Endocrinologists
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N Wolfe St
Baltimore, MD 21287
410-955-9270
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Honest and professional  |  show details
by Gina T on Feb 28th, 2013

I read the previous reviews on Dr. Salvatori not having any bedside manners. I don't see it. He was very kind and patient, and said to make sure I interrupt him if I don't understand something or have anything to add. He was very thorough with my exam and explained my course of treatment. I trust this doctor and will continue to see him during the course of my treatment.

|  Great Dr  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I had been struggling with day to day life since being diagosed with Adrenal Insuffiency last summer. I drove 5 hours to Johns Hopkins to see Dr Salvatori because of JH reputation. I was not disappointed! I was impressed with his knowledge of my disease. He took me off of one medication (fluid pill) which was lowering my blood pressure. He lowered my cortisol dosage and adjusted the time I take my medication. He stated I would feel bad for about 2 weeks as I adjust to the lower levels of cortisol. I stated regaining my energy within a few days and I haven't looked backward. I am planning on returning to work fulltime. I would highly recommend Dr Salvatori!

|  Which Salvatori will show up today?  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr. Salvatori is extremely moody and arrogant. I have had the very best encounters with him and the very worst. He has a very poor bed side manner one minute and the next a wonderful one. He is all over the map. As far as knowledge and competence, there is none better and at the end of the day you want premium care not a friend. It is a real shame that he is not more balanced. I have seen many physicians at Johns Hopkins and they are ALL caring competent but most of all empathetic and kind. If you are looking for those qualities consistently this is not your guy! I am looking for a cure not a girlfriend so I put up with his bipolar ways.

|  VERY POOR CLINICIAN AND BEDSIDE MANNER  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. ASK FOR A DIFFERENT ENDOCRINOLOGIST AT HOPKINS. LEFT WITH AN UNDIAGNOSED PROBLEM WHICH HE SPECIALIZES IN. ARROGANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!POOR TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Takes to long to get a response from him. Takes to long to get appointments. Phone calls go unreturned. Nice Guy but his staff is not always helpful. Took to long to help me.

|  A talented and caring physician  |  show details
by Doug Hickok on Jun 24th, 2010

When I chose Johns Hopkins to have surgery to remove a brain-base cyst that was really messing with my hormones, Dr. Salvatori was onboard as my endocrinologist.I was very impressed by his thoroughness and his kindness, his humanity. Having unfortunately been through many medical treatments in my life, I know a good doctor when I work with him, and Dr. Salvatori is one of the best.Here's an example of how unusual he is in his care for patients. He called me three times in the pre-op period to get more information, check on how I was doing. This is the first time that a top doctor has ever called me, and his continued attentiveness and follow-through continue to this day.He even has a good sense of humor. Too many doctors seem to have been drained of their sense of humor, but not this one.He's 'the man'.

|  Best Endocrinologist Ever  |  show details
by Erica LaFramboise on Apr 13th, 2010

Dr. Salvatori is the best Endocrinologist I have ever had the pleasure to call my doctor. He has helped monitor and control some endocrine problems that other doctors have not understood or known how to treat. Aside from his obvious expertise and experience, there is something in Dr. Salvatoris manner, in his quiet intelligence, that immediately makes you feel at ease because its apparent he knows what hes doing. I trust him completely and can say that out of the four endocrinologists Ive seen, he is hands down the best and the only one who I felt understood my condition and took it seriously. Further, when I developed multiple (and simultaneous) endocrine complications after brain surgery, Dr. Salvatori worked tirelessly to help me fix things. He was always available to answer a question, and even directed my treatment when I was hospitalized at a different facility. Hes an outstanding doctor and a genuinely good person, and I am so lucky to be his patient. Also wonderful is his staff. His PAs, nurses and office staff were always so kind and helpful, and its apparent they have the patients best interest at heart. They work so hard and its been a blessing to have the privilege to work with them.

|  show details
by whajduczyk on Nov 10th, 2006 on citysearch.com

I had a fabulous experience at Helen?s Garden! My cousin took me there when my husband and I were visiting from San Francisco recently. Coming from the Bay Area, she wanted to take me some place that she thought was of the same caliber?and she was right o

Read Full Review at citysearch.com