Dr. Robin May-Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Austin, TX

November 9th, 2014
Best Psychiatrist in Austin
Dr. May-Davis is one of the best psychiatrists in Austin. She is always looking at the whole picture for her patients. In addition, she actually returns her phone calls promptly, and will spend time on the phone to discuss your issues. I've tried two other highly rated psychiatrists, but they do not come close to the quality care I receive from Dr. May-Davis.

May 13th, 2014
Pleasantly surprised
I wasn't sure what to expect. I have seen other psychiatrists, but Dr. May-Davis is really worth the effort to get an appointment with her. I had to play phone tag quite a bit, but I am glad I did. She did not take my previous diagnoses as gospel and made sure that I had been diagnosed correctly. I felt like I was part of the solution when she asked what I thought would be best. I have had one follow-up with her. I never felt rushed and she took a full 30 minutes to check up on my progress

May 6th, 2014
Worst Dr. Ever!
This Dr.may be smart, but is too inexperienced! I give her credit for a heart attack brought on by stress.!! She cut me off of benzodiazipines, and preferred to Not treat the GAD and panic attacks I experienced repeatedly and over time I had a heart spasm & heart attack caused by stress.. Im not back on medications she cut me off of, and am recovering. She prefers holistic methods which are good in some cases, but she's too inexperienced to treat any serious cases. Also, she is NOT a good listener.. She'd rather let you listen to all she thinks she knows.. Find someone else!

August 26th, 2013
Good doctor, long wait to see her
Good doctor, but there was a long wait to see her. I waited for 6 weeks or so for my first appointment and I wanted to see someone much sooner. Patient and really listened to me

May 22nd, 2013
Thoughtful and Helpful
Dr. May-Davis was thoughtful and helpful. She took the time to get to know what was really going on with me and her questions indicated that she wanted to be as helpful as possible. Getting an appointment was a little tough because you have to go through the counselor, but Dr. May-Davis was worth the wait. She listened without judgment and gave me several options including therapy and medication for my problem. It was a good decision to meet with her.