Dr. Roberto Norniella MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Grayson, GA

3.2

October 3rd, 2016
I came to Dr. Norniella when I had just moved to Athens. I had been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety when I was fairly young and had later been diagnosed instead with bipolar depression by a psychologist I saw for a short time. Not knowing what to do with this information (because I'm not a psychiatrist), I sought his counsel. His version of working with me to reach a proper diagnosis was to hand me the DSM5, ask me to pick which disorder fit my symptoms best. He then proceeded to skirt my questions about that really being a sound method of diagnosis (again, I stress, I am /not/ a psychiatrist) and write me a prescription for mood stabilizers. He seems like a kind man, sure, but I did not realize going into the appointment that he would have me do his work for him. Makes me question how much he really cares about his patients.

June 3rd, 2016
Screwed up prescription, now I have to drive all the way back across town and pick up new prescription to have it filled.

January 8th, 2015
Dr. Norniella is one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen them in 11 states across the country. He is very professional and extremely accurate in his diagnosis - very caring

May 31st, 2014
Denied care after a $300 introductory appointment
Disrespectful and unhelpful receptionist/scheduler. Would not allow me to talk to Dr. Norniella on the telephone to discuss a problem I was having--simply wanted to chat briefly with Dr. Norniella to determine if it would be worth taking time off from my job for an office appointment, which would require nearly one-hour of driving round-trip. Was told that Dr. Norniella does not talk with his patients on the phone, "or he wouldn't have time to do anything else." What Dr. Norniella apparently does not understand is that his patients' time is important, too. I was told that I would need to wait nearly a month to get an appointment to see him. Really? When I was assured after my $300 introductory appointment that I was now an established patient and the waiting time for future appointments would be limited and reasonable. Is having to wait a month to receive help for a problem you're experiencing right now a reasonable amount of time to be expected to wait? I don't think so. That said, if you can manage to wait the time that's required to meet with Dr. Norniella, I think you'll find him to be kind and knowledgeable, but I suggest that he rethink some of his office policies, and I wish you luck dealing with his receptionist/scheduler.