Roberta W Lucas MD Patient Reviews

3.8

September 11th, 2015
Go somewhere else for sports physicals
My kids have gone to Dr. Lucas for 13 years here in Roswell. She has always been wonderful with them both. My review of her is that she is excellent but today I feel like I may have to go elsewhere because the bottom line is money. My child already had a physical this year (3 months ago) and I went to have paperwork filled out so he could play basketball and was told "he has to have another physical and it's 75 dollars and insurance won't cover it." I left, called Urgent Care and they will do the sports physical for 25 dollars which is what I would have paid for the paperwork to be filled out at Dr . Lucas' office. VERY DISTURBING! I hate that she may lose two long term patients over something petty like this but I guess everything is about the almighty dollar to them now.

December 2nd, 2014
Terrible doctors... stay away!
The only good thing I can say is that the nurse was extremely nice. I don't expect her to last long, though, because Dr. Lucas has an extremely poor bedside manner. She's like an ogre. When she came in to the exam room, she propped her leg up on a stool like she was a male animal trying to show dominance. She talked down to my daughter due to her being overweight almost to the point of being cruel. She ordered blood tests which I completed in a timely manner, but I HAD TO CALL a MONTH later to get the results. If you want referrals, you better be ready to bug the heck out of her office for them. It has been a year and I'm still waiting on at least one referral. I am changing my daughter's PCP immediately and I may consider lodging a formal complaint with the powers that be.

June 7th, 2012
Great Doctor!
Dr. Lucas is an excellent diagnotician and is highly knowledgeable. She has treated both me and my children for a very long time. I would without hesitation recommend her to anyone seeking a top-notch physician.

February 1st, 2012
This Dr is straight forward and to the point, bordering on harsh..but I would rather have an honest doctor that does not beat around the bush. Her nurse is very nice and both were good with my 4 month old daughter. She did seem annoyed with the crying..but did not yell, just asked that we try to give her a binkie to quiet her down. She was thorough and spent plenty of time answering ALL of our questions. All in all I was pretty pleased.

January 26th, 2012
DO NOT GO HERE...BE WARNED!!!
This lady is by far the worst doctor I have ever taken my child to. She yelled at her only because my daughter began to cry. As if this were not enough, the expenses she charged were much higher than we were initially told. She does not feel as if she should be accountable for her commitments. I will never take my child to her again. BE WARNED!!!

December 6th, 2011
Happy patient
My child was a new patient to this practice. I was very happy overall withthe Dr. and her staff. Small and comfortable and the Dr. takes ample time to explain your child's illness and plan for treatment. Her nurse is wonderful and very sweet, my daughter liked her very well. She has helped me numerous times with advice and other issues. Dr. Lucas is very straight forward but honest and a great clinician! I am very happy with this practice. New office is very nice too!

December 13th, 2010
she does not have any manners ,,
waiting time is worse