Dr. Roberto Garcia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

May 27th, 2015
Terrible doctor and omg that MA was beyond rude! Overall terrible and such a waste of tima

May 6th, 2015
Horrible doctor!
The nurses were amazing! Dr. Garcia is rude, unprofessional, could hear him yelling at staff!

March 6th, 2015
Doc doesn't listen. Can not do prescriptions right. Makes us change rooms 2 or 3 times cause he only works out of one room and then he has conversation with nurse about other patients. Only gives aprx. 10 mins total and then he walks out the door.

August 13th, 2014
would not recommend
The office staff is really kind, sweet, and very helpful. Unfortunately every appointment I've had has had a 2-3 hour wait past my appointment time. I understand that he takes walk ins, but this is why people make appointments. No one should have to wait 3 hours past their appointment time. Its never less than 2 hours, and thats before I even get to the back. It really seems like he's massively overbooked himself. I've seen several people just walk out because they've waited so long. The doctor seems nice enough, but I only ever see him for 10 minutes. He never seems to know what he's told me the last visit: he's repeated the same thing for 5 visits and I have to tell him that we've already gone over that, and yes I'm fully aware. I've notice he interrupts or talks over me a lot, which I find very irritating. It's really hard to tell someone what's going on when you cant get a word in. I feel like he's given up on solving my medical issue, which is disappointing. Its not life threatening, but very painful and I had really hoped to have least made some progress after many months. Overall, I feel like I'm on an assembly line: Wait several hours past my appointment time, finally see the Doc for 10 minutes and absolutely nothing gets resolved. Unfortunately, it's time for me to find a new doctor.

January 16th, 2014
Office staff are inept
I really like the doctor but the people he has working for him are the most inept bunch of people. There are so many people that it's a wonder they have anything to do in the first place. I took forms over to the office to have signed for a release for surgery and two weeks later went back since they had never been filled out and they took the paperwork again and said it was being worked on and it would be faxed over that day. Now it's about six weeks later and I called to see when my surgery was scheduled and they never received the release. The office staff at the doctor's office had no idea what was going on with it and had no clue where the paperwork was even located. I am so angry I could scream. I am fit to be tied. It's a shame that the office staff is so incompetent. Guess it's wait three hours for an appointment or not have anything done without waiting for it. Would recommend the doctor but forget about getting anything done that involves office staffing.

October 1st, 2013
Nightmare
I had to wait over an hour and a half to be seen. The doctor was overly opinionated and wasn't open to any kind of treatment for my disorder because the medication is widely misused but not dangerous. He finally prescribed me but refused to approve it for my insurance so i had to pay full price. It was a terrible experience and I will never go back to such an awful stubborn doctor who isn't willing to listen and help his patients.

February 7th, 2013
worst doctor experience ever
I would never be seen as a patient here again. The staff are very unhelpful and unfriendly and although there was talk about the importance of a "medical home" my medical needs and requests were essentially ignored. I went there two times, once for strep throat and once for an annual check-up. The medication I needed renewed at the annual exam was not sent over to the pharmacy (which I was told it was) and when I called their office to find out what happened, they refused to send the script or provide an alternative medicine that was right for me. They charged me $25 to get copies of my records to take to another healthcare provider. If I had a lengthy medical history with them I could understand the fee, but they refused to release 10 pages of my medical information without paying them $25 first.

August 4th, 2012
He is a very sweet, patienced, understandable dr. He gave all the time I needed and he never check his watch !!!

March 7th, 2012
Not impressed
Called 2 weeks in advance to make an appointment and called the day of my appointment and they had no record of me ever making one. They were able to get me in 30 minutes after my schedule appointment. I never met doctor Garcia but dealt with an assistant that was very friendly but how ever didn't know what he was doing and put the wrong referral in for me being pregnant. Do not recommend this place to any one.

November 14th, 2011
excellent doctor who cares and has very good manners. Very well trained with excellent service

September 15th, 2010
Long wait, very unorganized, disgusting office
I went to Dr. Garcia and had the worst experience i have ever had at a doctors office. The staff was completely unorganized and the office was disgusting. The office had dead bugs on the floor, mildew over growing in the sink, and was extremely unkept. Dr. Garcia himself diagnosed nothing i talked to him about, but then sent me to 3 seperate specialists for issues that i had talked to him about. In turn he requested a number of follow up appointments for each of these; which consisted of me waiting 1.5 to 2 hours (everytime) and Dr. Garcia not even being prepared for the appointment. He came into the room not even knowing why we had a follow up, and had to call around trying to get an upate on the other doctors i saw. After waiting 2 hours he told me "well everything looked good", which i already knew. Not discussing any of the results with me. I'm not even sure he had found the results. 25 Dollar co-pay later he was trying to schedule another follow-up. It was very obvious that he was trying to manipulate the fact that i had insurance. I was very upset about my experience and all the money i wasted on unneeded visits and co-pays.