Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Preventive Medicine / Wellness
Video profile
Fenway - Kenmore - Audubon Circle - Longwood
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
330 Brookline Ave
Boston, MA 02215
617-667-9920
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

Dr. Joyce is knowledgeable and sensitive to the patients needs. She will suggest the best possible treatment and will take the time to explain in detail the pros and cons. Highly recommend her!

|  One Very Smart Hematologist  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2013

Over the past 4 years, I have worked with several hematologists/medical oncologists in Boston for treatment of an indolent non-hodgkin lymphoma. Short of the dreaded bone marrow transplant, my condition is treatable but not curable. I was diagnosed in my late 40's, and to say it ruined my day was an understatement. Over the past 9 months, Dr. Joyce has been unique in her ability to think for herself to understand the complexities of the individual cancer. She takes symptoms and side effects seriously, and will go the extra mile to improve your quality of life. However, she also understands that certain things are tolerable, and does not look for a reason to overtreat the myriad of issues that sometimes occur. I do not feel the need to continually ask questions to make sure that she has my best interests at heart. Some of the major cancer centers that preceeded her did not seem to have the patience to deal with a slow-growing blood cancer. I heard things like "we don't do that here," combined with suggestions for more aggressive (but not curative) chemo, or surgery. My questions about clinical trials were not taken seriously. If you have the unfortunate need to work with a heme/onc, I would echo the sentiments of all the other reviewers who have provided 4-star ratings. Dr. Joyce also has an excellent nurse, Nancy Giallombordo, who seems to be more capable than many of the doctor's I've seen.

Nov 9th, 2012

I am still undergoing treatment, I would totally recommend her. She is an AMAZING dr. and person

Mar 8th, 2012

DR JOYCE IS OUTSTANDING

Aug 7th, 2009

Dr. Joyce is an amazing practioner! She obviously cares, as well as treats her patients with dignity. My prior oncologist in NH recommended Dr. Joyce and I have been grateful ever since.....