Robin Mayfield Is this you?

Lack of follow up, the dog, and poor treatment

Posted on January 15th, 2016

Where to start...Well, I saw her for about a year in her office in Brookline. My first two visits she had her dog with her, who promptly came into the exam room with us, and he sat on the couch, uninvited with me and had his head in my lap the whole time...all while discussing my issues with the doctor. I told her I was allergic for future reference. The following 3 visits the dog was there too, same thing. One time, he was soaking wet because it was raining, so of course he jumped on me...and had his wetness al over me while I am in the exam room with this doctor. VERY unprofessional. She also kept insisting that I take a certain medication (which I had taken before and it does not work for my condition) and she did not seem to understand that. And finally, the last straw was when I was hospitalized and needed to follow up with her, and she did not return my calls for over a month. When she finally DID call me, it was because she wanted to ask me a question about my condition, so that she could advise another patient. I have a chronic illness, and have seen countless doctors and she is by far the worst that I have ever encountered. and PS. Her Brookline office has NO privacy...None..Every patient in the waiting room can hear everything that goes on in the exam room.

Compassionate physician

Posted on August 22nd, 2015

Dr. Mayfield is a pleasant and kind doctor. She x-rayed and diagnosed my fractured foot and treated me efficiently, while allowing time for questions and advice. I recommend her and her office highly.

Simply Outstanding

Posted on April 1st, 2015

She was my doctor for approximately 3 years and gave me the best care of my life. I even had a pesky condition no one else could figure out (even my first MA PCP at Mass General) and she sorted it out in a WEEK. Her background as a medical researcher helps her make quality treatment recommendations -- rather than relying on whatever the physician has typically done the last ten years. Most importantly, you feel cared about and listened to; a true participant in your treatment. Her ethics are impeccable also and that 's definitely not something you get everyday. She is highly comfortable and competent when dealing with LGBT patients or those who struggle with mental illness.

Horrible diagnostician

Posted on February 28th, 2015

This doctor works at a Doctors Express in Watertown, MA. My child came in with an ear infection on a weekend when her pediatrician's office was closed. She diagnosed influenza, refused to discuss why she thought this was the case (no nausea, vomiting, fever, cough was present). She insisted on running tests for influenza (a small but silly charge), and when the tests came back negative she still prescribed flu medicine and told me that it was "medically indicated" and that she was simply following "CDC guidelines." This is a woman who should not be practicing medicine. Social work would be a better calling, since she spent over 25 minutes asking me why I was "frustrated" by her poor diagnosis. My daughter went to her pediatrician on Monday after a horrible weekend, received a different course of antibiotics than she had been on previously and was totally fine. Apparently Dr. Mayfield's primary concern is filling out billing codes.

Posted on January 1st, 2015

Great doctor! Very professional.

Worst physician ever

Posted on August 31st, 2012

I met with the doctor for 3 minutes - she has caused me incredible harm - which I will not discuss here..I would not recommend her to anyone under any circumstances -

Posted on May 18th, 2012