Dr. Robin Bernhoft MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 28th, 2013
Thank you Dr. Bernhoft, for helping me get my life back
I'm recovering from fibromyalgia, thanks in part to Dr. Bernhoft's diagnosis and treatment recommendation. Genetic testing determined that I have a MTHFR gene mutation that affects the liver's ability to detoxify heavy metals such as mercury and many chemicals. I had silver (mercury-containing) fillings in my teeth for 30 years. I learned that mercury can make nerves extra sensitive, and because of the gene mutation, the body cannot rid itself of this toxic substance, even though the fillings were removed around 15 years ago. However, heavy metals and toxic substances can be gradually removed with chelation treatments. After about 25 chelation treatments, the pain in my arms and hands improved enough that I was able to resume a career that required 8+ hours at the computer per day. For 4 years I had been unable to work at the chosen career that I loved, and I'm now happy to mostly have my life back. Dr. Bernhoft is a kind, compassionate Dr. who listens and does what he can to help people regain their health. He searches for the cause of dis-ease and doesn't just treat the symptoms with drugs as most other doctors do. A couple of the other reviewers mentioned the high cost -- in my experience, his office visit fees are in line with other top alternative doctors, but his fees for chelation are a bit on the high side. Like many other alternative doctors, he is not in network with most insurance companies. If you have a health insurance plan that provides out-of-network benefits, they will likely cover a portion of the office-visit fees, and the chelation treatments if they are needed. My insurance did not cover the genetic test. It was expensive, but critical to the diagnosis and treatment plan. If one is ill, a question to ask yourself -- do I want to work with a progressive cutting-edge doctor who will look for and treat the CAUSE of my illness so I can regain my health, or do I want to work with a doctor who has been brainwashed by the medical establishment, and from this well-meaning ignorance only prescribes drugs to treat the SYMPTOMS?

May 6th, 2010
When I found and went to Dr B I'd had a toxic exposure 3 weeks previously. In those 3 weeks I tried going to AMA doctors to find a cure or help with the after effects of the exposure. Dr B diagnosed and started treating me the same day as my first appointment. He also gave me a most precious gift in that first appointment, the gift of hope. Now two and a half years later he is still an important part of my treatment team and he, Maureen and Danielle still hold special places in my heart

October 7th, 2009
Caring and Professional
Dr. Bernhoft is extremely thorough and professional. He truly seems to care about our well-being and listens patiently to our concerns. Not only is he amazing, but the office staff is fantastic as well. They all go over and above to address our needs and to provide the most appropriate treatment. Dr. Bernhoft offers hope when other medical professionals had given up on our case. Not only that, but he gets results. Of all the doctors our family has had occasion to visit over the years, Dr. Bernhoft is at the top of our list!