Dr. J Atwell MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Vero Beach, FL

October 28th, 2016
Great Guy!
Very professional and a nice guy, too. A rare combination.

April 6th, 2016
Wonderful careing Doctor.

February 28th, 2016
Awesome doctor! Very caring, smart and does what is best for the patient, not for him. Thank you for being there for me!

February 15th, 2016
waiting time depends on time of day, and if you are a work-in. Dr. Atwell spends as much time with a patient as needed, so sometimes the time runs over; however...you get your quality time and I have never felt slighted.

September 12th, 2015
not satisfied
He is always in hurry, doesn't like to be questioned , his office always misplaces urine sample to be sent to the lab so I have to go there twice, not good doctor for kidney stones problems.

July 23rd, 2015
A terrific doctor.

September 3rd, 2014
I have been seeing Dr Atwell for years now. He is such a kind and compassionate old fashioned doctor. He spends time in the room with you, not staring at his computer. He is a conservative doctor, only doing what he feels his patients need and can tolerate. You won't find many like him. Thank God I found him!

July 8th, 2013
Dr. Atwell saved my life
When I went to the ER on Thursday, I was lucky enough to find Dr. Atwell on duty. My 'swollen' area quickly become full-blown necrotizing faciitis a.k.a. flesh-eating disease. After quick attention and surgery by Dr. Atwell and 2 days in a hyperbaric chamber, supervised by Dr. Atwell, I was flown by helicopter to Orlando Regional Medical Center. I spent more than 4 weeks in I.C.U. and underwent 30 procedures that required full anesthesia. I am now completely healed and healthy. All the doctors in Orlando agreed that I only had had a 20% chance of survival and recovery when I'd arrived in Orlando (only a 30-minute flight). The long and short of the story is that Dr. Atwell saved my life. I should never have survived the first 3 days and medical personnel have agreed. He was instrumental in getting my Workman's Compensation in Ontario, Canada to pay for all medical costs and that was a Godsend. He even followed up with me after I'd returned to my hometown upon release from the hospital. Any recognition, accolades, awards that Dr. Atwell receives are well deserved.

April 25th, 2013
always in a hurry
Nice person, friendly, but always rushing through the chart, didn't take time to read CT itself and only went by written report. Totally missed the real problem which turned out to be serious.. The bottom line is that he is always in a hurry to get to the next patient.

September 20th, 2012
Awful bedside manners
I take my client to see him..he NEVER even acknowledge her. Grabs her chart and in less than a minute was out the door. NEVER ask her what her problems were, only goes by what the nurse writes in her chart. He needs to learn bedside manners and empathy.

April 3rd, 2012
see a different doctor
if your looking for an Urologistkeep on looking there are much better ones out there

March 13th, 2012
not as good as i thought
has a problem with the truth, misinforms,and is very self centered....only hears what he wants to hear,,its a shame because is is a nice person,,,but so is my neighbor,,