Dr. Robin Mainwaring MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Salt Lake City, UT

February 17th, 2017
Unprofessional billing and lack of communication re charges
My wife went in for her annual preventative OBGYN visit which is normally fully covered by insurance. To our surprise, we were billed an extra office visit fee for something the doctor never clearly communicated during the visit. Apparently, she had done something that did not qualify as preventative. We found this out when we received a bill for $44 the insurance would not cover. Many attempts were made to work with Dr Mainwaring's billing dept. to seek a drop of these extra charges to no avail. A request was made for the doctor to review in hopes that common sense would prevail. Ultimately, Dr Mainwaring agreed with how the bill had been coded with total disregard to the situation and for the sum of $44 was willing to end a long term relationship with a patient. For this reason, I would NOT recommend Dr Mainwaring. Her attitude along with her billing staff have proven to be completely unresponsive in handling a minor miscommunication. Integrity, fair practice and business courtesy matter in a doctor patient relationship and unfortunately, these are not what we found working with Dr Mainwaring. If you choose to be a patient, pay attention to everything she does and ask clearly what is and what isn't covered when she is doing a procedure otherwise you will end up getting a bill a month later and will be out of luck and out of money. UNHAPPY! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

July 29th, 2015
Excellent bedside mannor....
Dr. Mainwaring's bedside manner is incredible. No one likes to wait too long in the waiting room or in the exam room but I realize that when my actual appointment starts she will spend as much time as needed with me. I assume that is why sometimes she may be running a little late for my appointment, because she gave the patient ahead of me the time and attention they needed. She has a great way of making you feel as comfortable as possible during your exam.

October 29th, 2012
She is just flat out amazing!! Unless she goes somewhere beyond my reach of her I will never go to another doctor!!!

October 8th, 2012
Robin has a way of making you feel like you are her only patient and that you really matter to her. I have had a couple of problems that if she isn't sure, she will recommend you to someone that will know. I have all of my family going to Robin. She is definitely the "Doctor of Choice"!

July 27th, 2012
Best OB/GYN I've ever been to
Dr. Mainwaring is amazing! She wanted to know about all of my health history and make sure that I was healthy in every field, not just her own. I was very comfortable throughout the entire pap and breast exam, which is rarely the case with other doctors. She explained preventative measures I needed to take based on my medical history. She noticed a lump on my throat and requested blood work to see if it was abnormal, which other doctors have done and the labs always come back clean. She was the first doctor though that also requested an ultrasound and it turned out to be thyroid cancer! So glad I went to her and that I'm on the road to finally getting better.

April 16th, 2012
Dr. Mainwaring is one of the most caring doctors I've ever seen. SHE LISTENS. She is clear, concise and makes sure you understand what to expect from any procedure and/or diagnoses. Very open and helps you make informed decisions about your overall health and well being. A breath of fresh air!!

December 13th, 2011
Fabulous!
I would highly recommend Dr. Mainwaring. I have moved a lot and had a few different gynecologists and Dr. Mainwaring is at the top of my list!

July 29th, 2011
Hands down one of the best physicians that has ever cared for me
Dr. Mainwaring is a very friendly, bubbily person. She cares about her patients immensely. she listens to what you have to say. she spends time with you, so the time you have to wait to see her becomes worth it. when she found out that i don't have another primary care doctor and that i only see her, she immediately took responsibility for all of my general health maintenance needs including lab tests and full physical exam. when she examined me, she found that my thyroid felt enlarged, and referred me for an ultrasound which eventually led to a diagnosis of hashimoto's thyroiditis. i never would have known i had this if it weren't for her excellent physical exam skills. she is a very good physician and has an excellent personality. i would recommend her to my sister or mother. the only complaint i have is that she doesn't deliver babies, and i am really sad that she won't be a part of my pregnancy care. it also can be challenging to get an appointment in a timely fashion, so plan ahead.

June 28th, 2011
7+ years = Happy patient
Dr Mainwaring is a caring, committed health practioner. She is smart, contemporary, and an excellent listener. Every time I have had an appointment, she is prepared and spends as much time with me as necessary. She has scheduled urgent appointments for me during her lunchtime, and when I needed to have surgery, she explained all the options to both my husband and me. And my scar is barely noticeable!

April 28th, 2011
I never understood how important it is to have a trusting relationship with one's physician until I met Dr. Mainwaring. I have the utmost respect and admiration for her.

August 17th, 2010
She is simply the best!
You can't find a better doctor around!

January 13th, 2009
You can't find a better Dr. anywhere! Robin is amazing!