the Dr. wanted me to take it easy for a few weeks ( which I did), I could have been doing all my normal activities within a week after the surgery! His office staff was also very professional and courteous to me. I give Dr. Zingale my highest recommendation to anyone needing expert surgical care. If needed, I would go back to him in a flash, and recommend him to anyone in my own family.

August 3rd, 2016
Your Review: I had a belly button hernia for years that needed surgery but I kept putting it off due to a bad experience I had with a previous surgeon. I finally decided to have the surgery done and was referred to Dr. Zingale by my PCP. The operation went well - it went exactly as Dr. Zingale said it would. After the operation I had very little pain. The only pain I felt came from getting in or out of chairs or bed. I had no pain sitting, standing or walking. I didn't have to use ANY of the pain medication that he prescribed after the operation - just 2 Advil at night before bed for 2 nights. I would highly recommend Dr. Zingale to anyone requiring surgery in the Huntington area. He did a great job and is willing to listen to any questions or concerns that you may have.

June 15th, 2016
lifesaver and angel
Dr. Zingale is an excellent surgeon as well as a great person. He saved my husband's life. My husband is 84 years old and had emergency surgery. Thanks to this wonderful and very gifted surgeon my husband is back to cutting the grass, driving the car, teasing me lovingly, and doing all his normal life's things.

January 31st, 2016
Emergency appendectomy
Even though the office wait time was 35 minutes, it was due to Dr. Zingale having had an emergency earlier in the day. I met him the first time needing an emergency appendectomy on a Sunday evening. He was quick to put me at ease, explain the procedure, answer all my questions, and just through his manner and demeanor he had a way of asserting that me, the patient, and my care, was the all important over anyone and anything else. Dr. Zingale is an excellent surgeon and I recommend him to anyone.

January 7th, 2016
"I am the Surgeon"
The title is exactly what he said to me when I asked a question about an unnessecary test he insisted I have AGAIN. It was unnecessary because I had the same exact test within approximately 90 days, give or take a few. I was concerned about the amount of radiation that my body would have to continue to endure given the battery of tests that I had been through recently. He was egomanical and dismissive. I told him that I felt ill, my doctor referred me to him because my test results showed illness and yet he insisted that I have another test on a part of my body that had previously been tested and didn't hurt. The flip side? He may be the surgeon but I know my body .I was sick and do require the surgery. I just found a kinder, gentler doctor to perform the necessary surgery that would make me better. This doctor might be wise to actually listen to his patients. Too bad I didn't listen to the friend who told me he was like this. I wasted almost hours on this visit. One in the waiting room. I would not recommend him at all.

June 15th, 2015
dr. and staff = the best

May 11th, 2015
My Surgeon since 1995. Clear, direct, talks with you not at you. Strongly recommended.

March 10th, 2015
love this man
Dr Zingale is my hero ---he is the best---love him-love him--

November 29th, 2014
Very fine doctor
Dr. Zingale saw me in his office and sent me to the emergency room to be admitted. I correctly needed treatment and testing so that I would be able to have gall bladder surgery. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Zingale. He came in on a day he did not generally have surgeries in order to perfrom mine. I was very satisfied with the result.

August 28th, 2014
Dr. Zingale is the best!
I've been a patient of Dr. Zingale for 20+ years. He has always been Knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. I would recommend him to everyone. Thanks Doc.

October 30th, 2013
Wound care
My experience today was a releif. I have had a wound that has not properly healed for several months from a surgery not preformed by Dr. Zingale. Todays visit gave me piece of mind that I am on the road to recovery.

October 12th, 2013
Over a ten year period Dr. Zingale came to my rescue when I was fighting cancer. He was always kind, considerate and caring. He helped me realize that I could get better and that any time I needed him he would be there for me. My husband was diagnosed with skin cancer and he operated successfully to remove it. He obviously is wise and knowledgeable in all aspects of his work. I would not only recommend him but shout his praise to the rooftops. He's a great doctor and a good person. What a combination today.