Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
I waited 1 hour and 22 minutes to get into a waiting room after scheduling my check up 3 weeks in advance. show details I waited 1 hour and 22 minutes to get into a waiting room after scheduling my check up 3 weeks in advance.
Oct 30th, 2014

Chose this Dr as my PCP because he is a DO in Internal Medicine. Made an appt. for a well check physical. I should have cut bait and switched PCPs from the get got--from the moment I called to make an appt. His wife took the call and repeatedly told me I would have to schedule 2 appts in order to be seen in their office per my insurance. What?? She kept assuring me it was STANDARD procedure that you made one appt. to fill out your paperwork and get vitals and then your 2nd appt. (That would be 2 paid appts.) You would be seen by the dr and get a check up. I went round and round with her on the absurdity of this. I hang up and call my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) to verify this "policy" and complain. Of course that's not an insurance "rule". I call back and just like that his wife says, "Ok. I'll just schedule you for a physical in one appt." That was my first 30 minutes lost and my first red flag. I show up for my scheduled appt. and sit in the waiting area for 1 hour and 22 minutes before being taken back to an examination room. Why I didn't walk out is beyond me. At some point you invest so much time that you decide to stick it out. ..Should have just left. My bad. No real opinion on the Dr because he really didn't say much to me. He was in an out within 10 minutes. I spoke to him regarding some concerns I had and wanted to establish on my chart. However, there was no real follow up on his side. Had labs done in the office (which is a plus), however, they put down the wrong insurance information. That is a talent considering I filled out my insurance forms, my insurance electronically sends my info to their system as my PCP, and they made a copy of my insurance card. So, with all this info already in my file, how does one manage to put in the wrong insurance? So, another delay as the staff tries to "figure out" how this happens. They send me to check out with no instructions or follow up regarding anything I discussed with the Dr. Is he is going to prescribe me anything or send me to a specialist? I have no idea. I ask the check out person to follow up with anything from my appt. Nothing. She has no idea and there isn't a nurse available to tell me anthing. There is nothing on my chart reflecting anything. Great. So I check me out. NO receipt, no info., no anything. I walk out with nothing. After a week I followed up regarding my in office labs, since no one ever contacted me. The person on the phone tells me she doesn't do lab results but will get the info for me since I am calling and asking. I explain to her no one has ever called, I wasn't given any info. during or after the appt., and the the "NextGen Patient Portal" the receptionist tells you to sign up on doesn't have any info on it. Why exactly to they tell you to sign up on the NextGen Portal if they don't actually put any of your info on it? They give me the results over the phone and tell me I need to do this and this. I ask for a copy of my labs and instructions and have yet to ever receive anything. I followed up asking about a health concern I voiced to the Dr. that he never said anything in the appt. and apparently didn't note in my chart. The person on the phone said she would ask and call me back--and of course, never did. I am astounded when people keep putting down all these glowing reviews of this office. Every step of the way, I encountered problems and would not recommend this place.

by Mary Young on Oct 23rd, 2014

Dr Lopez is a very caring person. Very professional. I rarely ever get to see him. His staff is friendly, but not too efficient. Called a mail order prescription in for the wrong medicine. Took me a lot of phone time getting that fixed. Did not call me when blood test came back with high numbers for thyroid. Finally after 3 weeks I called in and found my thyroid was out of wack. Suffered for weeks with light headed feeling. Hard to drive my daughter to School. The Dr he sent my paperwork to see never got back with me. Had to find my own specialist . Mistakes like this reflect on the doctor who is a very good one

Visits & refills show details Visits & refills
by Amanda Rogers on Feb 3rd, 2014

Dr. Lopez has always been courteous, professional & extremely caring. He takes the time to talk with you & the staff is very helpful. My only complaint is refill of Meds. that office has to OK. It takes them several days sometimes & I call it in before it's out. I have gone to Dr. Lopez for 15 years.

by ks on Oct 26th, 2013

Dr.Lopez is very thorough with his patient care. Always courteous. Does not shy away from expecting you the patient to do your part in your health care maintenance. The staff are also super nice. Glad I came to this doctor.

Great Dr show details Great Dr
by Mito M on Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Lopez has always been very courteous and professional. I highly recommend him. It has always been easy to make appointments with him and his staff is very helpful. He is very patient and takes the time to talk to you.

Satisfied Patient show details Satisfied Patient
Aug 20th, 2013

Dr. Lopez and his staff were extremely caring and professional. I have to drive a long distance to receive medical attention and the drive is worth the personal and efficient care I receive. The wait was minimal and the staff was very courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Lopez without any hesitation.

Great Dr. and Staff show details Great Dr. and Staff
by Anna G. on Aug 20th, 2013

Congratulations to Dr. Lopez for being voted Best of Best Internal Medicine in Rockwall and Rowlett. He is a great Dr, person very professional. His staff is kind, caring compassionate and extremely helpful. Worth the wait, I will wait to see Dr. Lopez or Amy Andujar his PA.

Great Doctor - rude staff show details Great Doctor - rude staff
Sep 15th, 2012

His office staff shows little patience in dealing with elderly patients. In one instance a man came in to the office to get written instructions for a med as he wasn't sure what to do from a previous telephone conversation. Instead of just giving him written instructions, in front of all the other patients in the waiting room, they kept telling him that they had already told him what to do on the phone. The poor man just wanted to make sure he took it correctly. I did not feel he was being at all unreasonable. They did finally write it down for him, though.

May 4th, 2011

no matter how many times, I write this negative review, somehow it immediately disappear! I tried to see Dr. Lopez 5 times and was always "given" to the PA, although I asked for Dr. Lopez. The PA simply refers me to the hospital for CT scans, etc and I, to this date, have still never seen Dr. Lopez in my life. Unbelievable!

Jul 9th, 2009

Di Nicola

Jul 3rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

the best dr in rockwall, he has treated my family for years. Mrs. Lopez will also help you if she can.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com