Dr. Robin Dyleski Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robin Dyleski?

November 30th, 2010

wow....

I too had the experience of a very long wait for no apparent reason and then quite stern and forceful talking over my questions and answering different questions than I was asking. Our Son was 3 months old at the time of our appointment and born with microtia and hemifacial microsomia. He was having trouble drinking milk and sleeping. She was the first professional outside of the hospital nicu we had seen. Our son was doing fine and was strong and we were not in any sort of emergency mode, however, as you can imagine.... we were concerned parents taking an appointment for a reason. Well the second we walked in the door she took one look at our son (who was born 6.5lbs) and said "my god... you're starving him."Now who, in her position, would say something like that to first time parents desperate for answers or anybody even before a hello and a handshake or any examination of facts. The appointment continued to decline as she learned that we were in the midst of seeing many top notch ENT's, craniofacial teams and plastic surgeons from a variety of local NYC hospitals... to which she began a streaming, self inflating list of her accomplishments and experiences while occasionally denigrating another doctor here and there. I tell you, it was really something to behold.So finally... back to our crying little baby and what we should do and she says.... "I have some friends with kids and they tell me that they sometimes put an extra scoop of formula into the bottle, so you could try that" Jesse was drinking breastmilk exclusively from a bottle at the time which we had told her in the beginning of the appointment somewhere in between starving the baby and I'm the best doctor.My wife was virtually in tears when we left her office and we agreed in the elevator to never go back.We now see Dr. Joseph Bernstein as part of the NYU craniofacial team. He is really great. Jesse basically had some reflux for which we gave him prevacid which helped a lot and we switched to a different vented nipple (we ended up with the gerber nuk). He is a now happy, healthy 14 month old who is still on the skinny and tallish side, just like his parents and where he was probably meant to have been from the beginning.

September 27th, 2010

You can trust this doctor not to do unnecessary procedures

After taking my child to an ENT who would torture my child at each visit to purportedly remove impacted ear wax (impacted ear wax on a 9 month old?!?) and wanted to surgically widen my child's ear canals by drilling into my child's skull, I have been very happy with Dr. Dyleski. She works very quickly in examing my daughter's ears to minimize the trauma to my daughter. And guess what, she told me that my daughter's ear canals were completely fine. We've seen her for over a year now and my daughter has not been on oral antibiotics once for an ear infection. While Dr. Dyleski may not have the most lovey dovey bedside manner, she knows what she is doing, she always explains the treatments and does not seem to perform unnecessary procedures just to tap your insurance coverage. I would definately recommend her.

April 16th, 2010

Horrible bedside manner

After waiting in an empty waiting room for 50 minutes (after the staff called me to re-schedule my appointment earlier hours before I was due to arrive for my intended appointment time), Dr Dyleski finally saw my child. From the second we stepped into her office, she was ordering my child to "sit here and don't move" . She either ignored my child's concerns (nervousness) or barked in a completely inappropriate tone to talk to a child who had done nothing wrong. Then when I had questions, she wouldn't let me talk and literally talked on top of me. As I was more persistent with asking my question, she raised her voice louder and louder to continue talking over me. I assume her diagnosis was accurate (waiting on a second opinion) but there's no way I'd let that woman operate on my child after how coldly she treated us. Worst experience with a doctor I ever had in my whole life.

June 1st, 2017