Dr. Robin Fintel MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2012
THIS DOCTOR SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE!
DO NOT SEE DR ROBIN FINTEL!!! I waited 45 minutes past my appt time and she didnt seem bothered by running that late. When I tried to explain what was wrong with me and had questions she asked to stop talking and that she needs to concentrate on documenting the appointment on her computer. She did not bother to listen to me and did not even "look" at the area I needed treatment. I was stunned by her rude and strange behavior and inability to conduct the appointment. In the end I received no diagnosis, treatment, care or direction but she billed me $440!!! Do not waste your time and money by seeing this doctor.

June 23rd, 2012
NEVER AGAIN!
After reading these reviews I decided to still continue my appt and procedure with this DR. Appt was crazy...she was in and out like the wind..too fast and wasnt really listening to what my answers were to her questions because she asked things over and over. During the procedure I was awake the whole time... in pain and watching her take biopsies!! OUCH!!! never had that experience before. She did not even see me after the procedure but wanted me to come back in 3 weeks to discuss (more money) I talked to her on the phone instead and she told me nothing was wrong everything was normal. I requested my results and discovered there was plenty wrong!!! Im going to another University now. Stay away from this DR. She goes so fast she misses problems.

May 30th, 2012
Expensive and time consuming
High fees, recommended expensive procedures, wrote expensive prescription. Struggling to pay bills from 30 minute appointment. Didn't buy prescription. Lost half day of work wages for the visit. Better off getting a flight to a beach and back the same day. Costs less.

April 1st, 2011
Upset
Was late for test & seemed very rushed. reluctant to talk to me on phone to tell me what she found.Waited a week after I received the path report to see her for explanation. Lost my voice after test & have not regained it in 6 weeks. ENT says the scope had hit next to my vocal chords & it has to heal.

March 25th, 2008
rushed, inattentive and unresponsive
After two visits to see Dr. Fintel, she may have said 3 sentences to me. She got visibly upset when she asked me to see a prescription note that she thought she had given me but had not. She does not keep the patient informed or involved in the process, instead scheduling multiple tests all over the hospital. When I called in to get test results I was told she would call me yesterday. Yesterday I happened to wake up with sharp abdominal pains, so I called her office at 9am, 11:30am, and 3pm...she never called back to consult about my pain or to give test results. Today I stopped into her office at noon after my third test, and was told she could see me after her other patients. Since I had missed a day and a half of work, I could not wait anymore. Instead, I asked to verify that she would call me when she finished with her patients. It is 4:30 on day 2, and not a single a attempt to call me. At 4:00 my husband called to ask if there is anyway we could escalate this matter, but he was told she has a private practice so she doesn't have a supervisor and that I could go the ER. I would never, ever recommend her to anyone. She's ruined my view of Northwestern.

July 22nd, 2016