Dr. Robert Weinstein MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Philadelphia, PA

April 29th, 2015
Unprofessional Rude Front Desk
I have seen Dr. Weinstein twice for my annual exams. First visit was ok, though front desk was not friendly which did not bother me at the time. My second visit was a nightmare! First, I noticed his nurse placing a speculum right on the table. I complained to the doctor to replace a speculum since it was touching the table, quite unsanitary. I asked to place a speculum on the tray. The nurse was not happy about my request and gave me an attitude. Dr. Weinstein though was very patient about the situation and promised me to talk to that nurse about being unprofessional. Second, Dr. Weinstein did not do pap smear test though I came for a routine exam. I was left under impression that my Keystone Health East insurance covered my annual exam. I was not told about any extra charges at the time of my visit. I was extremely surprised to see a bill from MDL in the amount of $225 for nine candida tests. Nine tests, no one in the office informed me about what specific tests they were. Had I been told about hidden cost I would not agree for the tests to be performed. I called the office several times, they directed me to call the lab. Not sure why would they send those tests to the lab my insurance did not cover. I called the office again and asked them to mail those test results to my home address. It was ignored and never mailed to me. I tried unsuccessfully resolve the billing issue calling the office for 3 weeks. Finally I came to the office to ask some questions and pick up my medical records including test results that was not mailed to me. Front desk person, Angela, treated me so badly and unprofessional, I can hardly describe that horror. She screamed at me the whole time, not giving any answers, and yelling that it was not her job. I told her that I could not read handwriting on my medical record and she quickly humiliated me in front of all other patients. The other lady working in the office was quite rude as well. They both rolled their eyes, being condescending and yelled at me at the same time. What I understood from their screaming that they do not care how much it cost and they do not have to give a patient an estimate, they just send it to whatever lab and then I have to pick up the bill. When I exited and close the door immediately I heard those two ladies mocking me and laughing and gossiping about me with other office workers and patients. That was extremely traumatic and humiliating experience, not even including that I am $225 short. What if it was $1525 instead of $225. Patients must be aware how unprofessional and illiterate this medical office!!! Be careful, you could end up paying a huge bill later on!!!

May 8th, 2013
Best doctor ever, completely competent and completely caring and kind.

February 4th, 2013
EXCEPTIONAL PHYSICIAN
Dr. Weinstein is the perfect physician--active listener, kind, caring, excellent diagnostician, returns phone calls, shows an interest in one's general health including his specialty. He makes his patients feel at ease and never feel rushed. He is THE BEST!!